United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Fair enough, at least you've watched him. I'm not sure he likes to play up top and we have players who drop off. Also we really need a more pacy option in my opinion and that's not an asset of his. I wouldn't be massively averse to him as a signing but he isn't in my opinion what we actually need.
Like I say, Benzema would be like winning the lottery, but who else, realistically I guess, would we have?

Classic powerful & pacey no.9's are somewhat thin on the ground at the moment. Looking at a majority of top European sides & even national teams I can still only say Benzema would be the ideal signing.

Unread 29-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Whalefish

I want Mario Gomez.

Unread 29-04-2008, 10:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Huntelaar's an option too, he's quicker than some here think, though not lightning. He does though like to play right up top, has excellent movement and is an excellent finisher both on the deck and in the air. If the price isn't as ridiculous as recently quoted he might be worth a look.

Unread 29-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I want Mario Gomez.

Unread 29-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Huntelaar's an option too, he's quicker than some here think, though not lightning. He does though like to play right up top, has excellent movement and is an excellent finisher both on the deck and in the air. If the price isn't as ridiculous as recently quoted he might be worth a look.
hes quality on football manager sign him up!

Unread 29-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
hes quality on football manager sign him up!
& his goal scoring record in league & international football is also ridiculous, not to mention Marco van Basten rates him highly...

Unread 29-04-2008, 11:40 AM
suedeshoes

Berbatov will join United.

Unread 29-04-2008, 11:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
and you know this how?

Unread 29-04-2008, 11:58 AM
keano's love

Quote:
shut up!! don't get my hopes high!

Unread 29-04-2008, 11:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
shut up!! don't get my hopes high!
No, it was a definitive statement, he WILL sign, so hpe is unnecasary, well after he explains why he is so certain.

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:05 PM
keano's love

from a spurs board, they have received 3 bids for overseas clubs and they will sell berbatov only to one of these clubs.

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
from a spurs board, they have received 3 bids for overseas clubs and they will sell berbatov only to one of these clubs.
Off an internet message board you say? GOSPEL!!!!

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:06 PM
keano's love

I didn't say it was nailed on.

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:24 PM
koppas

Quote:
shouldn't it be "big fish in a small pond" ?
No.

I meant EXACTLY what I said.

Spurs is a club that only a select few can have the privilege of playing at. Bit like Real Madrid but bigger.

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:35 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
and you know this how?
Experience teaches me. They want to sell, we want to buy, he wants to join, the lenders have the loans. The wages available at Real / Inter / Bayern (who've registered an interest via agents) are not comparable with what United would offer. The evidence suggests to me he will join. I may be proved incorrect but I wasnt aware I could only post facts.

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:42 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Experience teaches me. They want to sell, we want to buy, he wants to join, the lenders have the loans. The wages available at Real / Inter / Bayern (who've registered an interest via agents) are not comparable with what United would offer. The evidence suggests to me he will join. I may be proved incorrect but I wasnt aware I could only post facts.
Ah, I see, that's fine it was just the defiinitive nature of your statement that threw me. Maybe "i think" would've been a better way to start given it was an opinion then?

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:45 PM
suedeshoes

Sorry man...didnt realise you were my editor. Do you do spelling and puntuation as well?

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Sorry man...didnt realise you were my editor. Do you do spelling and puntuation as well?
Not an editor at all my friend, just giving suggestions for clarity. I like to be helpful.

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:46 PM
koppas

Quote:
Ahem...its punctuation.

Unread 29-04-2008, 12:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Ahem...its punctuation.
No he was talking about help with plays on words.
Closed Thread