United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-08-2013, 09:33 PM
HERTS_RED

Default Arsenal

Might as well have a dedicated thread

They have more money in the bank than the rest of the premier league combined, yet he wont spend it - Due to injuries/not signing anyone they'll probably get knocked out by Fenerbache (then get back in for the match fixing) - Properly mental situation

Fwiw I like Wenger has proper values and without him Utd would never have hit the heights they did/or have done (97/98 + 98/99 prem seasons will never be bettered, imo)

Unread 17-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Redordead

Thought redknapp made a good point about there being more money than good players available. Players us and arsenal want are at big clubs.

Unread 17-08-2013, 09:47 PM
armchair

every season people write them off before xmas and every season they make the cl.

Unread 17-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
every season people write them off before xmas and every season they make the cl.
Spot on.

Sign a decent forward and keep wilshere fit and they will be there or there abouts

Unread 17-08-2013, 09:51 PM
puressence

Wenger would have been a brilliant utd manager

Unread 17-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Wenger would have been a brilliant utd manager
Absolutely

Unread 17-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Redordead

If he could have brought wilshere and cesc over .......

Unread 17-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Stone Monkey

Unread 17-08-2013, 10:08 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
‏@rioferdy5 I think it's that time again guys..... @piersmorgan how are ya mate?! #tearsforpiers

Unread 17-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Redordead

One of life's great pleasures is when arsenal have lost, getting a brew and popping talk sport on for the bantz. Adrian Durham is a mint arsenal WUM

Unread 17-08-2013, 10:14 PM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
They'll be there or there about nqat but, its negligence what he's done this season

FFS they have £180million in the bank have an extra £120million in income (new sky deal, stadium/shirt and kit deal) + shave £30 million of their wage bill (got rid of 27 players) And he's spent nothing

Though I do agree with what he says when you're wanting to buy at the highest level the value/reward ratio is pretty low nowadays

They'll be bedsheets with Wener out tomorrow

Unread 17-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Redordead

Why not for example go and buy:

Michu
Fellani
Baines
Cabaye

Arsenal could realistically buy them four and add next summer . That team would keep top four. All attainable .

RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
They'll be there or there about nqat but, its negligence what he's done this season

FFS they have £180million in the bank have an extra £120million in income (new sky deal, stadium/shirt and kit deal) + shave £30 million of their wage bill (got rid of 27 players) And he's spent nothing

Though I do agree with what he says when you're wanting to buy at the highest level the value/reward ratio is pretty low nowadays

They'll be bedsheets with Wener out tomorrow
It just seems like stubborness when he wouldn't pay an extra few quid for Higuain and Gustavo. A player is worth what someone is prepared to pay for him. As you say they can afford it now.

woody78

Most arsenal fans are furious with him for not spending any money .
However i respect the fact he refuses the spend ridiculous money on average players .

Unread 17-08-2013, 10:27 PM
The Watcher

They inquired about Benteke, but didn't push it any further. I'm amazed they didn't, he'd have been perfect for them. Bet Wenger felt sick

Unread 17-08-2013, 10:44 PM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
They inquired about Benteke, but didn't push it any further. I'm amazed they didn't, he'd have been perfect for them. Bet Wenger felt sick
I reckon they'll go mental with a Rooney bid, £40 million and pay him the same wages (doubling there highest earner) - It's the only thing that can save Wenger, until they realise he's a fat lazy shit, who gets a helicopter in every now and then for training as Colleen wont leave home

Unread 17-08-2013, 10:48 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
I reckon they'll go mental with a Rooney bid, £40 million and pay him the same wages (doubling there highest earner) - It's the only thing that can save Wenger, until they realise he's a fat lazy shit, who gets a helicopter in every now and then for training as Colleen wont leave home
he's not going to want to go there so they may as well not bother

Unread 17-08-2013, 10:54 PM
TheKitchenSink

tbf to the arsenal fans, for the money they're asked to pay to watch the team they should be expecting a team aiming for the title, not 4th place.

Unread 17-08-2013, 10:55 PM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
he's not going to want to go there so they may as well not bother
He was given permission to speak to them before the Suarez debacle started (not a wum)

It's been an odd summer transfer window mostly held up by Bale, once he goes the dominos will fall, imo

Unread 17-08-2013, 10:56 PM
RedMenace

If there's a hint of Fabregas heading to United they'll be all over it. Would he really turn them down to move to United, much as the extra money would tempt him? Still, it's not likely to be an issue anyway he'll stay at Barca.
Closed Thread