United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-06-2016, 09:40 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
how about you don't make yourself look stupid by saying tony v was so negative that he had to become a right back?

he has played at right back when we didn't have any other option and he has been very positive there, allowing for the obvious positional deficiencies with him not actually being a right back.

he's also not a ronaldo-type player. he's more like paul ince. sure, he could be a bit more of a risk taker (but then carrick should shoot more too), but he has been tasked by king louis... along with everyone else.... with not losing possession.

if you view him as a dynamic, more defensive midfielder, suddenly you will stop worrying about his inability to dance through a team like giggs then cross like beckham. and you'll appreciate that he's a tough little bugger with a bit of pace when the space opens up in front of him.

anyone who hates tony v is an idiot.
It's amazing that you're the only one who's had this epiphany of Valencia in midfield, and it's been somehow missed by all the professional players, coaches and managers that get paid to work within the game at the highest level at both club and international level!

Get your CV into Woodward, pal!

Unread 10-06-2016, 09:43 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
It's amazing that you're the only one who's had this epiphany of Valencia in midfield, and it's been somehow missed by all the professional players, coaches and managers that get paid to work within the game at the highest level at both club and international level!

why would I do that? woodward is an idiot as well.

Unread 10-06-2016, 10:45 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

I remember the game, it was Everton at home in Van Gaal's first season. He played on the right of a diamond. I think I said in the match thread at the time that his energy and drive on the ball was pretty impressive in that role. Of course, the diamond went not long afterwards and that was pretty much that.

Unread 10-06-2016, 10:50 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
You could rewrite anything to prove your point. If he was such and outstanding creative mastermind why does he now play right back for us ?

I don't mind if you just said I like him
football is a team game.

you said he was bought to replace ronaldo.

the fact is there was no-one in world football who could have replaced ronaldo at that time.

ferguson needed to find a formula to replace the goals that went out of the side when ronaldo left.

valencia and owen on paper seem unlikely candidates.

in reality though the team scored far more league goals and those 2 plus rooney contributed not far short of tevez and ronaldo plus rooney the season before.

football is a team game.

Unread 10-06-2016, 11:39 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
I remember the game, it was Everton at home in Van Gaal's first season. He played on the right of a diamond. I think I said in the match thread at the time that his energy and drive on the ball was pretty impressive in that role. Of course, the diamond went not long afterwards and that was pretty much that.
I said for a long time that he was more suited to that sort of position. then he plays there and plays well. and then he gets moved to right back. and I'm the loon here? whevs.

Unread 10-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I said for a long time that he was more suited to that sort of position. then he plays there and plays well. and then he gets moved to right back. and I'm the loon here? whevs.

The android is getting self aware..

Unread 10-06-2016, 11:47 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
The android is getting self aware..
soon I'll be standing on a corner watching the world go by. don't get in my way.

Unread 10-06-2016, 12:52 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
football is a team game.

you said he was bought to replace ronaldo.

the fact is there was no-one in world football who could have replaced ronaldo at that time.

ferguson needed to find a formula to replace the goals that went out of the side when ronaldo left.

valencia and owen on paper seem unlikely candidates.

in reality though the team scored far more league goals and those 2 plus rooney contributed not far short of tevez and ronaldo plus rooney the season before.

football is a team game.
one season. one £#%&!ing season and now he changed how united play for 5+ years?

after that what has he added to this side ? and just saying he is great at keeping the ball is not really enough for me. You have to offer more than that.

just checked the stats on the possession stuff and he is placed 22 one spot below smalling who you hate for keeping possession

http://www.squawka.com/football-play...ion#desc#total

Unread 10-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
one season. one £#%&!ing season and now he changed how united play for 5+ years?

after that what has he added to this side ? and just saying he is great at keeping the ball is not really enough for me. You have to offer more than that.

just checked the stats on the possession stuff and he is placed 22 one spot below smalling who you hate for keeping possession

http://www.squawka.com/football-play...ion#desc#total
i don't care whether you rate valencia or not ploppy, it's fine...

saying valencia was the replacement for ronaldo is ridiculous, that's all - ferguson had to find a solution to replace his goals, not find a direct replacement. he found a solution that scored us 18 more league goals, hugely improved our goal difference, but actually won us 1 less game - we won nothing that season despite filling the void on goals.

course, we all know that the reason we didn't win the league was because drogba scored from 2 yards offside right in front of the linesman at old trafford, but hey ho. valencia was also guilty of a bad miss at blackburn in the next game. rooney missed both those games after ferguson had preferred him on one leg against bayern to playing berbatov instead, one of ferguson's biggest and most ridiculous mistakes as manager.

