United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-08-2022, 07:28 AM
believe

Jack Charlton did a decent job with the Irish side.

Karl Marginson?

Unread 22-08-2022, 07:37 AM
Ethers

How many great Spanish managers are there?

Unread 22-08-2022, 07:50 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Dunno. Maybe start a thread?

Unread 22-08-2022, 07:54 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

From modern times, using a similar criteria to the OP (ie a league and maybe a CL)

Guardiola
Del Bosque
Benítez
Aragonés
Enrique

(Arguably Irureta - Deportivo)

Unread 22-08-2022, 02:15 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 22-08-2022, 02:20 PM
Neo

Football

Quote:
While at Enfield, Warburton became a trader in London and also worked in the United States. Looking back in 2014 on his time in the City, he said:

"I was a currency dealer for the likes of Bank of America, AIG and RBS. I was getting up at 4:32 for 20-odd years, leave the house at 4:52, get the 5:02 train into Liverpool Street, at my desk at 5:45, getting home at 7pm and take phone calls through the night, orders from New York City. I was well paid, good at what I did. There was a lot of risk, a lot of pressure. My personal turnover would be £1.5 billion to £2 billion a day".

Warburton cites parallels between trading and football management, including teamwork, communication, competition and man management.

Unread 22-08-2022, 02:33 PM
Seamus

what Clough did was phenomenal. He stayed on too long and brought them down but his 2 league wins with Derby & Forest plus the 2 Europeans cups will never be done again.

Unread 22-08-2022, 03:19 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
what Clough did was phenomenal. He stayed on too long and brought them down but his 2 league wins with Derby & Forest plus the 2 Europeans cups will never be done again.
Warburton's just getting started pal...

Unread 22-08-2022, 03:53 PM
luminova

If you ever have the misfortune to be in the company of any Leeds fans, just drop this into the conversation,

"If Leeds hadn't sacked Brian Clough, they would have gone on to do what Forest did"

Winds them up no end

As an old fart, I would have loved Clough to come to United after Sir Matt retired.

Unread 22-08-2022, 05:41 PM
RARAMSES

Clough simples

Unread 22-08-2022, 05:57 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminova
If you ever have the misfortune to be in the company of any Leeds fans, just drop this into the conversation,

"If Leeds hadn't sacked Brian Clough, they would have gone on to do what Forest did"

Winds them up no end

As an old fart, I would have loved Clough to come to United after Sir Matt retired.
Been there, done that

Clough is the obvious stand out, but there have been a lot of very good, not great, managers. Anyone who won a euro trophy is up there for me.
Closed Thread