United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
No, he does not deserve a chance. £#%&! him and his 200kp/w weight on the club. He is unusable, not fit enough, does not care enough, for all that Fellaini is a horror of player to watch you could never accuse him of cheating the club in terms of effort and application.

If Basti wanted to play he would be pushing for a move.
Wow. you really hate Schweinstieger

I agree though. He might get the odd sub appearance, but i wouldnt trust him from the start. Fellaini did well in his last two sub games and has recovered quite well from the nightmare at Everton. He made a difference today. He's a horrfic bastard, we know this, but he's our only alternative to carrick and herrrera and that's a big issue for us.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:20 PM
jem

we were never winning the league, but top 4 was (is) realistic, particularly if we won today. we haven't had much of a midfield all season, but without carrick we have no discipline (and pushing mkhitaryan to lb is criminal). but the real issue was missed chances. and mourinho's subs are never good.

looking bad against a team that really does £#%&! all except "press" and having to resort to booting the ball at fellaini and ibra is shameful.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yep.

Our flaws were exposed today.

- We don't have enough CM options
- we get overrun in midfied when we're pressed.
- We miss too many chances.
- Zlat and Mata are our only reliable finishers
And yet we sold Schneiderin. I know he has few fans here, but wait until the end of the season at least.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics

he had a poor game, probably the worst of the bunch but nothing to wet your pants over

we got a draw and in the future we will get other players to supplement his dips, no biggie tbh - thats what you get with top top players, when they're on they're on and when they're not you get this

edit; forgot i'm talking to Sparky, moan away lad
Yeah because I'm the ONLY one saying this

That's absolute %@#$&!s as well. The most expensive footballer in history can have an off day but at least don't be detrimental to your team. Today, Pogba has killed us. Missed a great chance, gave away a shocking penalty and continually gave the ball away in situations which left United completely exposed.

He's showed today that he needs someone along side him to mop up after him. At Juve he had Pirlo and Vidal. he has nobody here to indulge his £#%&!ing selfishness.

AK14

Quote:
That's down to jose.

It's baffling as we've set up so well against Spurs, at Anfield and he's made cute little changes against Boro and West Ham that have turned it for us.

But he got it horribly wrong today and against City earlier in the season. Two big games to get it wrong.

I hope we can just kick on. Take the point, take the positives and move on. Hopefully we can pick it straight back up. Another good run and that could prove an important point.
Think a lot of how bad we were in the first half was down too a) Carrick having a poor game b) Liverpool pressing us c) Us shitting our collective pants

Second half was, as many have said down to playing with no midfield

We need another option in midfield, someone who can make a tackle and win the ball back. Herrera, Carrick and Pogba in hindsight against the Liverpool press wasn't the best idea, but the next option is Fellaini...

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:23 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
You see why some of us were reluctant to join in with you saying we will beat Liverpool, like we only have to turn up for victory? We have been playing well, but we have some serious limitations, everywhere but in goal.
But surely you see why I was optimistic about beating if we created three great chances and did not lose despite playing badly? They are nothing special. That they are 5 pts ahead of us is explained by our earlier awful run of 2 wins in 11 league games.

But now the 2nd half of the season is underway we can be confident we'll be above them if we keep growing. They likely won't have as good a 2nd half to the season as 1st half. And we won't be as bad as we were.

Today could be another part of our character building, as disappointing as it was. We have a long unbeaten run, probably the longest of anyone in the league now that Chelsea lost the other day at Spurs.

Knockers

Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Hope you aren't called edgy for rating Darmian.

Lads been class for most of his time under mou tbh.
He played well today and has done much better in recent weeks. Fair play to lad. I have no issue with him. Said he's been shit because he's shit. He's improved, so good!

Agree re the Stoke game too. The point isn't too damaging.........unless its the start of some dodgy displays again. That was our worst performance since Chelsea away imo.

That kept us in the mix. A defeat would could have rocked confidence, but it felt like a timely reminder that we're more resilient, but still under construction.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yep.

Our flaws were exposed today.

- We don't have enough CM options
- we get overrun in midfied when we're pressed.
- We miss too many chances.
- Zlat and Mata are our only reliable finishers
This is the biggest issue we have. For all the money we've thrown at that team, we've only scored 2 more goals than West Brom.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
rather unambitious from them, i thought. score one, sit back. basically asking to throw it away.
Yep. Shows what football has become that people wet their pants over stopping the opposition from playing (which is what pressing is after all) but aren't that bothered about actually creating.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:25 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Can't wait for next season.
Same.

Who mourinho brings in will be fascinating to see

Bakayoko Griezmann, Lindelof fits his profile. If we get those they would make Bailly, Pogba, Ibra levels of impact.

Also expect all our new signings from last summer to be even better next season.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:27 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
You see why some of us were reluctant to join in with you saying we will beat Liverpool, like we only have to turn up for victory? We have been playing well, but we have some serious limitations, everywhere but in goal.

£#%&! off.... you silly @#%&!.............

saffers

Quote:
He played well today and has done much better in recent weeks. Fair play to lad. I have no issue with him. Said he's been shit because he's shit. He's improved, so good!

Agree re the Stoke game too. The point isn't too damaging.........unless its the start of some dodgy displays again. That was our worst performance since Chelsea away imo.

That kept us in the mix. A defeat would could have rocked confidence, but it felt like a timely reminder that we're more resilient, but still under construction.
Thought west ham away was also a bit dodgy but the early red card conditioned the game and hyped west ham up a bit i thought + it was our 4th game in 9 days or something silly.

Beat stoke and everything is back on track, then we'll have Hull and Swansea at home iirc. Those three weeks sees some of our rivals facing off.

Title is gone for us so i think we should be cheering on Chelsea every game they play. Not literally of course but yeah ill be pleased if they win.

Clarkie

Martial is a worry

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:28 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
[/b]

£#%&! off.... you silly c***.............
What's wrong with that?

We do. And so do the rest of the teams up there. It's to be expected from a side whose manager has been in the job half a season.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:29 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
They didn't create because they didn't have a goalscorer?

Their pressing was good yes, but they created nothing of note.
Firmino and Wijnaldum both had presentable chances.

no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
1-1

Pure banned
Jinxing @#%&!

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
[/b]

£#%&! off.... you silly @#%&!.............
He's right tbf

Our defence is a shambles, our midfield is powder puff and lacking in numbers and we have one forward who can actually score goals.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Wow. you really hate Schweinstieger

I agree though. He might get the odd sub appearance, but i wouldnt trust him from the start. Fellaini did well in his last two sub games and has recovered quite well from the nightmare at Everton. He made a difference today. He's a horrfic bastard, we know this, but he's our only alternative to carrick and herrrera and that's a big issue for us.
Another midfielder is needed, an alternative to Carrick. Mou has tended to have more of a defensive runner in that role, so it might be that type of player.

Pogba needs to improve his reading of the game and understand how to play the game situation. I think the worst thing we could do for his development is to indulge him and surround him with players to do the actual midfield work for him. Force him to improve his all round game by giving him responsibility.

Unread 15-01-2017, 07:31 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Martial is a worry
He was basically trebled teamed every time he toched the ball tbf to him. We should have played more down the right in the first half IMO, Tony V has been in immense form this season but was barley used in the first half.