United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Old 26-06-2013, 11:36 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Took my mutt in for yearly jabs a month or two ago and was confronted with the same scene - couple in the waiting room with an old dog. I didn't twig at first and smiled a hello, got ignored and then they had to carry the old feller into the back room. The vet let them leave by the back door.

I will be in bits when it's my turn.
I don't think the vet is allowed to do it to humans, pal. can duane confirm this?

Old 26-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
what's up with these people? get the vet to come out to the house so it's less upsetting for the dog in his last moments.
Personal choice really.

Probably best to have it done at home if your dog is very immobile, or finds the vets particularly distressing. But if possible I'd have it done at the vets, mainly for selfish reasons, as I don't think I could stand going each day into the room where my dog had been put down.

Old 26-06-2013, 11:52 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Personal choice really.

Probably best to have it done at home if your dog is very immobile, or finds the vets particularly distressing. But if possible I'd have it done at the vets, mainly for selfish reasons, as I don't think I could stand going each day into the room where my dog had been put down.
yeah plus they dispose of the body for you.

Old 26-06-2013, 11:53 AM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
I don't think the vet is allowed to do it to humans, pal. can duane confirm this?
Depends on the vet.

My local vet practice, Shipman, Allitt & Partners, will give you the full service. They'll even send your remains home in a pretty little presentation box.

On a totally unrelated note, the veterinary profession has a significantly higher suicide rate than the rest of the UK population.

Must be great saving animals lives. But how shit would it be to have to see dogs take their final moments in front of their distraught owners on a weekly/daily basis?

Personally, I couldn't do it. That, and the fact I didn't get any GCSEs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4310596.stm

Old 26-06-2013, 11:54 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Personal choice really.

I know your type. you probably have them put down after they stop being cute or if they get mud on your new pants. monster.

Old 26-06-2013, 12:14 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
what's up with these people? get the vet to come out to the house so it's less upsetting for the dog in his last moments.
I think they will if you ask them.

Old 26-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Depends on the vet.

My local vet practice, Shipman, Allitt & Partners, will give you the full service. They'll even send your remains home in a pretty little presentation box.

On a totally unrelated note, the veterinary profession has a significantly higher suicide rate than the rest of the UK population.

Must be great saving animals lives. But how shit would it be to have to see dogs take their final moments in front of their distraught owners on a weekly/daily basis?

Personally, I couldn't do it. That, and the fact I didn't get any GCSEs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4310596.stm

Shipman still got that lethal jab I see...

Old 26-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Shipman still got that lethal jab I see...
Fly like Ethel, sting like a be(e)(ryl)

Old 26-06-2013, 03:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
yeah plus they dispose of the body for you.
Unless you want to bury them in your garden, of course......

Old 26-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Ethers

Not sure she enjoyed the water fight as much as I did?!

"I said no photos dickhead!!"