United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-01-2015, 03:22 PM
92ToBury

We can't just expect the 3-5-2 to work now that everyone is back. It'll take a few weeks in training sessions trying it out with different players to get an idea of who he thinks will fit it best. Every faith in LVG to get it right; a good transfer window and solid preseason and we're challenging for the title next season.

Unread 26-01-2015, 03:24 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Like the penalty decisions in the early games that clearly cost us points?
leicester pen was outrageous. sending mata on was madness. I know which cost us the game.

Unread 26-01-2015, 03:27 PM
whimsicalidiotmufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
We can't just expect the 3-5-2 to work now that everyone is back. It'll take a few weeks in training sessions trying it out with different players to get an idea of who he thinks will fit it best. Every faith in LVG to get it right; a good transfer window and solid preseason and we're challenging for the title next season.
Yeah, im treatinf this season (as much as i can!!) as a transitional season, without trying to sound like the daily £#%&!ing mail.

He needs time, and im sure that given the time, and the right additions in the summer, we'll be back challenging for major honours.

Just get past £#%&!ing cambridge ffs, i wanna win the sodding cup, its been too friggin long!!

Unread 26-01-2015, 03:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Loving Ethers' stat-dropping.

Obviously the most important stat difference regarding last season is the one that has us generally occupying 3rd-4th and not 7th-8th.

Besides, it's a different group of players now. People write off the players who left because they were past it, but the playing staff lost four hugely experienced team captains. Their replacements are mainly foreign and under 26. All part of the rebuilding process, but LvG could do with a couple more leaders out on the field in addition to various other things.

The promising thing is that we're on course for a decent league position, while being the side in the league with the greatest scope for improvement. If we were sat here with most things in place and struggling then okay, but there are so many things for LvG to address and add to this process that I can't understand genuine pessimism given that we're on course to reach our primary target. Process etc.

Unread 26-01-2015, 03:36 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Obviously the most important stat difference regarding last season is the one that has us generally occupying 3rd-4th and not 7th-8th.

Besides, it's a different group of players now. People write off the players who left because they were past it, but the playing staff lost four hugely experienced team captains. Their replacements are mainly foreign and under 26. All part of the rebuilding process, but LvG could do with a couple more leaders out on the field in addition to various other things.

The promising thing is that we're on course for a decent league position, while being the side in the league with the greatest scope for improvement. If we were sat here with most things in place and struggling then okay, but there are so many things for LvG to address and add to this process that I can't understand genuine pessimism given that we're on course to reach our primary target. Process etc.
our primary target is always to win the league. always.

Unread 26-01-2015, 03:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Primary as in most important. United can afford to fail to win the title this year; we cannot afford to finish 5th or worse again

Unread 26-01-2015, 03:48 PM
jem

Quote:

there are quite a few posters on here with great scope for improvement.

Unread 26-01-2015, 04:26 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsicalidiotmufc
Yeah, im treatinf this season (as much as i can!!) as a transitional season, without trying to sound like the daily £#%&!ing mail.

He needs time, and im sure that given the time, and the right additions in the summer, we'll be back challenging for major honours.

Just get past £#%&!ing cambridge ffs, i wanna win the sodding cup, its been too friggin long!!
He has to de-moyes the players and get them playing how he wants. Not an easy ask with so many injuries to cope with.

Unread 26-01-2015, 04:38 PM
whimsicalidiotmufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
He has to de-moyes the players and get them playing how he wants. Not an easy ask with so many injuries to cope with.
Not an easy ask full stop! Moyes injected us with a lethal dose of "£#%&!tard", its yet to be decided whether this was actually fatal or not...

Unread 26-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Ethers

Quote:
This is a great point. We have huge upside at the moment.

Unread 26-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Except this season. If we're not back challenging next season it becomes an issue.

Unread 26-01-2015, 05:02 PM
jem

no one expects us to challenge for the title this season. 4th would be adequate, 3rd rather nice, 2nd enough of a miracle.

but it would be nice to see a team that is organised, balanced and exciting, irrespective of our position. there is not much excuse for failure on that score. you can't simply judge a manager by results. soz.

Unread 26-01-2015, 05:06 PM
MJ Ramone

Not quite sure why it should take Van Gaal 2 years to give the players the courage to play a forward pass tbh

Life's too £#%&!ing short to be "patient" about Football. I don't expect to win every game & certainly not every trophy but it's hardly knee jerk to expect more than the eye torture he's served up so far.

I'd take him far more seriously if he ditched the 8ft bog brush tbh

Unread 26-01-2015, 05:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
So believe's stats were false?
He got them off Facebook by his own admission, so probably

Unread 26-01-2015, 05:33 PM
Zorg

In summary, shit football + 4th place > shit football + 7th place.

Unread 26-01-2015, 06:10 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no one expects us to challenge for the title this season. 4th would be adequate, 3rd rather nice, 2nd enough of a miracle.

but it would be nice to see a team that is organised, balanced and exciting, irrespective of our position. there is not much excuse for failure on that score. you can't simply judge a manager by results. soz.
You'd rather look good and lose than look bad and win .

If he gets us top 4 with shit football i will take that for this season .

I will judge him more next season on the quality of football when he has his own players

Unread 26-01-2015, 06:28 PM
whimsicalidiotmufc

Quote:

If he gets us top 4 with shit football i will take that for this season .

I will judge him more next season on the quality of football when he has his own players
Pretty much what ive been saying this season.

Unread 26-01-2015, 07:40 PM
jem

Quote:
that's not what I said.

I'd rather win.

I expect us to look good whatever the result.

Unread 26-01-2015, 07:46 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that's not what I said.

I'd rather win.

I expect us to look good whatever the result.
I'm just messing with ya .
It was a chance for me to get a " white men can't jump " quote in

Unread 26-01-2015, 07:50 PM
£#%&! KFC

this thread

Closed Thread