Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-12-2016, 01:49 AM
AK14

Default First Hayley McQueen

And now MUTV have lost Jose as well

Quote:
Angry Jose Mourinho has stopped talking to Manchester United's own TV channel

The Special One won't do pre- and post-match interviews after falling out with MUTV presenter Stewart Gardner over awkward questions about the Reds’ results

Jose Mourinho is refusing to speak to Manchester United’s in-house television station MUTV.

I can reveal manager Mourinho has withdrawn co-operation for pre- and post-match interviews after falling out with MUTV presenter and commentator Stewart Gardner.

The Special One took exception to questions from Gardner following the 1-1 with West Ham at Old Trafford on November 27 – their fourth home draw in a sequence of disappointing Premier League results.

I understand Mourinho was unhappy with being quizzed on the club’s own TV channel about United’s stuttering league form and made his feelings known to Gardner and the club’s media team after the match.

And for the three games which have since followed - against West Ham in the EFL Cup, the Premier League draw away to Everton and the Europa League win at Zorya Luhansk in Odessa – he has refused to take questions from Gardner.

United insiders believe Mourinho has over-reacted in this instance, frustrated at a damaging run of five draws which have seen his stars lose touch with the title-chasing pack.

Many will point to the spat as more evidence that the 53-year-old is feeling the heat at Old Trafford as he struggles to turn United back into a trophy-winning club.

But it’s not the first time Mourinho has clashed with TV reporters.

While manager at Chelsea, he fell out with the club’s own in-house station Chelsea TV and had spells where he refused to speak to them if he felt he was being criticised unfairly.

He’s in good company at United — former boss Sir Alex Ferguson also on occasions refused to co-operate with MUTV.

The subscription channel is available worldwide and is more of a commercial operation than Chelsea TV.

As such former players including David May, Lou Macari and Mickey Thomas act as pundits – and criticism doesn’t always go down well with managers.

Gardner is a respected figure at Old Trafford, having joined MUTV from the BBC in 2007.

He worked with Ferguson on matchdays and has subsequently dealt with the Scot's successors Louis van Gaal and David Moyes, and staff praise his professionalism and diplomacy.

I understand United's head of communications Phil Townsend has not yet been asked to mediate in the dispute, but sources at the club hope the matter will be resolved soon.

An insider said: “It’s felt the manager has overreacted on this occasion and that’s why he’s refusing to speak with Stewart Gardner.

“The presenters and commentators have to tread a fine line between stating what’s clearly obvious if the team isn’t winning games, but not upsetting the manager or coaching staff.

“Sometimes that’s not always possible and inevitably there will be difficult moments like the present situation. Hopefully it will be resolved very soon.”

United declined to comment.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...alking-9431875

Unread 11-12-2016, 02:37 AM
waynes ear's

Arsed?

Unread 11-12-2016, 09:34 AM
puressence

90 pecent of the forum will be devastated

Unread 11-12-2016, 09:40 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
90 pecent of the forum will be devastated
You going today pal? Pre match cuddle?

Unread 11-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Albert Tatlock

He's really trying to be the next Fergie, good on him.

Unread 11-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Denis Irwell

Furious Fergie and now Angry Jose. Not even any attempt at alliteration.

It is understood...

I can reveal....

United insiders believe....

an insider said...

£#%&! off.

Unread 11-12-2016, 10:51 AM
dragflick

Unread 11-12-2016, 10:56 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
The article says that he didn't speak to them after the EFL Cup game.

Unread 11-12-2016, 10:59 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
The article says that he didn't speak to them after the EFL Cup game.
No it doesn't.

Unread 11-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Ethers

Quote:
No it doesn't.
It does unfortunately

Unread 11-12-2016, 11:04 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
No it doesn't.
It actually does

Quote:
And for the three games which have since followed - against West Ham in the EFL Cup, the Premier League draw away to Everton and the Europa League win at Zorya Luhansk in Odessa – he has refused to take questions from Gardner
But as it turns out it's incorrect anyway as the video is of an interview after the cup game. Which I'd have known if I watched it before posting

Unread 11-12-2016, 11:11 AM
dragflick

Quote:

But as it turns out it's incorrect anyway as the video is of an interview after the cup game. Which I'd have known if I watched it before posting
Yep; the following match- which it says.

Unread 11-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Ethers

Should have been "the following match"

Very confusing caption imo

Unread 11-12-2016, 11:21 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Yep; the following match- which it says.
It says "following match", which I took to mean following the 1-1 game. Anyway confusion over, The Mirror is wrong and I'm still asleep.

Unread 11-12-2016, 11:29 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Should have been "the following match"

Very confusing caption imo
Quote:
It says "following match", which I took to mean following the 1-1 game. Anyway confusion over, The Mirror is wrong and I'm still asleep.
Apologies accepted.

Unread 11-12-2016, 05:35 PM
red in cumbria

Must admit I have always found Gardner a bit of a dick, tbh. He is no Steve Bower that's for sure.

Unread 11-12-2016, 05:37 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Must admit I have always found Gardner a bit of a dick, tbh. He is no Steve Bower that's for sure.
Bower is a good commentator

Surprised he has t hot the big gig somewhere tbh.

Unread 11-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Clarkie

Unread 11-12-2016, 10:53 PM
Mr_Ed

This is the mutv who binned the Keane interview. £#%&! em.

Unread 12-12-2016, 01:11 AM
class of 68

Quote:
he has refused to take questions from Gardner.
Thats not Gardener doing that interview, its David Stowell
Closed Thread