United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2018, 07:09 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
What I'd give for a player with pace like Kanchelski.
Usain bolt available on a free

Unread 17-04-2018, 09:40 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Again...not the players when your formation/tactics are SHIT.

Give him Ronaldo & Messi and we'd still be awful to watch.
He had ronaldo. They scored 120 goals and won the league.

Unread 17-04-2018, 10:57 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
He had ronaldo. They scored 120 goals and won the league.

Unread 17-04-2018, 11:05 AM
dunk

If he drops everyone who's been shit, there won't be anyone left to pick.

Unread 17-04-2018, 11:20 AM
Billy Redface

Hope he swings it round and hits himself in the head.

I dislike my own team. They can all £#%&! off. Won't be wasting my time with them tomorrow and I have no expectation for the weekend.

Bunch of insipid, dour losers.

Unread 17-04-2018, 11:25 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Hope he swings it round and hits himself in the head.

I dislike my own team. They can all £#%&! off. Won't be wasting my time with them tomorrow and I have no expectation for the weekend.

Bunch of insipid, dour losers.

Yanited

Unread 17-04-2018, 11:34 AM
Time For Heroes

How about dropping out two most ineffective players in the full backs. Considering they both used to be wingers they give us nothing going forward, especially against a team camped in their own half. Young just cuts back and aims a hopeful high cross in and Valencia will shuffle towards the full back before stopping and cutting back to whichever CM is nearest to him.

Unread 17-04-2018, 11:35 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Be surprised if he changed much tbh, if he guts the team for our last chance at a trophy and we get beat he'll get £#%&!ed for it, he won't so much have lost the dressing room as dumped it in the middle of nowhere with no phone or wallet and £#%&!ed off to his hotel.

Unread 17-04-2018, 11:37 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
How about dropping out two most ineffective players in the full backs. Considering they both used to be wingers they give us nothing going forward, especially against a team camped in their own half. Young just cuts back and aims a hopeful high cross in and Valencia will shuffle towards the full back before stopping and cutting back to whichever CM is nearest to him.
i'd love to shoot them both. Absolute shit@#%&!s

Unread 17-04-2018, 12:18 PM
sa7

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
I wholeheartedly endorse this approach to squad improvement

Unread 17-04-2018, 12:48 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
I wholeheartedly endorse this approach to squad improvement

Unread 17-04-2018, 02:41 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Be surprised if he changed much tbh, if he guts the team for our last chance at a trophy and we get beat he'll get £#%&!ed for it, he won't so much have lost the dressing room as dumped it in the middle of nowhere with no phone or wallet and £#%&!ed off to his hotel.
It doesn't matter who he brings in, he needs to change his whole approach to games or it'll just be a different group of marginalised, unmotivated disillusioned 11 men with no idea how to play or what to do.

Unread 17-04-2018, 02:46 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
It doesn't matter who he brings in, he needs to change his whole approach to games or it'll just be a different group of marginalised, unmotivated disillusioned 11 men with no idea how to play or what to do.
Let’s ignore his track record and make shit up.

Unread 17-04-2018, 02:52 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Let's shite on about his track record instead, while ignoring the bits of it we don't like.

Unread 17-04-2018, 03:01 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Let's shite on about his track record instead, while ignoring the bits of it we don't like.
It possible to acknowledge both the good and bad aspects. The idea this united team is representative of mourinho’s past teams and won’t improve is ridiculous. “marginalised, unmotivated disillusioned 11 men with no idea how to play or what to do” is not an accurate representation of mourinho’s teams.

Unread 17-04-2018, 03:12 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Pardon ?

Watch Saturdays game again and most of our matches this season and point out what's made up about that.

Quote:
It possible to acknowledge both the good and bad aspects. The idea this united team is representative of mourinho’s past teams and won’t improve is ridiculous. “marginalised, unmotivated disillusioned 11 men with no idea how to play or what to do” is not an accurate representation of mourinho’s teams.
It's an accurate representation of his current one, two years in to the job.

It's generally how we look, with the occasional exception, usually when we're boxed in to a corner.

And when it's questioned, he puts it ALL on the players (I know how to win...) and tells us we have no recent heritage (hasn't stopped Liverpool and Roma reaching the semi finals of the CL).

We have our moments. Last week, but that was fifteen minute spell when we had little choice but to go for it..... and it only acts as a reminder of what we're actually capable of. Saturday: back to the default.

Maybe he'll turn it round. I don't know and I don't really care. He's annoying the shit out of me, I don't like him. I don't like his squad. I don't like the way he plays.

I've respected him from afar, but never envied his style and hoped for it at the club. When he got here, I thought he would be smart enough to adapt. Instead, he's doubled down and gone on the defensive (literally and figuratively).

I have no genuine hope for the remainder of this season or next season. I think the best we can hope for is to become a better version of what we currently are. Which is £#%&!in boring..

I was done with him after the Sevilla debacle.

If you're not, good for you.

Unread 17-04-2018, 03:14 PM
andyroo

Quote:
It's a fairly good description of this one.

His "track record" has him delivering by now and going bonkers next season.

Unread 17-04-2018, 03:40 PM
utd99

For good or ill we’ve thrown in with Mourinho now and we have to back him. Of course the buck stops with him if the players he brought in were the wrong ones, but in mitigation it’s very hard to know how they will react mentally when they play at OT. Part of the reason City have been so successful this season is because PG didn’t let the grass grow under his feet and the board backed him to do it. He knows Hart is shit, so he bins him double quick and brings in Bravo. Bravo is shit so he bins him as well and brings in Tattoo boy. He indentifies the full back area as a weakness so he bins Kolorov, Zabaletta, Sagna and Clichy and spends a ridiculous amount of money on Walker, Mendy etc. There’s none of this ‘ooooh he’s been a good servant, or give him time’ bullshit. Not good enough? Wrong attitude? Out.

We’ve all been watching United a long time. We know the problem areas and the players who are not good enough - certainly to take you to the next level- and yet here they all still are, stinking the gaff up.

We need to differentiate between players being good enough in individual games -or a three game stretch- and good enough overall. So long as we keep bigging up deficient players because they scored a good goal here and there, or had Salah in their pocket in a good win we’ll continue to lose ground year on year.

Unread 17-04-2018, 03:48 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Thing is if he sticks to his best XI and it goes wrong he can blame the players, if he plays a side with The Scottish Player, Fellaini, people who don't usually get a game at full back and someone in place of Sanchez (he may get away with that one) and we get battered there's no way he can turn around then and blame the players.

Plus we're only mathematically guaranteed top 5 at this point, so if he does properly lose the dressing room (this ship may have sailed already) a late season collapse like the one he encouraged last year wouldn't be very clever.

Unread 17-04-2018, 03:48 PM
jem

we need to differentiate between the players not being good enough and the manager not being good enough.
Closed Thread