United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2009, 11:48 AM
The Return of JC

Default Re: People laughed at me when I said he would be a good signing..

Not the worst idea in the world. Proven pedigree still quality. One month contract.

Unread 09-12-2009, 11:49 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Not the worst idea in the world. Proven pedigree still quality. One month contract.
It will be till the end of the season.

Unread 09-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Ginners

did you take the 15/1?

Unread 09-12-2009, 11:51 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
did you take the 15/1?
Yes. Stuck £100 on it.

Gonna make £1500.

Unread 09-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Withers

Things can never be that bad that we need to sign that fruitcake.

Unread 09-12-2009, 12:46 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Things can never be that bad that we need to sign that fruitcake.
I think Evra Carrick and Fletcher making up a back three would count as being that bad

Unread 09-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Charlie Harper

So are the journos really saying that (a) Sol can sign in the January window, but won't play for 5 or 6 weeks after that? Any player can train with any club, including United, right now - they just can't play. So he can be ready for Jan 1st, not 31st. (b) there will be a need to sign him at all, this implies that United won't have Vidic back from flu this weekend, Neville back from a groin strain in a fortnight, De Silvas, Brown, etc...

Oh, they didn't mention that Sol had the chance to come to United but turned us down when he left Spurs, and joined Arsenal instead. Now that is lazy.

Unread 09-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Harper
So are the journos really saying that (a) Sol can sign in the January window, but won't play for 5 or 6 weeks after that? Any player can train with any club, including United, right now - they just can't play. So he can be ready for Jan 1st, not 31st. (b) there will be a need to sign him at all, this implies that United won't have Vidic back from flu this weekend, Neville back from a groin strain in a fortnight, De Silvas, Brown, etc...

Oh, they didn't mention that Sol had the chance to come to United but turned us down when he left Spurs, and joined Arsenal instead. Now that is lazy.
Doubt he'd turn us down again though. If Fergie feels he needs him as cover, like with Larsson and Goram in the past, I don't see a problem. Also might make a good father figure for JOS.

The only thing that worries me about this whole thing is that it adds more weight to the idea that we're £#%&!ing skint

Unread 09-12-2009, 02:26 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I think Evra Carrick and Fletcher making up a back three would count as being that bad
Not really getting why Fergie says Fletch'll play right back on Satdee, why couldn't Delight play there so Darren could go into midfield?

That said I'd not particularly object to a 6 week contract for Sol, given that we may not have a fit CB to partner Vidic 'til the end of January.

Unread 09-12-2009, 02:27 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Not really getting why Fergie says Fletch'll play right back on Satdee, why couldn't Delight play there so Darren could go into midfield?

That said I'd not particularly object to a 6 week contract for Sol, given that we may not have a fit CB to partner Vidic 'til the end of January.
gibbo.

NFT!

Unread 09-12-2009, 02:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
gibbo.

NFT!
I think further explanation is required rather than a seemingly shouted nft.

Unread 09-12-2009, 02:30 PM
El Chalten

Talking Campbell: I'd love to play for United

Sol Campbell has invited Manchester United to make a move for him after admitting he would "love" to play for the Red Devils.

Widespread reports on Wednesday suggested United were lining up a surprise deal for Campbell to bolster their injury-hit defence.

Campbell is free to find a new club after finally securing his release from Notts County after an ill-fated spell at the League Two club.

The 35-year-old, who will have to wait until January to join a new club, is currently training with former club Arsenal as he looks to maintain his fitness.

Reports have claimed United are ready to invite Campbell for training as they weigh up a short-term deal for the central defender.

Campbell has revealed he has not heard from anyone at United, but that he would interested in a move to the reigning Premier League champions.

"I have heard nothing officially from Manchester United, but there have been suggestions and of course, it would be a great move for me, if it happens," Campbell told ESPN Soccernet.

"I shall just have to wait and see if a call comes through the right channels.

"Of course I would love to play for Manchester United, but I am not counting any chickens, just waiting to see what happens. I am training as usual at Arsenal, and would go to train at Manchester United if I was asked."

nft.

Unread 09-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Sparky***

Sol Campbell.

Sol.

Campbell.

Sol.

£#%&!ing.

Campbell.

:shakehead:

Unread 09-12-2009, 02:34 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sol Campbell.

Sol.

Campbell.

Sol.

£#%&!ing.

Campbell.

Obviously it aint ideal but look at that injury list and how long they are all out for. Not sure what other options we have? Wouldn't want to throw £10 million at someone who then won't get in the team when Rio and Evans are fit?

Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sol Campbell.

Sol.

Campbell.

Sol.

£#%&!ing.

Campbell.

Whats the tune?

koppas

It's on.

This short term deal is a piece of genius from the Wizard. People are forgetting how good Campbell was last season for Pompey. A brilliant stop gap imo.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Obviously it aint ideal but look at that injury list and how long they are all out for. Not sure what other options we have? Wouldn't want to throw £10 million at someone who then won't get in the team when Rio and Evans are fit?
Agreed. Six month contract and 5th choice CB when all are available. Not the worst.

Unread 09-12-2009, 02:35 PM
silv

Quote:
Exactly, if you look at it with Michael Owen and the Llajic fiasco then it looks like another desperate move from a club in crisis. BUT if you look at it objectively with our defensive crisis atm it would be a shrewd move on a very short term contract.

Unread 09-12-2009, 02:36 PM
History

Default History Issues come and get me plea

Can i just go on record and say that i would welcome a move in united came in for me. I can fill in centre back and as a right back. I feel ive proven myself at a good level, But utd are a good club and who wouldnt jump at the chance?

Unread 09-12-2009, 02:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Agreed. Six month contract and 5th choice CB when all are available. Not the worst.
I'd only bother with a coupla months tbh, don't want him mincing about Carrington any longer than necassary.
Closed Thread