United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:06 PM
The Return of JC

Thumbs down The Guardian listing Ronaldo's 'offences'.

On the list includes Gareth Southgate being wrong and Ronaldo getting booked.

Booked.

But it's placed on a list of offences to imply there's some sort of discipline problem with him.

Since when do we list run of the mill bookings?

Crimes and misdemeanours

Cristiano Ronaldo has been involved in his fair share of controversy since arriving at United from Sporting Lisbon as an 18-year-old in 2003

May 15, 2004 Aston Villa W2-0

Receives his first red card in English football after two bookings, the first for a dive and the second for kicking the ball away

December 7, 2005 Benfica L2-1

Fined £4,000 and suspended for one European game for a middle-finger salute towards the Benfica fans in a Champions League match

January 14, 2006 Man City L3-1

Shown a straight red card by Steve Bennett for a lunging tackle on Andy Cole in the second half. He appeals but is suspended for three games

June 1, 2006 England D0-0

Infuriates England fans as he urges the referee to dismiss Wayne Rooney and then winks as his United team-mate gets his marching orders

December 2, 2006 Boro W2-1

Gareth Southgate calls Ronaldo's behaviour 'cheating' after the Portuguese player takes a tumble to win a 19th-minute penalty

March 7, 2007 Lille W1-0

The winger is booked for diving after going down following the slightest of touches from a Lille defender

August 15, 2007 Portsmouth D1-1

Sent off for an apparent head-butt on Pompey's Richard Hughes towards the end of the game as United stumble to a second consecutive draw

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

Since when do we list run of the mill bookings?
Since a braindead journo didn't have anything better to write about.

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Winston Smith

And since when did being called a cheat by a bitter Gareth Southgate constitute an 'offence'?

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Sparky***

It's really £#%&!ing pathetic.

January 5 , 2004 - Didn't let an old lady in a Nissan Micra out of a side turn whilst driving on Manchester Road.

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:34 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Smith
And since when did being called a cheat by a bitter Gareth Southgate constitute an 'offence'?
Exactly. Southgate offends and it ends up on Ronaldo's 'list'.

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:35 PM
The Return of JC

December 06:

Ronaldo delivers a corner to the far post but it is too deep, evades everyone and rolls out harmlessly for a goal kick.

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:38 PM
dodger

Intersetinly two pages later there is a picture of Hleb doing exactly teh same thing Ronaldo got sent off for. No mention of it in the report. No booking either as far as I know let alone red card.
I'll be watching closely to see that ALL players who touch foreheards are sent off this season.

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:42 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I'll be watching closely to see that ALL players who touch foreheards are sent off this season.
Why?

We know you can mostly get away it. Don't torture yourself.

I'll be watching United instead.

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Rhodzy

May 12th - Ronaldo sneezed

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:45 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
May 12th - Ronaldo sneezed
But there was very little dust to nostril contact. If you ask me, he sneezed a little easily.

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:45 PM
dodger

Quote:
Why?

We know you can mostly get away it. Don't torture yourself.

I'll be watching United instead.
So I can remind every ABU @#%&! who says we get all the decisions that it's not the case.

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Smith
Is Southgate actually qualified to be a manager yet?

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:50 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
So I can remind every ABU @#%&! who says we get all the decisions that it's not the case.
They ain't worth it.

We know it's the case, they know it's the case and they won't be talked round.
We usually have the last laugh anyway.

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:54 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Is Southgate actually qualified to be a manager yet?
Let's see:

He comes out with cliché after cliché.

Pretends his team 'tries to get the ball down and play' when in reality, they're as boring as hell.

He blames referees all the time instead of identifying the errors of his team - the thing he can actually address.

He suggests that the big clubs get the decisions

He'll be out of a job soon and cite bad luck and injuries

Hhhhmmm.....seems qualified enough to me.

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Spiffy

We all know why they do it, it's because he plays for the biggest club in the country and is our "biggest" player (not in my eyes but in a lot of people's). They want to sell newspapers and know people will buy it as a result. Get worried when they stop writing about us and start writing about Chelsea or the Vermin.

United>Guardian.

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:55 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy

United>Guardian.
The Observer > United > The Guardian

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:55 PM
toseeunited

the genius and firey nature reminds me of another number 7

nowt wrong with it imo!

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Redhod99

It also mentions the booking against Lille last season when it was clearly a penalty and he got booked for diving on reputation alone. Ronaldo got kicked all over the pitch last night and never fell over once but got nothing from the ref, it basically says to these players they have to fall over to get anything.

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Let's see:

He comes out with cliché after cliché.

Pretends his team 'tries to get the ball down and play' when in reality, they're as boring as hell.

He blames referees all the time instead of identifying the errors of his team - the thing he can actually address.

He suggests that the big clubs get the decisions

He'll be out of a job soon and cite bad luck and injuries

Hhhhmmm.....seems qualified enough to me.
While that is all entirely correct, I was enquiring as to whether he had actually attained the required coaching badges needed to be a manager, or was he still in the job under special dispensation from whoever it is that gives it out?

Unread 16-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
But there was very little dust to nostril contact. If you ask me, he sneezed a little easily.
Closed Thread