United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2007, 10:19 PM
rebelcountyred

Default How did tevez do?

missed the match through work, too many threads to wade through, thanks in advance.

Unread 15-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Gruber

Made the goal with nice control. Should have scored just before Portsmouth did. He did ok

Unread 15-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Darth Vidic

Fitting in nicely.

Tired towards the end

Unread 15-08-2007, 10:44 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up

thanks for that, good to hear.

Unread 15-08-2007, 10:45 PM
TreeFiddy

He played well. To be honest, most of our lads played pretty well! Here you go.

VDS - 7
Brown - 6
Vidic - 7
Ferdinand - 7
Evra - 8
Ronaldo - 7
Scholes - 8
Carrick - 7
Nani - 8
Tevez - 7
Giggs - 6

Unread 15-08-2007, 10:46 PM
user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy

VDS - 7
Brown - 6
Vidic - 7
Ferdinand - 7
Evra - 8
Ronaldo - 7
Scholes - 8
Carrick - 7
Nani - 8
Tevez - 7
Giggs - 6

nani was that good eh?

thats nice to hear.

Unread 15-08-2007, 10:47 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy

VDS - 7
Brown - 6
Vidic - 7
Ferdinand - 7
Evra - 8
Ronaldo - 7
Scholes - 8
Carrick - 7
Nani - 8
Tevez - 7
Giggs - 6
excellent, i take it nani played well again, could be the surprise of the season.

Unread 15-08-2007, 10:48 PM
TreeFiddy

I thought Nani looked very good, yes. He attacked well on the wing like Ronaldo, cut inside well and put some decent crosses in. As well as that, he worked very hard for the team and was always chasing back and getting stuck in. Very impressed.

Unread 15-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_name
nani was that good eh?

thats nice to hear.
Still lacks a little bit of end product though. Then again so did Ronaldo when we first got him. Nani will prove an excellent signing

Unread 15-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Darth Vidic

Good to see that fight in him.

Unread 15-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Serenity Now

I'd go along with what everyone else has said. Tevez certainly wasn't at his best, but he did well enough, particularly in the first half. Layed the ball off for Scholes' goal very nicely too.

To be honest, I actually thought it was a pretty good performance overall. Giggs was slack at times and Brown didn't offer nearly enough going forward, but everyone else did well. And there were spells when we looked very good.

How the £#%&! didn't we win?

Unread 15-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Brown 6? You mad? He was £#%&!ing terrible.

Unread 15-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Ed Sullivan

Nani was good but became quite sloppy at the end of the game.

Unread 15-08-2007, 11:43 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Brown 6? You mad? He was £#%&!ing terrible.
In my ratings, a 6 is a reflection of a bad performance. Carrick was actually lucky to get away with a 7. I thought he was quite poor in the second half. He doesn't seem to be able to keep his head and pick out the right pass when we need a goal at the end of games.

Unread 15-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Carrick looks lost when he has an a line of defenders in front of him, or he did against Reading and tonight anyway.

What £#%&!ing got me was everytime Scholes especially got the ball around the half way line, nobody came back to meet him, then when he started to push toward the box, they started to come back towards him, leaving him with no option to play anyone in.
£#%&!ing still fuming with that utter £#%&!ing shite.

Unread 15-08-2007, 11:53 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
How the £#%&! didn't we win?
Towards the end, Tevez was unlucky with ball coming to him at the wrong angle, couldn't position himself quick enough to grab the goal. And Scholes at the end, with the ball flashed across the face of goal...ah, £#%&! it!

We played very well in spells and we'll only get better as the new Lads get used to their team mates. Just one of those days. Had it not been for a very good bit of defending from Evra, we could have lost this game too!

Unread 15-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

We played very well in spells and we'll only get better as the new Lads get used to their team mates. Just one of those days. Had it not been for a very good bit of defending from Evra, we could have lost this game too!
Fact. Add to that one of their players falling on his face with a great oppurtunity while Wes was in no man's land.

Unread 15-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Darth Vidic

Yeah I was wondering what he was doing over there, we had 2 or 3 players in the same area and Nugent standing on his own

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Whalefish

Wes switched off and forgot where he was and what he was supposed to be doing? Getaway.

The lad is a £#%&!ing liability at times.

Unread 16-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Towards the end, Tevez was unlucky with ball coming to him at the wrong angle, couldn't position himself quick enough to grab the goal. And Scholes at the end, with the ball flashed across the face of goal...ah, £#%&! it!

Great clearance by Evra that. He showed fantastic anticipation to get into the right position, and if he hadn't made the clearance it would have been a goal for sure. Could easily have ended with an own goal as well. Thought he had an excellent match really, could have done with a right footed clone of him!

Overall, for me, we definitely did enough to win, much more so than against Reading - a match we could very easily have won as well. If Rooney and Ronaldo weren't out I'd actually be feeling quite positive.

It's just such a £#%&!ing shame that our two most potent attacking threats are now out at the same time. And with Saha not back yet either. Bah.
Closed Thread