United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-01-2016, 10:43 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's gonna be a long few years, lads.
Posting the gossip column from the sun. FFS what has happened to you?

Unread 07-01-2016, 11:01 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's gonna be a long few years, lads.
Pull yourself together ffs....

Unread 07-01-2016, 03:04 PM
puressence

The drama queens on here ffs pep or no pep city will challenge whilst having a bottomless pit of money it's obvious it's not Utds fault it's what it is. But what they do means £#%&! all after 2012 I couldn't give a £#%&! what they win it doesn't matter one bit. The league in 2014 nobody cared. And fact bar 4 players they need a new team

Unread 07-01-2016, 03:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Pep is the best coach in the world. I don't think it's overly dramatic to be concerned at the prospect of our direct rivals hiring him and us being left with Giggs in charge with no experience at all.

Without doubt the biggest concern for me is the sense that our club has no sense of direction. We have an assistant manager learning from a guy he probably shares little in common with and who will, if given the job, probably completely change the way the club is being run. Once again.

Unread 07-01-2016, 03:14 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
The drama queens on here ffs pep or no pep city will challenge whilst having a bottomless pit of money it's obvious it's not Utds fault it's what it is. But what they do means £#%&! all after 2012 I couldn't give a £#%&! what they win it doesn't matter one bit. The league in 2014 nobody cared. And fact bar 4 players they need a new team
Broadly agree with you there, but its very easy to say at this point thoe isn't it. If watching them win the European Cup wouldn't matter to you, you either don't live locally or are lying. Watching them actually become 'massive' would be very shitty indeed.

Unread 08-01-2016, 07:16 PM
djsst

Quote:
“Guardiola can say what he wants,” Matthaus told Bild . “The squad planning for Manchester City is too important for him to have his head 100 percent with Bayern Munich. That’s a dangerous double-crossing situation to be in.

“Guardiola will have five difficult months in Munich.

“I don’t want to beat around the bush: There never was true love between Guardiola and the Bayern players. His hugs? It was all a big show.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...hester-7142031

Unread 08-01-2016, 07:41 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If he ends up with a CV of sacking Moyes, and then hiring LvG and Pep he's doing pretty £#%&!ing well imo.
Give it a rest, Ed.

Unread 08-01-2016, 07:51 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst

Unread 08-01-2016, 08:09 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Broadly agree with you there, but its very easy to say at this point thoe isn't it. If watching them win the European Cup wouldn't matter to you, you either don't live locally or are lying. Watching them actually become 'massive' would be very shitty indeed.
I live roughly 5 miles from the emptyhad my best mate has been a city season ticket holder since 1978 loads of them are my mates they are city trophies or not. Tramps

Unread 08-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Tiberian

City have underachieved for all the money. 2 scabby titles based on their main opponents choking and no impact on the CL. Still waiting to be legitimized as a major force in Europe.

Guardiola could give them that, his reluctance could overcome the reluctance of the world elite to be based in Manchester. Can not be sanguine over this probability.

Unread 08-01-2016, 08:42 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
City have underachieved for all the money. 2 scabby titles based on their main opponents choking and no impact on the CL. Still waiting to be legitimized as a major force in Europe.

Guardiola could give them that, his reluctance could overcome the reluctance of the world elite to be based in Manchester. Can not be sanguine over this probability.
Yep, pep would be a big stepping stone for city in status terms. Also in dominance terms. The biggest factor we would have going for us to detract top players coming in those circumstances is Manchester and the weather.

Unread 09-01-2016, 12:46 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Yep, pep would be a big stepping stone for city in status terms. Also in dominance terms. The biggest factor we would have going for us to detract top players coming in those circumstances is Manchester and the weather.
Guardiola will, unfortunately, provide huge credibility to their whole "project". With him as manager, I think they're the most attractive prospect in English football, bar none. Money, an already successful team, and the opportunity to work with the most highly-regarded coach in world football. He'll also raise their profile a lot off the pitch, overnight; even a great club like Bayern were surprised by the extra attention he brought when he joined.

Unread 09-01-2016, 12:51 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Guardiola will, unfortunately, provide huge credibility to their whole "project". With him as manager, I think they're the most attractive prospect in English football, bar none. Money, an already successful team, and the opportunity to work with the most highly-regarded coach in world football. He'll also raise their profile a lot off the pitch, overnight; even a great club like Bayern were surprised by the extra attention he brought when joined.
Be good for him too, he might finally (definitively) prove himself.

If he did it at United people would just imagine we were poorly managed after Fergie left.

Unread 09-01-2016, 01:00 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Guardiola will, unfortunately, provide huge credibility to their whole "project". With him as manager, I think they're the most attractive prospect in English football, bar none. Money, an already successful team, and the opportunity to work with the most highly-regarded coach in world football. He'll also raise their profile a lot off the pitch, overnight; even a great club like Bayern were surprised by the extra attention he brought when joined.
I agree entirely and have been saying this for quite a bit to howls of derision from the 'yeah but we're united brigade'.

Complacency is out worst enemy. One of the best united moments for me was united signing Vernon. We were already hugely dominant and there we were, signing a player of outstanding quality that arguably we didn't need. The best using their status as the best to maintain their status as the best.

Not sure what's happened since but we've certainly lost our way. Others will capitalise.

Unread 09-01-2016, 01:15 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
I agree entirely and have been saying this for quite a bit to howls of derision from the 'yeah but we're united brigade'.

Complacency is out worst enemy. One of the best united moments for me was united signing Vernon. We were already hugely dominant and there we were, signing a player of outstanding quality that arguably we didn't need. The best using their status as the best to maintain their status as the best.

Not sure what's happened since but we've certainly lost our way. Others will capitalise.
Fantastic signing tbf

Unread 09-01-2016, 01:16 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Fantastic signing tbf

It's that Bolton accent. There something about it.

Unread 09-01-2016, 08:53 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:

A better example is summer 2007.

Fergie regains league, goes out & signs Tevez, Hargeaves, Nani, Anderson. Mix of potential stars & established quality.

We win the league & European cup.

Sadly we then went in the opposite direction.

Unread 09-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Guardiola will, unfortunately, provide huge credibility to their whole "project". With him as manager, I think they're the most attractive prospect in English football, bar none. Money, an already successful team, and the opportunity to work with the most highly-regarded coach in world football. He'll also raise their profile a lot off the pitch, overnight; even a great club like Bayern were surprised by the extra attention he brought when he joined.
His stock was at its zenith when he went to Bayern, if he doesn't win the European cup this season then l think he will be slightly diminished.

Saying that it would still be a huge turning point for City, Pep would give them the validity that they are striving for at the top table of European football, even if they are still a joke club fan base wise beyond the confines of the M60.

Unread 09-01-2016, 12:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Unhappy

G-Huntz bringing the pain @ 11:00 mins

http://talksport.com/football/man-un...erience-claims

Unread 09-01-2016, 12:40 PM
Vedder

I'm not arsed on the @#%&!.

But "doesn't have prem experience" are the @#%&!s running United that thick? If so we are utterly £#%&!ed.
Closed Thread