United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
My 30 years service at Old Trafford is over.

£#%&!ing money mad @#%&!s.

Unread 15-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Flowers of Manchester

Not good Ste

Euro aways?

Unread 15-05-2007, 06:54 PM
1MUFC

Its only 57 quid more in east and west, like 3 quid extra each game, can you really bring yourself to give it up for that if you have the money. If you haven’t got the money they its shite. As long as I have the money I will keep going to £40 a game I reckon then will just say £#%&! it. I will just go away games, I go loads now but will just save quite a bit of money not having a season ticket and in turn Old Trafford will lose another legend.

Unread 15-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Whip Hubley

can't believe they'd have the balls to raise it by that much i'll see it when i believe it.

at the same time though hardly suprising. welcome to the future.

Unread 15-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
Its only 57 quid more in east and west, like 3 quid extra each game, can you really bring yourself to give it up for that if you have the money. If you haven’t got the money they its shite. As long as I have the money I will keep going to £40 a game I reckon then will just say £#%&! it. I will just go away games, I go loads now but will just save quite a bit of money not having a season ticket and in turn Old Trafford will lose another legend.
how much is too much though? you say you'd prob stop at 40 but each year it's like... "wellllllllllllll it's only another 2/3/4/5 quid a game... not so bad"

Unread 15-05-2007, 06:58 PM
wiganste

Quote:
It's the principle. When I started going it was less than a quid. I know that was 30 years ago but how the £#%&! can anyone justify spending 40 sheets on a game, travel costs, booze money etc, every week for 9 months and then get forced to shell out for shit League Cup games?

If I had no kids, then I could do it. I have a well paid job but I have bills to pay and 3 kids to look after.

And Sully - I'm ko'ing the Euro aways too although I will be doing something like Amsterdam, Munich or Antwerp for a few days. Munich is a definite next year, Feb 6th

Unread 15-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
That's what Glazer is banking on. He'll gradually increase the tickets until he's swapped all the fans for day trippers and exec's. If everyone pays as long as they can afford it you'll all be £#%&!ed. You need to stand together and make some kind of protest. The scousers would never stand for this yet at United everyone is looking out for themselves only.

Unread 15-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Enjoying Insanity

The prices will keep on rising until they can't fill the stadium.

They are looking for maximum return on their "cash cow"

The utter, utter @#%&!s.

Unread 15-05-2007, 07:03 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
how much is too much though? you say you'd prob stop at 40 but each year it's like... "wellllllllllllll it's only another 2/3/4/5 quid a game... not so bad"

I know, its such a £#%&!er the whole situation, the thought of paying over £40 through the club every game would just be the one that broke the camels back for me i think. Even if I had the money, could I really bring myself to pay that when I could just give it up, its not like I am giving up United or anything because I would just go even more away games than I do now because I will have more money.

Unread 15-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Whip Hubley

let's say the average is £32 next year, for arguments sake. assuming you don't have a season ticket...

19 x 32 = 608

i reckon i spend an average £20/£25 on top of that travel/food drink etc per game

19 x 20 = 380

effectively a grand, and that's just for the home games. i think the average season ticket is higher than 608 anyway.

if you go to aways and obv euro/cup games...

expensive stuff

Unread 15-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Enjoying Insanity

The next one coming is ten year season tickets. Guaranteed.

But the "wait and see" merchants will tell me I'm a Doomlord etc

Unread 15-05-2007, 07:20 PM
In 76 now this is true

Its not just a Utd issue.
How many of you paid £49 at Fulham or £45 at Birmingham? £39 at Bolton or £47 at Spurs?
When Utd get these tickets in for away game, they must think, £#%&!ing hell, why do we charge abc, when others charge xyz.

Unread 15-05-2007, 07:20 PM
you_are_my_solskjaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Anyone that pays these prices is a @#%&!. End of
or just has a very good job

Unread 15-05-2007, 07:38 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by you_are_my_solskjaer
or just has a very good job
Fair enough

My comment was admittedly harsh but the prices send me into black rages

Unread 15-05-2007, 07:41 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Fair enough

Racist

Unread 15-05-2007, 07:42 PM
you_are_my_solskjaer

Quote:
Fair enough

yea i completely agree, i just don't think its fair to have a go at those who can afford it. Still, I'd much rather the tickets were cheaper with "real fans" attending. I'm not saying that the people affording to go aren't real fans, i just don't feel the atmosphere is as good as it used to be

Unread 15-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by you_are_my_solskjaer
yea i completely agree, i just don't think its fair to have a go at those who can afford it. Still, I'd much rather the tickets were cheaper with "real fans" attending. I'm not saying that the people affording to go aren't real fans, i just don't feel the atmosphere is as good as it used to be
Where does it stop though, fifty, sixty, seventy pounds ??

There will always be people out there able to pay that amount, and all of that is heading into the Glazer's bank account. The only way to stop this is by boycotting, even if you can afford to go.

Unread 15-05-2007, 07:50 PM
you_are_my_solskjaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Where does it stop though, fifty, sixty, seventy pounds ??

There will always be people out there able to pay that amount, and all of that is heading into the Glazer's bank account. The only way to stop this is by boycotting, even if you can afford to go.
i know it'll never be like this but i feel there should be a cap on season ticket prices, that way the grounds will be packed to the brim with loyal supporters and not people coming to visit and watch a football match for the first time. The one thing that the owners are failing to understand is the loyalty of fans and how we should be appreciated

Unread 15-05-2007, 07:51 PM
mark o

I will still be going next year and I will until either

a) they price me out of it (probably not too far off)

or

b) my priorities change (family etc..)

only because I love United, I dislike myself at times for helping pay their debt back, but United is the greater love.

Unread 15-05-2007, 07:52 PM
walker1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark o
I will still be going next year and I will until either

a) they price me out of it (probably not too far off)

or

b) my priorities change (family etc..)

only because I love United, I dislike myself at times for helping pay their debt back, but United is the greater love.

exactly how it is with me
Closed Thread