wouldnt be surprised if we ended up with that keeper from rangers
Not Andy Gorams again ffs.

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: We're going to miss steady eddy VDS more than we missed schmeichel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Cheeky bid for Craig Gordon?
He's actually a good 'keeper. Injury prone though.

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He's actually a good 'keeper. Injury prone though.
I know.

Dodge is a big fan

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I know.

Dodge is a big fan
I've been told to stop mentioning him.

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:08 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
So the most expensive one was the worst? You missed Ricardo, Andy Goram and Andy Goram off btw. (Rai van der Gouw was one of my favourites, think he cost about £300k)
No. Bartez was 7.8 million and he was dog poo, Taibi got 2 motm awards from 4 games for us.

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
No. Bartez was 7.8 million and he was dog poo, Taibi got 2 motm awards from 4 games for us.

Barthez was great in his first season. Terrible afterwards. Henry :facepam:

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
wouldnt be surprised if we ended up with that keeper from rangers
If he's good enough I couldn't give a £#%&! where he arrived from. Not sure McGregor is that man though.

Lloris & De Gea are the best young 'keepers in the world & would cost about £20m at the very least. Decidedly unlikely at the moment.

Buffon has a very dodgy Fleetwood, pointless signing a cripple, regardless of whether they're a legend. Cesar might be willing to leave Inter, but would cost a fair wack as well. He's good though, honestly no idea if he's any good with his feet - as Borsurs will attest, it's important for the next man to be a good distributor & comfortable with the back passes. It's £#%&!ing nerve shredding watching Knutsack when a ball rolls through to him...

The lad at Stoke, Begovic, is underrated imo, pulls off some fantastic saves & will go to a good club in the near future. Can't say if he's Utd level, but certainly a good age (23).

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
If he's good enough I couldn't give a £#%&! where he arrived from. Not sure McGregor is that man though.

Lloris & De Gea are the best young 'keepers in the world & would cost about £20m at the very least. Decidedly unlikely to say the least at the moment.

Buffon has a very dodgy Fleetwood, pointless signing a cripple, regardless of whether they're a legend. Cesar might be willing to leave Inter, but would cost a fair wack as well. He's good though, honestly no idea if he's any good with his feet - as Borsurs will attest, it's important for the next man to be a good distributor & comfortable with the back passes. It's £#%&!ing nerve shredding watching Knutsack when a ball rolls through to him...

The lad at Stoke, Begovic, is underrated imo, pulls off some fantastic saves & will go to a good club in the near future. Can't say if he's Utd level, but certainly a good age (23).

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:25 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Buffon is meant to be a bit Paolo Di Canio in hios politics as well int he? I know he was pictured wearing a shirt with a Mussolini slogan on it and rumour was he wore the number 88 as it alphbetically it is HH which stood for Heil Hitler. Dunno if there is any truth in that but dodgy ground none the less.

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Buffon is meant to be a bit Paolo Di Canio in hios politics as well int he? I know he was pictured wearing a shirt with a Mussolini slogan on it and rumour was he wore the number 88 as it alphbetically it is HH which stood for Heil Hitler. Dunno if there is any truth in that but dodgy ground none the less.
load of old %@#$&!s. Literally. The 88 thing was an old Italian proverb (according to his mum) something about "the strong man has 4 balls" hence the appearance of the two eights. I know but he's a £#%&!ing thoughtful chap is big Buffers. Have a read of this interview, he's bit of a headcase

first question...

Quote:
How did you start as a goalkeeper?

I entered my present profession by accident—a series of geographical, personal, and legal coincidences. A blend of boredom, curiosity, and vanity

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Coracao

Buffon

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:38 PM
History

Quote:
load of old %@#$&!s. Literally. The 88 thing was an old Italian proverb (according to his mum) something about "the strong man has 4 balls" hence the appearance of the two eights. I know but he's a £#%&!ing thoughtful chap is big Buffers. Have a read of this interview, he's bit of a headcase

first question...

Bit of a deep thinker isnt he?

Or a wum of arshavin standards.

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
first question...

sounds perfect

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Bit of a deep thinker isnt he?

Or a wum of arshavin standards.
Did you read it all ? He's amazing - like an Italian Grimson :bi:

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Barracuda

As has been touched on above, whoever we get will need to be good with the ball at his feet. In a lot of these away games when we're getting pressed quickly, a lot of the time the outlet is to turn and get it back to the keeper - VDS is almost a third CB at times.

Also pointed out is the fact the Club will be unlikely to sanction a huge bid for a player over 30 - no resale value and all that, effectively ruling out Buffon and Cesar. However, SAF has said a few times the need for a Utd keeper to have a lot of experience, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us get an older keeper - just not those two mentioned ... maybe someone cheaper along the lines of Diego Lopez or Sebastien Frey??

Whoever it ends up being, hopefully they're up to the job and we don't have to go through 10 keepers in 5 years again before we get the right man.

Unread 17-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Did you read it all ? He's amazing - like an Italian Grimson :bi:
dont see buffon getting his blog in the top 1,000 goalkeeping blogs of all time

grimmers > buffon

Unread 17-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Looks like he's been Woll Smothed.

Unread 17-01-2011, 04:14 PM
dodger

Quote:
I know.

Dodge is a big fan
You've got a good memory

Unread 17-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Agree, he won't stay at Stoke forever, but I think the timing isn't right, as Fergie will probably want someone who has been a number one a bit longer, and played some European/international (major tournament) football. He's as good a pure shot stopper as there is tho.

DeGea's had a bad time the last couple of months, and Lloris didn't finish last season in his best form, but that's young goalkeepers for you. I think either of them would be fantastic signings, but expensive.
Closed Thread