Unread 13-06-2016, 11:35 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i don't care whether you rate valencia or not ploppy, it's fine...

saying valencia was the replacement for ronaldo is ridiculous, that's all - ferguson had to find a solution to replace his goals, not find a direct replacement. he found a solution that scored us 18 more league goals, hugely improved our goal difference, but actually won us 1 less game - we won nothing that season despite filling the void on goals.

course, we all know that the reason we didn't win the league was because drogba scored from 2 yards offside right in front of the linesman at old trafford, but hey ho. valencia was also guilty of a bad miss at blackburn in the next game. rooney missed both those games after ferguson had preferred him on one leg against bayern to playing berbatov instead, one of ferguson's biggest and most ridiculous mistakes as manager.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...er-News-Gossip

Ooooooooooooohhhh

Unread 13-06-2016, 11:56 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
how about you don't make yourself look stupid by saying tony v was so negative that he had to become a right back?

he has played at right back when we didn't have any other option and he has been very positive there, allowing for the obvious positional deficiencies with him not actually being a right back.

he's also not a ronaldo-type player. he's more like paul ince. sure, he could be a bit more of a risk taker (but then carrick should shoot more too), but he has been tasked by king louis... along with everyone else.... with not losing possession.

if you view him as a dynamic, more defensive midfielder, suddenly you will stop worrying about his inability to dance through a team like giggs then cross like beckham. and you'll appreciate that he's a tough little bugger with a bit of pace when the space opens up in front of him.

anyone who hates tony v is an idiot.
I lean towards this way of thinking tbh.

Unread 13-06-2016, 11:58 PM
Alan

Quote:

Unread 14-06-2016, 12:13 AM
My Name is Keith

Just can't get past a professional player at any level not being able to use their weaker foot.

Can't ever remember seeing a player so one footed in my entire life - his pattern and direction of play is predictable and limited - all because he has to religiously keep it on his right and then smash it in - it's embarrassing to watch. Has strengths in other areas but his one dimensional predictability makes him somewhere between average and shocking most of the time. Has been more useful in recent games but surely that's not enough.

Unread 14-06-2016, 12:24 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Just can't get past a professional player at any level no being able to use their weaker foot.

Can't ever remember seeing a player so one footed in my entire life - his pattern and direction of play is predictable and limited - all because he has to religiously keep it on his right and then smash it in - it's embarrassing to watch. Has strengths in other areas but his one dimensional predictability makes him somewhere between average and shocking most of the time. Has been more useful in recent games but surely that's not enough.
This.

Favouring one foot is not ideal, but commonplace. Not being able to improvise under any circumstances is not acceptable at all at this level. It has a knock on effect that adversely affects the whole team.

Unread 14-06-2016, 12:26 AM
jem

maradona only used his right foot to stand on.

Unread 14-06-2016, 12:34 AM
Grandadanne

I was watching Ecuador last night and I came to the realization that Tony V is the king of all shit c***s.

The fraud of all frauds the most one footed player I have ever seen.

I knew the demise for united had taken on new formats of "value" when we made him our number 7 (the coward shit it) other than being able to run in a straight line then hit the ball as hard as humanly possible with no focus or skill across the box he is £#%&!ing useless.

Add to that he cannot defend to save his life I hope Mou kicks the £#%&!ing one footed peanut headed c*** out of the club asap.

21 goals in 248 appearances

You are a know nothing #@&%!.Tony is a top utility play anywhere pacy alternative anywhere on the park.

Unread 14-06-2016, 12:35 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Left footers usually shite on their right. Make up for it with good quality on their strong foot. Not seen a right-footer as one-footed as Tono Valencia, though

No need for both him and Darmian next season. Mensah should get a push at right-back.

Unread 14-06-2016, 12:37 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Maradona could go past defenders either way. Watching Valencia up against a pacey FB who shows him inside is almost cringeworthy. In saying that he has done a reasonable job at the club & he has played RB because unfortunately he has been our best option for some time

Unread 14-06-2016, 02:40 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandadanne
I was watching Ecuador last night and I came to the realization that Tony V is the king of all shit c***s.

The fraud of all frauds the most one footed player I have ever seen.

I knew the demise for united had taken on new formats of "value" when we made him our number 7 (the coward shit it) other than being able to run in a straight line then hit the ball as hard as humanly possible with no focus or skill across the box he is £#%&!ing useless.

Add to that he cannot defend to save his life I hope Mou kicks the £#%&!ing one footed peanut headed c*** out of the club asap.

21 goals in 248 appearances

You are a know nothing #@&%!.Tony is a top utility play anywhere pacy alternative anywhere on the park.
Top utility if it means he played on the right on the right side with his right foot on the right and he does not have to go past anyone or pass it forwards or shoot.

Then yes he is a great utility player.

Raffers all day over this utter £#%&!ing shower of shit

Being strong and fast is not enough

Unread 14-06-2016, 03:01 AM
waynes ear's

Has his career ended yet?
Closed Thread