United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2007, 10:38 AM
If I had the wings of a

Yes, a boycott by all was the only way to show this.
yes, it would have been a superb action plan.

But in reality it would never work and would never happen.

The various groups pre-takeove, couldnt even decide on/take action with a one game boycott for the west Brom Home game.
Only 5,000 on the demo march pre-Milan 2005, yet 64,000 in the stadium that night.

54,000 current ST holders
10,000 exec seats.

15,000 on ST waiting list for next season.

Boycotters post Glazer = approx 2,000 giving up ST/Membership

The boycott wont work and wont ever happen, so what now?

Its just like saying, modern technology would have prevented the Titanic from sinking, its to late for that now.

Unread 16-05-2007, 10:42 AM
If I had the wings of a

also, how do you know Tufty is not fighting from within?
He was one of the main organisers of the Fulham protest and is now involved in the Wembley boycottt action. Action aimed at highlighting ticket prise rises and exploitation of fans.
This now needs other groups to come up with visible action, for people to join in with. We can all make statements, but without action they are mute.

Unread 16-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Welly

Quote:
Originally Posted by If I had the wings of a
Yes, a boycott by all was the only way to show this.
yes, it would have been a superb action plan.

But in reality it would never work and would never happen.

The various groups pre-takeove, couldnt even decide on/take action with a one game boycott for the west Brom Home game.
Only 5,000 on the demo march pre-Milan 2005, yet 64,000 in the stadium that night.

54,000 current ST holders
10,000 exec seats.

15,000 on ST waiting list for next season.

Boycotters post Glazer = approx 2,000 giving up ST/Membership

The boycott wont work and wont ever happen, so what now?

Its just like saying, modern technology would have prevented the Titanic from sinking, its to late for that now.
At last we have some common ground.

It could have worked though. If it had been better organised or more time was available.

The West Brom boycott was a balls up because of a lack of conviction on the part of some who called the boycott and a lack of time in mobilising the support properly.

The figures you quote re season tickets and waiting lists is how things stand now, not how things stood then. This is a security blanket the Glazers have been able to put in place because they have had the time to do this due to a lack of action by those who would consider themselves "the wait and see brigade" This isn't a criticism but a fact. This makes removing them now much harder than two years ago when the banks were unsure whether to lend them the money or not.

So what now you ask.

You have already agreed that the only way to defeat them is financially so from my point of view I can do no more. I give them nothing.

The ball is in your court.

The first question you need to ask yourself is do you still want them out. It is imperitive people are honest when they answer because if some form of collective action is to be undertaken then people need to back up their words with action

Unread 16-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Welly

Quote:
also, how do you know Tufty is not fighting from within?
He was one of the main organisers of the Fulham protest and is now involved in the Wembley boycottt action. Action aimed at highlighting ticket prise rises and exploitation of fans.
This now needs other groups to come up with visible action, for people to join in with. We can all make statements, but without action they are mute.

Tufty is fighting everyone else from within.

The only people's ticket prices he isn't prepared to protest about are United's. Why is this?

You are right about action.

Unread 16-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Ed Sullivan

Default this is always happens...

why do these threads always turn into this shite.

can we get back to the article.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:13 PM
If I had the wings of a

I havent seen any action from any groups about Utds ticket prices. Groups such as IMUSA and MUST should be organising this action.
Tufty has used two games to call on a boycott of Merchandise and food, its not hard to ask people to do this for 2 games, asking people to do it for every game, is a different issue. also, the numbers involved are easy to make it work, 3,000 at fulham and 25,000 at wembley.
The publicity alone is far greater tahn any boycott action, who is measuring the effectiveness?
Personally, i would instruct people to order food and drink, let the caterers pur them and spend time passing them to the counter, then tell them your not paying the prices and walk away in disgust.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Personally, i would instruct people to order food and drink, let the caterers pur them and spend time passing them to the counter, then tell them your not paying the prices and walk away in disgust.

Like it.

Unread 16-05-2007, 12:45 PM
keane Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Unread 16-05-2007, 06:47 PM
parko

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
it's parko's email addy.

but I reckon danny could spell opinion. (he's a clever little £#%&!er for all he's a #@&%! )

tufty on the other hand, can't spell for shit.

who knows or cares
Not any longer, my mate changed the password last year the slimey @#%&!, catch up nige

HOW DARE YOU ALSO

Unread 16-05-2007, 06:58 PM
chorleyred

how dare I what? say you ain't a thick £#%&!er?

was talking to your dad a couple of weeks back, he said you're still a @#%&!

Unread 16-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Johnson

Quote:
There is no fight, either from within or without.
There is support and non-support.
The ones who offer no support, claim to have all the answers, yet fail to provide anything constructive.
Most the so-called boycotters, have either given up little or have used it as an excuse (As pointed out by others in this thread).

If my Mrs has a kid or I cant afford to go anymore, than I will save face and use the line of "Im a boycotter", makes you seem harder and saves face with your mates.
It's not Tufty after all
Closed Thread