United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
You backed his signing. Turned on him already?

Unlike you to be flakey.
What, like hating Mourinho and calling him a checkbook manager for years before performing a complete about face and declaring him the saviour, that kind of flakey?

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:36 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What, like hating Mourinho and calling him a checkbook manager for years before performing a complete about face and declaring him the saviour, that kind of flakey?
You'd compare bashing a rival manager 4 years ago(while still rating him above fraudiola) to abandoning one of your own players a mere 3 months after arriving in the middle of a season?

Not the brightest spark are you, fella?

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
You'd compare bashing a rival manager 4 years ago(while still rating him above fraudiola) to abandoning one of your own players a mere 3 months after arriving in the middle of a season?

Not the brightest spark are you, fella?
Mess.

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:42 PM
saffers

Quote:
Mess.
Dunk once again a beaten man.

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Dunk once again a beaten man.
Yes mate, it's me that's beaten.

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:48 PM
saffers

Quote:
Yes mate, it's me that's beaten.
Whenever you post a smiley after being destroyed:

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:48 PM
dunk

Yep. That's me saffers. Definitely not you, no, not at all..

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:53 PM
saffers

Quote:
Yep. That's me saffers. Definitely not you, no, not at all..
Glad you finally dropped the smiley act pal. Seem to be a good guy when not talking hateful nonsense about our club. Hope you calm down a bit.

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Glad you finally dropped the smiley act pal. Seem to be a good guy when not talking hateful nonsense about our club. Hope you calm down a bit.
So much projection in this post

Unread 20-04-2018, 10:21 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Again, what? I noted Marco Silva was doing a decent job at Watford? Oh no, how will I ever recover?

Never rated Sanchez that highly tbh. Didn’t want him last summer, thought it was amusing that we bought him when City already thought they had him in jan, figured he could do a job on the right. Apparently not.

Edit: just checked, I made 4 posts in the Marco Silva thread, none of them mentioning him being any good
Weren't you the author of that thread ?

So you weren't happy when we signed Alexis ?

Alexis has played his best football from the left. I don't always agree with Mourinho but as he said when a player of that calibre comes along & you have the opportunity , you sign him. Rashford is very capable of playing on the right & if Martial cant handle some competition then good riddance to the miserable £#%&!.

Unread 20-04-2018, 10:31 PM
dunk

No, no I wasn’t

All Alexis has done is create a greater imbalance in the attack than there was previously. He’s nearly 30 and has played constant football for about 6 years. His best days are behind him and we’re carrying enough players, plus his signing limits the playing time of our 2 brightest sparks. It’s no councidence we’ve largely been lacklustre since his arrival.

I wouldn’t say I was excited by his arrival, I don’t ever like us signing players in their late 20’s or players from our rivals tbh. More pleased we’d nicked him off City just to prove they can’t have their way on everything more than anything. Hopeful he’d slot in on the right and bring more pace, directness, goals and creativity, maybe give us a boost for the rest of the season. Think I got into arguments on here the day he signed about his age and him not actually being that good, his tendency to lose the ball, be greedy, go missing etc.

Became apparent after about 4 games he would be doing very little of any of those things I’d hoped and if anything had made us a little worse to watch, somehow.

Hopefully a summer off (his first for £#%&!ing ages) will see him look better next season..

Unread 20-04-2018, 10:40 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
No, no I wasn’t

All Alexis has done is create a greater imbalance in the attack than there was previously. He’s nearly 30 and has played constant football for about 6 years. His best days are behind him and we’re carrying enough players, plus his signing limits the playing time of our 2 brightest sparks. It’s no councidence we’ve largely been lacklustre since his arrival.

I wouldn’t say I was excited by his arrival, I don’t ever like us signing players in their late 20’s or players from our rivals tbh. More pleased we’d nicked him off City just to prove they can’t have their way on everything more than anything. Hopeful he’d slot in on the right and bring more pace, directness, goals and creativity, maybe give us a boost for the rest of the season. Think I got into arguments on here the day he signed about his age and him not actually being that good, his tendency to lose the ball, be greedy, go missing etc.

Became apparent after about 4 games he would be doing very little of any of those things I’d hoped and if anything had made us a little worse to watch, somehow.

Hopefully a summer off (his first for £#%&!ing ages) will see him look better next season..
He really should be on the right.

Martial was playing his best football since his first season and we had a good balance with Lingard on form through the middle.

The glaring gap was the right.. often Mata, sometimes Rashford. In terms of chasing little disruption and maintaining some width, it seemed the obvious choice.

He started confidently enough (I know I know... only Yeovil and Huddersfield) but he quickly looked lost.

I don't really blame him. He's coming infield like he always does and it's hard for an attacking, creative player to consistently influence games when the team has no distinct style. It's why none of our attacking players can string much more than a handful of decent performances together.

In short, it's Mourinho's fault.

Unread 20-04-2018, 10:49 PM
Kangared

Quote:
No, no I wasn’t

As I mentioned before, he loses the ball through trying to be creative & as bad as you say he has been he has been the player who has made the most opportunities for us.
He does need a pre-seson away from football & also to get to bed in as a Utd player. Way too early to write him off . Been up there behind only maybe Hazard & Aguerro as creative attacking players in his time in the Prem. You don't just become shit overnight. He has scored a goal every 2nd game in the Premier League.

Unread 20-04-2018, 10:54 PM
dunk

I don’t care what he has done, that was his pomp, those days are gone. He’s at the starting to lose pace and think about changing his game stage.

He loses the ball because he keeps hold of it too long, dribbles down blind alleys and makes rank bad passes. He was the perfect Arsenal player tbh. Frustrating and invisible for long periods and the occasional spurt of brilliance. As his powers wane, the spurts of brilliance will become fewer and further between. Truth be told, he’s been shit all season, was easy to blame the first half on his position at Arsenal though.

Unread 20-04-2018, 11:09 PM
Kangared

"don’t care what he has done, that was his pomp, those days are gone. He’s at the starting to lose pace and think about changing his game stage."

It was less than a year ago FFS

Unread 20-04-2018, 11:12 PM
Buck

Quote:
It has become a bit of a joke to laugh at Arsenal because they made the noise 'finally we got rid of Alexis Sanchez' It’s been under-reported just how badly the whole Arsenal dressing room hated Alexis Sanchez. They really felt that he was just playing up to the camera doing all these things like ‘Oh I’m trying but nobody else is! What am I doing here?

Arsenal would put up stats inside the dressing room last year after every game showing the amount of kilometres run, the passing, and Sanchez would regularly come out with the lowest mileage run of any player in the team by a big distance. The players would just go absolutely bananas at him playing to the camera and making all these moves like ‘Oh, they’re just not worthy of me! What am I doing here?

Unread 20-04-2018, 11:24 PM
Kangared

Last season he scored 24 premier League goals & had 10 assists playing predominantly from the left side .
Couldn't give a £#%&! how many miles he covered .

Unread 20-04-2018, 11:35 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Last season he scored 24 premier League goals & had 10 assists playing predominantly from the left side .
Couldn't give a f*** how many miles he covered .
Sure but it puts some perspective to the Martial is a lazy bastard talk.

Unread 20-04-2018, 11:37 PM
Stickman

Thought Sanchez was overrated to £#%&! at Arsenal and he’s done nothing to change my opinion on him at United.

His start with us has been alarming alright.

Unread 20-04-2018, 11:42 PM
Clownbones

30 year old in the way of young talent

Ta Jose
Closed Thread