United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Zorg

A legend, but hand on heart it tainted things seeing him in that city kit, screaming his head off when they beat us. I wouldn't say it negates his incredible feats with United completely, but I definitely didn't look at him the same way after that.

Unread 26-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Fountz

Thumbs up Agree..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
100% legend in my eyes.Greatest keeper to grace the English game and the best keeper iv ever witnessed myself.

Couldnt give a £#%&! what he got up to once he left the club.
just saying on Tuesday night, that he would of

a. saved at least the second from Kaka

and

b. wouldn't even have allowed the defence to £#%&! up in the first place.

Remember the 96 run-in..

Himself and Eric put performance after performance in, in an effort to catch Newcastle. Between them they almost willed us to the title.

Unread 26-04-2007, 11:47 AM
shyteds

By all accounts the bloke has as much personality off the field as Stinks of Piss.

No one can dispute his loyalty to the club whilst he was here. When he moved on he was as loyal to his new club as he was to United. Called professionalism I believe mate. Hurt like hell to see him celebrating that goal against us.

What would you think if Rooney scores against Everton and does not celebrate?

His time at United made him a United legend IMHO.

Unread 26-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Brilliant keeper but bit of a tit as a bloke.

No legend, but file under the "David Beckham" category of player. Brilliant but fundementally flawed.

Unread 26-04-2007, 12:16 PM
puressence

best keeper ive seen bar southall ..

but never a legend a complete @#%&! the day he celebrated with those @#%&!s at maine rd

Unread 26-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
best keeper ive seen bar southall ..

but never a legend a complete @#%&! the day he celebrated with those @#%&!s at maine rd
oh do shut up

Unread 26-04-2007, 12:36 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
oh do shut up
southall>schmeichal

Unread 26-04-2007, 12:44 PM
dodger

Quote:
southall>schmeichal
No. Once a binman always a binman.

Unread 26-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
southall>schmeichal
No chance Sir Wumsalot

Unread 26-04-2007, 12:51 PM
puressence

Quote:
No chance Sir Wumsalot
by a country mile ..ask our expert goalie grimson who was better

Unread 26-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Flowers of Manchester

Schmeichel - best keeper ever I would say.

Unfortunately not a legend of MUFC imho.

To celebrate those goals against us, the way he did was way out of order...nowt wrong in being professional but celebrate they way he did

Unread 26-04-2007, 01:08 PM
TreeFiddy

History repeating itself....

http://www.utdforum.com/showthread.php?t=13090

Legend. nft.

Unread 26-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
A legend, but hand on heart it tainted things seeing him in that city kit, screaming his head off when they beat us. I wouldn't say it negates his incredible feats with United completely, but I definitely didn't look at him the same way after that.
Sums it up perfect for me too.

Unread 26-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Sloppy

Shit dancer to boot.

Unread 26-04-2007, 01:27 PM
edwin

If a player serves this club the way Schmieichel did, they can act as much of a @#%&! as they like after they have left in my book.

Most footballers are not very nice people anyway.
Anyway, Schmeichel was never a United supporter, just an employee.

If I did a piece of business today that put one over on one of my previous employers, I'm not going to walk around the rest of the day as if someone has just shot my dog.

Don't quote the Lawman, as he was an exception to the rule, and is obviously a not nicer bloke than Schmeichel is.
However, they both contributed a lot to the cause, and for that I will always be grateful.

Judge them only as players. For every Ole or Scholes there are a thouseand Richardsons.

Unread 26-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyteds
By all accounts the bloke has as much personality off the field as Stinks of Piss.

No one can dispute his loyalty to the club whilst he was here. When he moved on he was as loyal to his new club as he was to United. Called professionalism I believe mate. Hurt like hell to see him celebrating that goal against us.

What would you think if Rooney scores against Everton and does not celebrate?
His time at United made him a United legend IMHO.
What he said.

If Rooney didn't celebrate after a goal against Everton you'd all be calling him a Scouse bastard who's not into United.

Schmikes captained the team that won the European cup and was the best goalkeeper in the club's history. If that doesn't warrant legend status then what does?

[SIZE="5"]LEGEND

Unread 26-04-2007, 03:06 PM
sudored

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodMan
I dont dispute he was a great keeper

Just not a United legend IMO

And that Denis Law argument is flawed - did you see him celebrating? I dont think so - he was gutted
thatys what i said it looked like he had just killed his nan

Unread 26-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Serenity Now

He may be a bit of a @#%&!, but what he did for our club makes him a legend for me.

[YOUTUBE]c1M4J9NNfYo[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 26-04-2007, 03:54 PM
koppas

Became a @#%&! the minute he spoke to his agent after our ECL win in 99, asking what deal he had lined up.

Unread 26-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Rupert Pupkin

Quote:
100% legend in my eyes.Greatest keeper to grace the English game and the best keeper iv ever witnessed myself.

Couldnt give a £#%&! what he got up to once he left the club.
even if it was against manchester united?
Closed Thread