Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-08-2022, 03:53 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
work rate
This. Was clear.

Dropping Maguire certainly helped though.

Unread 23-08-2022, 07:00 AM
Patty_b

Atmosphere, manager, work rate, intensity. All played a part.

Last night felt special before a ball was even kicked. Protests, 10 combined Champions Leagues paying respect to Don Captin Marvel, 70,000+ reds breathing fire into Old Trafford. Would've been easy for the players to run themselves into the ground for 10 minutes and fall apart the first time they lose a 50-50 like we've seen too many times before. But they didn't, they kept the intensity up for 95 minutes. You can't ask for more than that. Makes you proud to be a red.

Need to take that into Saturday though. All well and good turning over the scouse @#%&!s on a turbo-charged night at home, but if we go to Southampton away and revert to type then it's all for nothing.

Keep that same intensity, bring in the tank and anybody else that ETH needs and skys the limit.

Unread 23-08-2022, 07:04 AM
Stickman

It reminded me of when Mourinho dropped Zlatan and Lingard and Rashford ran champions Chelsea ragged (2-0)

Hope I never see Shaw or Maguire in our side again, they strike me as #@&%!s too.

Unread 23-08-2022, 07:50 AM
Zorg

Don't want to claim too much credit but I had one of those streams where someone presses a button to £#%&! it up every time United look like doing something. Happened on both goals, and I believe that's what gave them the confidence to finish calmly.

Unread 23-08-2022, 08:40 AM
Hyman_Roth

The manager being the boss again. Dropping huge egos and demanding hard work and discipline..

Balance of power restored in favour of our manager again.

Something destroyed by the players and Woodward leading up to and climaxing with mous departure.

Can’t be underestimated the damage that did.

Unread 23-08-2022, 08:48 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyman_roth
the manager being the boss again. Dropping huge egos and demanding hard work and discipline..

Balance of power restored in favour of our manager again.

Something destroyed by the players and woodward leading up to and climaxing with mous departure.

Can’t be underestimated the damage that did.

this

Unread 23-08-2022, 04:41 PM
BarryX

Was going to write a lack of egoism on the pitch, but Rothsy beat me to it. Alongside that I'd say:
Balls. Attitude. (and) Direction.
Closed Thread