United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2018, 01:01 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Sure but it puts some perspective to the Martial is a lazy bastard talk.
Depends on the running being done. There's smart running, which gets you the stats Alexis has & theres just braindead running. Also , defensively if you get in a good position to begin with it will reduce the amount of running you have to do as you wont be forced into chasing the opposing player because you were lazy & let him get a yard on you to begin with

BTW, I am not accusing Martial of being lazy . I just think Alexis is a far better footballer & his stats back that up. cant believe the amount of posters giving up on him so soon.

Quoted this from an Arsenal forum

"
Arsenal averaged 1.7 points per game in this season's EPL games prior to Sanchez's departure. If you remove the four Arsenal games during that period in which he did not play, the average increases to 1.9. Since he moved to United, Arsenal has averaged 1.5 points per game. Extrapolate that to a full season, and he's worth 15 points.

Simplistic but not necessarily inaccurate for being so. It really does look like we miss him - a lot - in spite of all the ink spilled after the few good early results that coincided with his departure."

Unread 21-04-2018, 08:15 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Would like Rashford and Martial either side of Lukaku, leads to a better attacking shape with constant width, something badly lacking in this team with Sanchez and Mata as the nominal wide players and conservative full backs.

3 in midfield, can not imagine Mou will go to Spurs again with Matic and Pogba alone, considering how they were rushed out of the game previously, please let the 3rd be Herrera rather than Fellaini.

Who partners Smalling? Bailly has had an awful disrupted season, Jones and he bring out the worst in each other, Lindelof is the invisible man, Rojo is a train wreck.
After the way he played the other day, Herrera deserves a start. Trouble is, he rarely has two decent games, running.

Not entirely comfortable with this but I’d probably go with Smalling/Jones. Never know, Jones might at least crash into Kane and put him out of action.
Can’t help but like mad Eric but he makes me nervous. Not that Jones and Smalling don’t.

Unread 21-04-2018, 09:21 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
After the way he played the other day, Herrera deserves a start. Trouble is, he rarely has two decent games, running.

Not entirely comfortable with this but I’d probably go with Smalling/Jones. Never know, Jones might at least crash into Kane and put him out of action.
Can’t help but like mad Eric but he makes me nervous. Not that Jones and Smalling don’t.
I think it'll be Herrera in the three. I'll be surprised if Sanchez isn't back in too. Although Martial will be on early if Sanchez disappears.

Rashford or Mata the only real question mark, I think.

I think it'll be Bailly and Smalling at the back.

Like it or not, Smalling is our best and most consistent defender at the moment.

Unread 21-04-2018, 09:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Brutal stuff.

Big Kangz gotta be the hot favourite for NOTY.
Erm, he got everything in his post wrong. Do you read posts or do you just skim though them?

Unread 21-04-2018, 10:17 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Erm, he got everything in his post wrong. Do you read posts or do you just skim though them?
You weren't part of the Marco Silva mandem?

Boring Mou lashing 4 goals past him at the viccy in november was something they never recovered from.

Unread 21-04-2018, 10:20 AM
dunk

Quote:
You weren't part of the Marco Silva mandem?

Boring Mou lashing 4 goals past him at the viccy in november was something they never recovered from.
No. I may have said he did alright at Hull and seemed to have Watford looking good at the start of the season, that’s about it though.

All fell down following that weird Everton thing.

Unread 21-04-2018, 10:25 AM
saffers

Quote:
No. I may have said he did alright at Hull and seemed to have Watford looking good at the start of the season, that’s about it though.

All fell down following that weird Everton thing.
I rate him too tbf. Just liked Kangz needle towards you.

Would be on my list for new united coach had you abu's been in charge and mou got sacked. The potential is there in silva, many promising signs.

Unread 21-04-2018, 10:26 AM
dunk

Quote:
I rate him too tbf. Just liked Kangz needle towards you.

