United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-02-2018, 07:54 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Rome was not built in a day,, the manager has to be given time to build his team, imagine if this place was around in the first 6 years of Fergie's reign, there would have been mass suicides all over the shop, from signing Ralp Milne to Mal Donaghy.. In his 2nd full season we finished second and and then we collapsed till the cup win in 1990.. Mourinho is still having to field half a team that got the last 2 managers sacked,
Truth nuke alert

Unread 24-02-2018, 07:54 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Certain people on here have had an anti-JM agenda from the start. Actual results barely come into it.
True but he needs to sort this out quickly or we'll be in that slide we had under LVG. I (think I) remember Fergie sending out Fletcher and Giggs when we had a healthy Scholes and Carrick and thinking he's £#%&!ed it. 3-0 , when we had men in the team. So Jose horses for courses and to the 11 he picks , play like you are playing for your job and the £#%&!ing shirt, show some spine to this bunch.

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:02 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
People keep returning to this argument the situations aren’t even remotely the same. Mourinho is producing exactly what Mourinho produces. Football has moved on, his methods aren’t the way right now and his spark has gone. We’re suffering.
Fergie was a serial winner when he arrived here and he hit a brick wall for 4 years, the football back then was awful, much worse than now, people have short memories, it was £#%&!ing torture, remember we were clinging to to the Fergie Fledlings that included some £#%&!er that was from an Italian chipshop and Russel Beardsmore.. Grim £#%&!ing times,

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Shade

Quote:
Rome was not built in a day,, the manager has to be given time to build his team
Yeah. United should've kept David Moyes.

Also some angry mong handing out the bad reps as usual.

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:08 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
Yeah. United should've kept David Moyes.

Also some angry mong handing out the bad reps as usual.
you get what you deserve....... pay your subs and your can return the rep..

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
True but he needs to sort this out quickly or we'll be in that slide we had under LVG
Again, can't disagree. And tomorrow would be a good place to start

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:13 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Didn't watch the press conf for the first time I can remember and if he sets up to play the kind of characterless, nondescript, containment, ambition less shit on a sitck dirge he has been then he can £#%&! off as we'll soon be over hauled by chelski and spuds, as we have been by ciddy and now even the skaus

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:14 PM
Shade

Quote:
you get what you deserve.......
These days the bad repping on here always come from the angry mongs who cannot accept the truth about the dire situation United are in right now.

Quote:
pay your subs and your can return the rep..
Nah, I don't get angry on Internet forums.

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Fergie was a serial winner when he arrived here and he hit a brick wall for 4 years, the football back then was awful, much worse than now, people have short memories, it was £#%&!ing torture, remember we were clinging to to the Fergie Fledlings that included some £#%&!er that was from an Italian chipshop and Russel Beardsmore.. Grim £#%&!ing times,

Again, the situations aren’t comparable, and the football was nowhere near as bad, at least the intentions weren’t even if performances were changeable. ‘89-90 was grim at times, but Fergie was buying and playing the best young players he could, allowing them to bed in, make mistakes and become a team. Mourinho is trying to grind out results in the dullest fashion possible, doing his level best to phase out the young players and signing old men. As he has always done. And again, what Ferguson had produced at Aberdeen was worth waiting for and putting up with a bit of pain. I don’t think what a Mourinho produces is, if he can even produce anything, as he’s never takena team like United when he arrived and took them to the top. Ever.

That’s coming from someone who was going to most games during the period of Fergie’s reign that you mention.

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:21 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Given our recent record in that respect, no shit
l put serious analysis into that prediction.

Mar 13, 2017 – FA Cup – (L) 2-0
Oct 23, 2016 – Prem – (L) 4-0
Feb 7, 2016 – Prem – (D) 1-1
Apr 18, 2015 – Prem – (L) 1-0
Jan 19, 2014 – Prem – (L) 4-1
Apr 1, 2013 – FA Cup – (L) 1-0
Oct 31, 2012 – League Cup – (L) 5-4
Oct 28, 2012 – Prem – (W) 3-2
Feb 5, 2012 – Prem – (L) 3-3
Apr 6, 2011 – CL – (W) 1-0

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:21 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Again, the situations aren’t comparable, and the football was nowhere near as bad, at least the intentions weren’t even if performances were changeable. ‘89-90 was grim at times, but Fergie was buying and playing the best young players he could, allowing them to bed in, make mistakes and become a team. Mourinho is trying to grind out results in the dullest fashion possible, doing his level best to phase out the young players and signing old men. As he has always done. And again, what Ferguson has produced at Aberdeen was worth waiting for and putting up with a bit of pain. I don’t think what a Mourinho produces is, if he can even produce anything, as he’s never takena team like United when he arrived and took them to the top. Ever.
all the young players Fergie played back then, none of them made it here.. the fledlings were £#%&!ing shite, the first half decent youngster to make it here under fergie was Lee Sharpe.. Back then we celebrated a win against the Scousers like a trophy win, Mourinho in his first season won 2 trophies and you would swear going off the comments on here that we were in a relagation battle.. and back then the football was shite, I was there through it all, perhaps you were not ?

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:23 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Again, can't disagree. And tomorrow would be a good place to start
it would be. let's hope they start well and don't £#%&! about.

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
all the young players Fergie played back then, none of them made it here.. the fledlings were £#%&!ing shite, the first half decent youngster to make it here under fergie was Lee Sharpe.. Back then we celebrated a win against the Scousers like a trophy win, Mourinho in his first season won 2 trophies and you would swear going off the comments on here that we were in a relagation battle.. and back then the football was shite, I was there through it all, perhaps you were not ?
Ince, Pallister, Sharpe and Irwin didn’t make it? Whatever. I was there, and aside from a small pocket of fans, it always felt like it was moving in the right direction. I feel the opposite with Morinho. And again, the situations are not comparable. The status of the club was such that Ferguson faced far, far greater challenges.

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
sick of the sniping from the usual suspects on here regarding the mangaer, they have an agenda and are sitting there waiting for the team to fail, so that they can justify being football mangers on a forum, they actually take pleasure out of the bad results, so that they can come on here and saw that they told us so and then the others that are not happy unless we win every game 5-0, and I would bet that none of them have ever played football to any standard but love giving their expertise on here.....
self-righteous #@&%! alert.

Who are you suggesting hasn’t played football to any standard? What standard have you played at?

Mourinho is doing an awful job atm. Not sure how anyone with a brain can dispute that. I would bet that anyone defending him on here has never had a brain to any standard etc

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:28 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
self-righteous #@&%! alert.

Who are you suggesting hasn’t played football to any standard? What standard have you played at?

Mourinho is doing an awful job atm. Not sure how anyone with a brain can dispute that. I would bet that anyone defending him on here has never had a brain to any standard etc
Professional.........

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Professional.........
Career mode?

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Professional.........

ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Career mode?
Just say, I lived in South West London for a few years...

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Career mode?

Unread 24-02-2018, 08:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Just say, I lived in South West London for a few years...
Condolences