Favourite colour?

Unread 22-08-2016, 01:33 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
So is he any good, this youth?

Best position?
Favourite colour?
Left back, looked good going forward when he played for us.

Runs like a t-rex

Unread 22-08-2016, 01:35 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Left back, looked good going forward when he played for us.

Runs like a t-rex
That pretty much covers it

Unread 22-08-2016, 01:39 PM
DuanePipe

Excellent. Look forward to seeing him.

The last chap you sent our way - Darron Gibson - was not vintage.

That's before we even get in to the fact that Fergie sold his own son to us and he's still one of the slowest, least effective midfielders to play for us.

Unread 22-08-2016, 01:57 PM
guerreiro

Oh, he's really slow as well.

Unread 22-08-2016, 02:11 PM
waynes ear's

Good move for him

Unread 22-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Buck

Bad move for him

Unread 12-12-2016, 06:56 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Bad move for him
100% correct.

Thought I'd give you an update on how he's doing.

He's not playing.

Because Wolves defence is so good? No. No, it's far from that.

Because there is a political split at Wolves whereby anyone at the club who is connected to Mendes is seen as bad and all the old guard who were at Wolves pre-takeover have had a power grab.

The games he did play he looked composed and actually knew how to defend. This composure was mistaken by some of our fans as 'laziness'. He never looked lazy to me, just like someone who had been coached to try and find a teammate with a pass rather than hoof it forward as soon as the ball came to him. He never had what I would call a poor game but suffered for playing in a woeful team and not a player who tears about the place like a moron on speed.

Any way, Jose has (100% rightly) had his own back:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...tment-cameron/

Think CBJ will be back with you next month. Feel sorry for the lad. Had a crucial part of his early career derailed by idiots.

Unread 12-12-2016, 07:01 PM
Ethers

Ta for the interesting update.

Had been wondering what was happening with the lad, as I was never anything less than impressed when he played under LVG

Unread 12-12-2016, 07:05 PM
Switching Off

Looked decent under LVG but was never going to get games with Shaw, Blind and Rojo, and Darmian I guess, knocking around. Can't see more than one of those leaving this summer either.

Unread 12-12-2016, 07:07 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Ta for the interesting update.

Had been wondering what was happening with the lad, as I was never anything less than impressed when he played under LVG
To be honest, even if he'd had a terrible performance here or there, that's what you get when you loan young players. They learn their trade on your time. But he didn't. He just has a casual style. I don't even think it's that. It's more that even though we're owned by bazillionaires, there's still a very healthy streak of clown DNA running through the place.

Mendes is foreign = bad.

So CBJ is kept out of the side by a league of Ireland player who is comfortably one of the least competent defenders playing in the professional leagues.

CBJ is in good company though. We signed Silvio from Athletico Madrid and he's had to sit on the sidelines and watch a bunch of tools each week too.

Unread 12-12-2016, 07:53 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

why are a club like wolves so perennially shite? always loved a trip to woolyhamperton, easy train journey, no mither if you didn't want it, great pubs with great beer and pies, lovely girls, the whole deal. went to a load of gigs at the civic hall which was a great venue.

Unread 13-12-2016, 12:13 AM
red in cumbria

Another loan goes to shit shocker

Unread 13-12-2016, 12:22 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
To be honest, even if he'd had a terrible performance here or there, that's what you get when you loan young players. They learn their trade on your time. But he didn't. He just has a casual style. I don't even think it's that. It's more that even though we're owned by bazillionaires, there's still a very healthy streak of clown DNA running through the place.

Mendes is foreign = bad.

So CBJ is kept out of the side by a league of Ireland player who is comfortably one of the least competent defenders playing in the professional leagues.

CBJ is in good company though. We signed Silvio from Athletico Madrid and he's had to sit on the sidelines and watch a bunch of tools each week too.
What's the view on him down there? The perception at Valencia was that players weren't being signed on merit and bad results have ensued. Whether it's the fault of Mendes/his players is up for debate but it looks dodgy

Unread 13-12-2016, 03:02 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
What's the view on him down there? The perception at Valencia was that players weren't being signed on merit and bad results have ensued. Whether it's the fault of Mendes/his players is up for debate but it looks dodgy
He divides opinion. Personally, I think he's done well by us. He's got us CBJ on loan (presumably as a result of his friendship with Jose) who is patently better than our existing full backs. He got us Cavaleiro from Monaco who is a player who wouldn't normally consider somewhere like Wolverhampton as an upward move from Monte Carlo. He got us Helder Costa on loan from Benfica. Total consensus that he's been our best player by far. And he got us Jao Teixera on loan from Benfica.

There are Wolves fans who regard these players as foreign fairies who aren't up for a scrap (failing to realise that we have lots of non foreign fairies who are up for a scrap but are awful at playing football).

Then there are fans like me who think we've made a mess of integrating these technical players in favour of the gruntish old guard who've lead us down the table.

Mendes biggest error was in recommending Walter Zenga as manager. Zenga's managerial record consists of around 8 jobs where he didn't last more than one season.
Closed Thread