Would be on my list for new united coach had you abu's been in charge and mou got sacked. The potential is there in silva, many promising signs.
Was too quick to flirt with another club after joining Everton. Deffo did a decent job at Hull in the circumstances and to begin with.

And it’s ABMou

Unread 21-04-2018, 10:40 AM
saffers

Quote:
Was too quick to flirt with another club after joining Everton. Deffo did a decent job at Hull in the circumstances and to begin with.

And it’s ABMou
Good football, good at identifying talent, can bring through younger players etc.

Smells pochettino-ish in 2013 imo.

But obviously happy mou signed a new deal and will be here for another couple of years at least. I don't think the nuclear button you guys dream of would have been pressed even if we had lost those big games to chelsea city and the scousers. Back to back CL, possibly 4 trophies. Jose on course. Good win tonight and you guys would be silenced for the rest of the season.

Unread 21-04-2018, 10:43 AM
dunk

Meant Watford not Everton ffs

You’ll never silence those of us who don’t want to watch shit football while Mourinho is in charge.

Unread 21-04-2018, 10:55 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Good football, good at identifying talent, can bring through younger players etc.

Smells pochettino-ish in 2013 imo.

But obviously happy mou signed a new deal and will be here for another couple of years at least. I don't think the nuclear button you guys dream of would have been pressed even if we had lost those big games to chelsea city and the scousers. Back to back CL, possibly 4 trophies. Jose on course. Good win tonight and you guys would be silenced for the rest of the season.
Bored is the word you're looking for pal.

That the United board might consign us to another season of shite football, while letting Mourinho disgard young talent in favour of bang average grafters in their late 20s, so we can scrap for a runners up spot, is just highlghting the incompetence behind the scenes.

Unread 21-04-2018, 11:05 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Bored is the word you're looking for pal.

That the United board might consign us to another season of shite football, while letting Mourinho disgard young talent in favour of bang average grafters in their late 20s, so we can scrap for a runners up spot, is just highlghting the incompetence behind the scenes.
As opposed to bored and spoilt

How much young talent have City, Dippers, Chavs, Arsenal in their team? Not as many as United.

How are their under 18s doing? Ours are top in the north and when we beat ch@vs will be national champions.

Try again.

Unread 21-04-2018, 11:09 AM
Sandman

Quote:
How much young talent have City, Dippers, Chavs, Arsenal in their team?

How are their under 18s doing?
Couldn't care less tbh.

Unread 21-04-2018, 11:09 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
As opposed to bored and spoilt

How much young talent have City, Dippers, Chavs, Arsenal in their team? Not as many as United.

How are their under 18s doing? Ours are top in the north and when we beat ch@vs will be national champions.

Try again.
Personally I’d rather sEE us 3rd and progressing with a team built around Jesse, Rashers, McTombola etc than 2nd with Jose Hereforapayday, Florent de Boulevard and so on.

Unread 21-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Personally I’d rather sEE us 3rd and progressing with a team built around Jesse, Rashers, McTombola etc than 2nd with Jose Hereforapayday, Florent de Boulevard and so on.
They are... and still 2nd.

HTH.

Unread 21-04-2018, 11:13 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Bit harsh on big Florrers.

Would love to win today. It would be awful for saffers to be silenced again by another shit performance.

Unread 21-04-2018, 11:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
They are... and still 2nd.

HTH.

Unread 21-04-2018, 07:23 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Meant Watford not Everton ffs

You’ll never silence those of us who don’t want to watch shit football while Mourinho is in charge.
Yet you still pine for the manager who had us creating less chances than West From & Sunderland

Unread 21-04-2018, 07:24 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Bit harsh on big Florrers.

Would love to win today. It would be awful for saffers to be silenced again by another shit performance.
Take that bitch.

I know you wanted us to lose.

Unread 21-04-2018, 07:39 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
30 year old in the way of young talent

Ta Jose
He's 29 & better than them . Its simple

Did you want Carrick £#%&!ed off at 29 ? Matic, should he £#%&! off as well ?
Closed Thread