United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2009, 12:56 AM
NinoyAquino

Default You've got to laugh....

Haven't you?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...le249069.html?

Haven't you?

Unread 09-12-2009, 12:58 AM
les vagas

Default Re: You've got to laugh....

dear god no!

Unread 09-12-2009, 01:04 AM
Sparky***

sweet mother of jesus.

Unread 09-12-2009, 01:04 AM
Zorg

The 1998 world cup squad meet again.

Next up, 'Fergie in swoop for Anderton'

Unread 09-12-2009, 01:06 AM
NinoyAquino

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opin...cle249297.html

Last line of journo's blog

Unread 09-12-2009, 01:22 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoyAquino

Unread 09-12-2009, 01:47 AM
taff

could've happened years ago. o'shea will be pleased though.

Unread 09-12-2009, 02:37 AM
toseeunited

if this happens i will chop my own #@&%! off!

Unread 09-12-2009, 02:49 AM
Ethers

Can someone explain what the £#%&! is going on here??

It just looks like a joke, what the £#%&! is going on with the picture

Is it supposed to be serious??

Unread 09-12-2009, 03:00 AM
Spiffy

It's not a shock really, we've all predicted this. We'll get Sol and we'll sell Vidic and Tufty will make up some lies for the Glazers.

Also, I hate to be pedantic but 'Sol' doesn't rhyme with 'old'.

HTH

Quote:
MANCHESTER UNITED are ready to launch a sensational bid for Sol Campbell.

Old Trafford boss Alex Ferguson sees the former England centre-half as the answer to United's defensive problems now he is finally allowed to play again.
Campbell, 35, has been training by himself since leaving Notts County in September, just weeks after signing a five-year deal worth £10million with the League Two side.
The one-time Spurs and Arsenal star has now reached agreement with County over his registration which leaves him free to join another club.
United desperately need Campbell's experience to overcome a back four crisis that has Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Wes Brown, Gary Neville, Jonny Evans and John O'Shea all crocked.
Midfielders Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher started at centre-half against Wolfsburg last night.
United are investigating how quickly they can sign Campbell and the signs are he will be fit for his debut for the champions early in the New Year.
Campbell could face the Gunners on January 31 and another ex-club, Portsmouth, on February 6.

Unread 09-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Zorg

Apparently his real name is Sulzeer.

Titanic me senseless but I didn't know.

Unread 09-12-2009, 03:19 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Apparently his real name is Sulzeer.

Titanic me senseless but I didn't know.
General rule of thumb, if you want to shorten your name pick a name that is short for your name. Sol isn't short for Sulzeer. I didn't know that either tbh.

Unread 09-12-2009, 05:46 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Ferguson has offered short-term deals to other experienced stars in the past like Danish striker Henrik Larsson, who arrived on loan in January 2007.

that's some quality journalism, that is

Unread 09-12-2009, 05:49 AM
Sandman

I think this might have started as a wum on RedCafe.

Unread 09-12-2009, 08:06 AM
koppas

Cool People laughed at me when I said he would be a good signing..

Looks like it could be coming true:

Quote:
MANCHESTER UNITED are ready to launch a sensational bid for Sol Campbell.
Old Trafford boss Alex Ferguson sees the former England centre-half as the answer to United's defensive problems now he is finally allowed to play again.

Campbell, 35, has been training by himself since leaving Notts County in September, just weeks after signing a five-year deal worth £10million with the League Two side.

The one-time Spurs and Arsenal star has now reached agreement with County over his registration which leaves him free to join another club.

United desperately need Campbell's experience to overcome a back four crisis that has Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Wes Brown, Gary Neville, Jonny Evans and John O'Shea all crocked.

Midfielders Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher started at centre-half against Wolfsburg last night.

United are investigating how quickly they can sign Campbell and the signs are he will be fit for his debut for the champions early in the New Year.

Campbell could face the Gunners on January 31 and another ex-club, Portsmouth, on February 6.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0ZAl92cGW

Quote:
MANCHESTER United’s defensive crisis has become so desperate they have considered a move for Sol Campbell.

Injuries and illness have robbed United manager Sir Alex Ferguson of Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Gary Neville, Wes Brown, John O’Shea and Jonny Evans.

Ferguson expects to have Vidic back from flu in time for Saturday’s Premier League game against Aston Villa, but he is still woefully short of cover at the back.

He is examining his options and one idea that has been muted is to make a move to sign free agent Campbell, 35, on a short-term deal.

But having cancelled his contract with Notts County, it is believed that, under FIFA rules, Campbell cannot play for another club until January – and that is too late for United.

Newcastle held talks with Campbell, but were put off by his £40,000-a-week wages. Hull and Everton are also interested.

Ferguson sprang a surprise in January 2007 by signing Henrik Larsson, who was 35, on loan to help bolster his attacking options.
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...r-Sol-Campbell

Makes perfect sense and I think will suprise a few people. He was superb for Portsmouth last season and, despite being 35, will more than capable at stepping in when needed what with our defensive problems. People will argue he hasn't played much football but he's been training full time since the summer with Arsenal and is just what we need as a short term fix. Suprised people are shocked by this tbh with Fergie having signed Larsson as a short term fix, signed Blanc at 34/35 and even Michael Owen was seen as past it.

In Fergie we trust.

Unread 09-12-2009, 08:13 AM
magic_cantona

Default Re: People laughed at me when I said he would be a good signing..

Unread 09-12-2009, 08:14 AM
koppas

Oh yeah, I forgot there is another thread with a link to the news story. Oh and another thread just about Sol Campbell.

Unread 09-12-2009, 08:19 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Oh yeah, I forgot there is another thread with a link to the news story. Oh and another thread just about Sol Campbell.

Unread 09-12-2009, 08:21 AM
koppas

Brilliant.

Unread 09-12-2009, 08:32 AM
TreeFiddy

We shouldn't bother and I suspect it's not at all true.

We'll have enough defenders back once he could sign for us anyway. What use will he be when Rio, Brown, Evans and Vidic are fit? Apart from keeping O'Shea's morale up.
Closed Thread