Obertan 6 5.22%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 08-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Rossi the Red

Default Re: MOTM vs Wolfsburg - Make Your Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
This is crackers. Rooney scored a hat-trick and I didn't give him the MOTM. Owen scores a hat-trick and I plump for Scholes, who I thought was a joy to watch tonight. Absolutely sublime.
A sign of a team in form

Unread 08-12-2009, 11:18 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
a hat trick = motm

unwritten laws in football.
Agreed goals are most important and even though Patrice and Scholes were better performance wise than owen, he has to be MOTM surely?

Unread 09-12-2009, 12:06 AM
believe

how the £#%&! is patrice evra doing this??!!

Unread 09-12-2009, 12:08 AM
MJ Ramone

Scholesy.

Owen's hat-trick was top drawer...& by rights I should give it to him, but I thought Scholes bossed the game from start to finish.
He's a genius & it'll be a very VERY sad day when neither him or Ryan are at the Club.

Unread 09-12-2009, 12:09 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
how the £#%&! is patrice evra doing this??!!
He's incredible.
My favourite player after Wazza ...The best LB in World Football.

Unread 09-12-2009, 12:12 AM
Tiberian

Owen surprised me for the third goal, thought he would be caught, run from pretty deep, with the ball but he made it quite comfortably. Fergie has been praising his training performances, maybe he is starting to regain some real match sharpness.

His all round game was pretty poor, but a finisher like Owen who can sniff out chances is a valuable asset. The signing has been criticised but 7 goals in limited playing time and clearly third choice amongst our pool of forwards, better than most would have expected.

Having said that I hope he is not starting against Villa.

Unread 09-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Owen surprised me for the third goal, thought he would be caught, run from pretty deep, with the ball but he made it quite comfortably. Fergie has been praising his training performances, maybe he is starting to regain some real match sharpness.

His all round game was pretty poor, but a finisher like Owen who can sniff out chances is a valuable asset. The signing has been criticised but 7 goals in limited playing time and clearly third choice amongst our pool of forwards, better than most would have expected.

Having said that I hope he is not starting against Villa.
you dont seem to like owen at all

Unread 09-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
you dont seem to like owen at all
I wasn't against the signing really. He has limitations as a footballer that are obvious but he will win games for Utd because of his movement in the box and composure. He is not a good enough footballer to start consistently for us, especially in big games, but he could make a real difference when the league starts to get tight.

My worry is the workload and responsibility having Owen as a third choice puts on Rooney and Berbatov.

To be honest I have never liked strikers that are one dimensional, I championed Saha over RVN and Ruud had far more to his game than Owen does.

Useful player to have around but he is a stopgap until either a target becomes available or one of the young strikers makes an undeniable case for promotion.

Unread 09-12-2009, 03:11 AM
utd99

Sorry boys, but Owen and Scholes were playing in their familiar positions and did excellently. Fletch however was playing centre-half against a pair that scored 54 between them last year in a game they needed to win, superb.

Does this boy ever let us down these days?

Unread 09-12-2009, 03:21 AM
Rhodzy

I went for the captain.

Unread 09-12-2009, 09:05 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
It was good to see him make that run in behind and not get caught, although Barzagli and Costa are pretty slow so maybe it shouldn't be too much of a surprise. That said, his finishing was very good, much sharper than it has been. His deficiencies in other areas were, presumably, supposed to be balanced by him being clinical/reliable in front of goal. Hasn't really been the case so far this season aside from the derby, but last night was encouraging.

Unread 09-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Appletango

Owen.

NFT

Unread 09-12-2009, 10:04 AM
antonin jablonsky

Difficult one, given all the injuries we had i think we were superb and really stuck together as a team. Thought Scholes was excellent, though he did give it away a bit too much in our half. Carrick and Fletcher did better than you might reasonably expect at CB. Obertan was good when he came on and Owen obviously bagged a superb hat-trick. I've gotta go with Paddy though, I thought he was absolutely incredible, a real leader all over the pitch superb at the back but still with the energy to get forward, the man's a £#%&!ing maniac.

Unread 09-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Nani.

Unread 09-12-2009, 10:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Nani.

Great cross for Owen's first to be fair to him.

Unread 09-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

He should be taken out and shot.

Fletcher Owen or Scholes for Motm. can't be arsed choosing one.

Fletch is an Adonis these days.

I was saying this back in the day, way back, probs circa 1991.

I know football I do.

Unread 09-12-2009, 10:47 AM
rafabio

Owen. 3 very good finishes. could have and should have had 4 goals.

Obertan was very good. Once all our defensive problems go away and we have hargreaves fit we can go with a 4-4-2 with obers, cougar, fletcher and ants in the middle and rooney, berbs uptop.

Unread 09-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Owen. 3 very good finishes. could have and should have had 4 goals.

Obertan was very good. Once all our defensive problems go away and we have hargreaves fit we can go with a 4-4-2 with obers, cougar, fletcher and ants in the middle and rooney, berbs uptop.
Because once they go away, they never come back.

Unread 09-12-2009, 10:50 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It was good to see him make that run in behind and not get caught, although Barzagli and Costa are pretty slow so maybe it shouldn't be too much of a surprise. That said, his finishing was very good, much sharper than it has been. His deficiencies in other areas were, presumably, supposed to be balanced by him being clinical/reliable in front of goal. Hasn't really been the case so far this season aside from the derby, but last night was encouraging.
reminded me a bit of Ruud's goal at Highbury a few years back

58 seconds in - but its all worth watching.

Unread 09-12-2009, 10:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
He should be taken out and shot.

Fletcher Owen or Scholes for Motm. can't be arsed choosing one.

Fletch is an Adonis these days.

I was saying this back in the day, way back, probs circa 1991.

I know football I do.

to be completely balanced, pretty much everything he did other than that cross was absolutely appalling.
Closed Thread