United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Using this cunning but mildly #@&%!ed logic we are never going to be able to draw a legitimate parallel EVER.
I notice you like to throw a little snide in to bolster your points, but it's mostly unnecessary. If you don't understand them I'd be glad to clarify. Each situation should be judged on it's own merits. Was that a little easier?

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:22 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I really don't want him binned, as much as my posts say otherwise, I just don't see even a glimmer of hope at this point. We theorize a lot on here, and sometimes it helps to put a positive slant on it; then the games come and we are utter shit week after week. It's just so demoralizing.
So true

Really hope he gets a chance to turn it around though, would be criminal if he went out of the game on the back of this, his achievements deserve more

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:30 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
His record with developing young players is absolutely appalling. Van Gaal has given debuts to 2.75 players per season over his career; Ferguson was at 2.3; Mourinho is at 2.1. The big difference, however, is that whereas 30% of those players went on to play regularly under Van Gaal, as did a quarter with Ferguson, for Mourinho the equivalent figure is 4%. One player: Davide Santon at Inter. That's it. In a fifteen year career.

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:30 PM
ScarFace

"There is nothing. We don't know what will happen in the future, but now there is no agreement. There isn't an official proposal either, that's not true."

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:35 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:37 PM
Sparky***

Sounds like they may be backing him?

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Does it £#%&!

Mendes is hardly going to be saying anything when, as it stands, LvG talks to the press tomorrow morning.

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:38 PM
armchair

None of this matters if we lose badly v stoke.

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:41 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Wouldn't that require someone from the club to actually come out and go on the record in support of the manager

Tbh the club should either sack him or come out and give him their full support
This silence from the club does no one any favours

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:42 PM
My Name is Keith

Get your fresh tulips lads. Could there still be a chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I feel more strongly than ever that we should give lvg at least until the summer.

I think he'll thrive on this pressure. Hopefully he'll make the difficult decisions he's avoided now that he knows he doesn't have that much to lose.
Agreed.

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:43 PM
Switching Off

If he's in the chair for Stoke well probably beat them now.

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:47 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
yep. as charles said, i think they would have come out now and dismissed it if there was nothing in it.

hopefully some of the directors are arguing lvg's corner, which would explain the silence from the club.

it needs sorting one way or the other asap though. i'm struggling to enjoy my cheeseboard here with all this uncertainty

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:48 PM
armchair

https://vine.co/v/eAev0EFVvxm

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:49 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

What a guy.

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:49 PM
Wez

Quote:
Shitfaced

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:50 PM
utd99

Quote:
Is he ever sober?

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:50 PM
Knockers

Dunno what to think now. To my mind what Utd99 says is patently obvious but then my forum heroes charles and ethers are giving him grief.

Can see what they're saying about it being a poor show but using their logic sacking Moyes was awful too... Oy vey.

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:52 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Wouldn't that require someone from the club to actually come out and go on the record in support of the manager

I'm not sure coming out and giving the manager a vote of confidence ever does anyone any favours either though?

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:53 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I'm not sure coming out and giving the manager a vote of confidence ever does anyone any favours either though?
Week later, normally the sack.

Unread 22-12-2015, 11:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
Anti-LvG conspiracy in the squad and the media, injuries destroying the squad, no backing from the board, awful squad, English football not being ready for LvG, rubbish youth system, nasty shareholders, no one wants to come cos it rains a lot in Manchester.
To go through those in order:

1) yes, definitely true with the media - just contrast how they have savaged LvG almost from the off with the absurdly soft treatment they gave their pal Gollum;

2) this has been pretty bad, no? And it goes back a few years at United so can't just be blamed on the incumbent;

3) he has been mostly backed by the board, yes;

4) he inherited a squad that was bloated, heavy with mediocrity and unbalanced - I don't think this is seriously disputed;

5) the "get stuck in" dinosaurs who dominate the media certainly aren't, no;

6) it is pretty much, and has been for a while now;

7) shareholders are shareholders, shame they didn't put the kibosh on the Chosen One tbh;

8) there is truth in this, yeah - but Messi is still a cert for Wastelands, we are assured

So that's only one of the eight (the third) that isn't really true. Others are partly true, about half are absolutely spot on.

Comments?
Closed Thread