United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-12-2015, 03:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
im convinced your wumming now

we dont want LVG to do any more work with the squad....his 'work' is what got us in this position.....ffs
Funny because the two best club sides in the world currently attribute much of their structure to him.

Maybe he's not the problem. Maybe the players who brief the press that "the banter" has changed are.

Unread 28-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not me.

A proper striker would probably get us into top 3 territory. We need more 'magic' as Fergie used to call it, from the wide areas to get us scoring enough to compete.
Like park, velencia and young?

More energy in midfield like two from cleverley, Anderson, carrick, a 39 year old Giggs or 37 year old Scholes?

Unread 28-12-2015, 03:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Like park, velencia and young?

More energy in midfield like two from cleverley, Anderson, carrick, a 39 year old Giggs or 37 year old Scholes?
No. That's the point. As Fergie loaded us up with average players and didn't adequately replace the older players we got worse and worse, which is why we are where we are.

Unread 28-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
football has changed alot since then....clubs can afford to give managers that much patience....

why was moyes not given more than one season?
Because he lost the dressing room. Still lasted longer than clough at Leeds.

So if this was happening back in the 80s you wouldn't be slagging van gaal and wanting him sacked because things were different back then?

Managers have never been given time and patience from chairmen. As already mentioned, Clough got a few weeks at leeds. O'farrell, wilf etc at united. Busby nearly got sacked in the late 40s, early 50s, and again a few years after Munich. It's really not changed that much. It's always been about economics. And impatient, spoilt fans existed then just as much as they do now.

Quote:
No. That's the point. As Fergie loaded us up with average players and didn't adequately replace the older players we got worse and worse, which is why we are where we are.
Except most fans, players, ex players and media won't acknowledgment it, and adhere to this myth fergie's United were swashbuckling brilliant entertainers, and things only changed with moyes and van gaal. Which is half the problem, as the successors got handed a load of shit and were held to some impossible mythical standard that Fergie himself, and his team, didn't actually match up to in his last few years.

Unread 28-12-2015, 03:38 PM
20 times

Quote:
I really don't think it is tbh.
We finished 4th last season and brought two midfielders a defender and a striker

If we're not w top 3 squad that's van Moyes's fault.

I know we got rid of players in the summer but apart from Hernandez they were shit @#%&!s or past it

Edit. We also brought a winger

Unread 28-12-2015, 04:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
We finished 4th last season and brought two midfielders a defender and a striker

If we're not w top 3 squad that's van Moyes's fault.

I know we got rid of players in the summer but apart from Hernandez they were shit @#%&!s or past it

Edit. We also brought a winger
The 3 main players he hung his hat on have been shite though. Mata, Rooney and Schweinsteiger (and Carrick too tbf).

Unread 28-12-2015, 04:33 PM
20 times

Quote:
The 3 main players he hung his hat on have been shite though. Mata, Rooney and Schweinsteiger (and Carrick too tbf).
Who's fault is that?

I blame Paul Scholes myself

Unread 28-12-2015, 04:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
why was moyes not given more than one season?
Because he was completely and utterly unsuited to United in every concievable respect - and this was obvious to all save a few delusional £#%&!wits by January 2014?

Unread 28-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
They think the league is winnable - only £#%&!ing Lychester want to win it and they'll finish 8th. Mourinho in to give players a boost, win it and £#%&! the next two or three years.

It sells shirts, it keeps sponsors (er...commercial partners) happy and it keeps shareholders "reassured" - United's global circus and unprompted brand awareness marches on and from Dorking to Delhi the United family thrives. To dividends and beyond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Didn't Rodgers get dumped by the Dippers finally after a decent result?

Decision to replace LVG appears to be already taken. While it's complicated and there are factions - it's just the weakness of the CEO (who appointed him) in getting on with it as well as sorting the replacement ahead of Stoke/Chelsea. You know, Chelsea.

Hope I'm wrong. No one would be happier than me as a full on Platinum card Cardie Club member to see LVG stay.
Amazed this thread has reached 1000 plus.

Unread 28-12-2015, 04:59 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
you're just scapegoating your usual scapegoats though, quite clearly.

A manager of Van Gaal's experience doesn't hang his hat on just 3 players ffs

Unread 28-12-2015, 05:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Nope. He gets the bloody food right for a start

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/exc...200919742.html

Unread 28-12-2015, 05:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

He clearly did. No other senior striker, no other option on the right..

Unread 28-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Nope. He gets the bloody food right for a start

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/exc...200919742.html
On the one hand, he got me fitter than I've been before; on the other hand, the soup...

Unread 28-12-2015, 06:15 PM
20 times

Quote:
He clearly did. No other senior striker, no other option on the right..
His fault for not having good options in those positions. He's bought over 10 players

Unread 28-12-2015, 07:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
His fault for not having good options in those positions. He's bought over 10 players
Right, and got rid of 29. It's difficult to buy so many players in such a short space of time.

Unread 28-12-2015, 08:05 PM
20 times

Quote:
Right, and got rid of 29. It's difficult to buy so many players in such a short space of time.
How many of those 29 were any good though? So losing them has made £#%&!all difference

Unread 28-12-2015, 08:06 PM
dunk

Of course it made a difference, if only numerically in terms of number of options.

Unread 28-12-2015, 08:16 PM
20 times

Quote:
Of course it made a difference, if only numerically in terms of number of options.
Who told him to reduce the numbers to that extent?

Obviously not his fault tbf. Nothing is.

Unread 28-12-2015, 08:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Who told him to reduce the numbers to that extent?

Obviously not his fault tbf. Nothing is.
You are £#%&!ing dense I said he £#%&!ed up hanging his hat on Rooney etc.

Unread 28-12-2015, 08:18 PM
20 times

Quote:
You are £#%&!ing dense I said he £#%&!ed up hanging his hat on Rooney etc.
Ok mate. Nothing else is his fault though
Closed Thread