United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Gill gives Fergie green light for Argentine ace Riquelme in free transfer shocker!
Follow up headline:

Deal destroys both United and Boca, as unfit, slow, but gifted player is suited to the latter but not the former.

(it's true though)

Unread 15-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Deal destroys both United and Boca, as unfit, slow, but gifted player is suited to the latter but not the former
I can picture it in The Sun now!

Unread 15-05-2007, 05:38 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
taking your idea and running with it.

Six to seven years ago I used to work with the biggest Bull Shitter I've ever met.. I was an infuriating #@&%!y little shit, but at times incredibly funny..

I was recounting how Don King just muscled his way onto the Boxing scene by interecepting Foreman at an airport, whacking down a load of cash in his hand ( he'd apparantly never seen so much ) and within a very short space of time he was his manager/promoter and he had exclsive rights to promote his fights. He was heavyweight Champion at the time and that meant that he called the shots.. this led to "Rumble in the Jungle"..

anyway it got us thinking about football..

He wanted to set up a deal.. he ended up ringing Rangers giving an Italian name and said he represented Manchester City.. he got put through to their training ground.. Dick Advocaat was tied up, but he spoke to his assistant and he asked about the availabilty of Marco Negri ( just returned from injury and a little out of favour ) The assistant said that Dick would be keen to talk and could he call back..

in the meantime he rang Paul Hince at the MEN and got him onside.. he was dead excited.. ( He'd rung him before and bullshitted him about seeing Cruyff at the Malmaisson talking to Bernstein, and he'd immediately gone to do his own digging )..

I think he managed to get Joe Royle's direct line from Hince.. anyway he then rang Joe, gave the Italian name said he represented Negri and would he be interested. Joe, to be fair couldn't praise Marco enough, he said how much he rated him and asked if we could pass that on to him, but unfortunately he had zero funds..

Anyway, I don't know what he would've done if he said yes, but it just shows you ho far you can get just by blagging.
ah... tempting.

mind, if sven can fall for a sun journo with a teatowel on his head then this is just small potatoes, fountz. you'd better get cracking - give newcastle a ring and inquire about michael owen to la galaxy for 12 mil and a pre-season tour.
Closed Thread