United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2018, 07:00 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Absolutely. What probably doesn't help is that Fergie's approach was unsustainable without him. Like it or not these days even attacking football is somewhat structured in some regard, whether it's Guardiola's style of Klopp's orchestrated pressing system.

Fergie maintained an authority and a man management style than meant controlling the dressing room was easy, even without much tactical preparation. But after he left we were probably always going to need to experience a revolution of training and tactical approach. That needed the club to be fully aware of what they wanted to build, and a commitment to it.

Instead they've essentially just thrown money at it.

Great post, I agree.

I'll be honest, I didn't want Jose when he was appointed, but I can understand why some did, he’s a proven winner. Two trophies, three if you want to count the Community Shield last season, back in the Champions League, lying 2nd in the Premier League and a possible cup final this season, all of which constitute a vast improvement on the Moyes/van Gaal era’s. Weirdo that I am though, I’d swap the lot for a scintillating, exciting attacking football team wearing the shirts.

This isn't meant to be an anti-Mourinho rant by the way, Jose is what he is. It's an anti-Woodward and anti-board rant. Unfortunately, I think that people who think like me had better get used to the idea that there won't be a change coming soon. There is no way that Woodward will admit that he has made three mistakes in five years and because the Glazers only care about the bottom line, and frankly they are doing fine in that department.

Unread 20-04-2018, 03:57 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
I don't doubt he'll get results andyroo, he already has, but Mourinho has never - not at Porto, Chelsea, Inter, Madrid or Chelsea Mk II - produced sides that excite or enthral.

Mourinho as we all know produces functional, organised sides that win but we'll have to sacrifice entertainment for it. Anybody who's expecting any attacking fluidity and team harmony (because if there's one thing Mourinho brings to every job it's bruised egos) can forget it.
You genuinely don’t think his Chelsea teams that won titles were entertaining enough? Nor his Real Madrid team that won the title?

Unread 20-04-2018, 05:17 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
You genuinely don’t think his Chelsea teams that won titles were entertaining enough? Nor his Real Madrid team that won the title?
I think they were Jose's best sides Dodger, both superb defensive sides with lethal counter-attacking abilities.

Perhaps i'm being a bit one-sided and intolerant of him but no matter how you look at it there is something deeply uninspiring and boring about Utd nowadays for me.

Unread 20-04-2018, 10:56 AM
saffers

The dunk myth still flowering huh?

Falcao, RvP, Rooney, Mata, Memphis, Januzaj, Martial, Lingard, Rashford.

No attacking talent though and we must understand why we scored so few goals under lvg's reign. Reason why we score a lot more now under "negative" mourinho is due to us having more attackers?(lie)

Unread 20-04-2018, 10:57 AM
Whip Hubley

Saffers laying some truth mines for some poor unsuspecting LVGite to stand on....

Unread 20-04-2018, 10:58 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Saffers laying some truth mines for some poor unsuspecting LVGite to stand on....

Unread 20-04-2018, 11:08 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Falcao, RvP, Rooney, Mata, Memphis, Januzaj, Martial, Lingard, Rashford.

No attacking talent though and we must understand why we scored so few goals under lvg's reign. Reason why we score a lot more now under "negative" mourinho is due to us having more attackers?(lie)
Don't forget Di Maria pal.

Unread 20-04-2018, 11:21 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Don't forget Di Maria pal.
Remember how mint he was before he got it all coached out of him by November. I mean

Unread 20-04-2018, 11:37 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Remember how mint he was before he got it all coached out of him by November. I mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNrNqTVQLh4
Played his best football under Mou iirc?

Right player wrong manager? Not for me to say.

Unread 20-04-2018, 11:38 AM
dunk

Quote:

Falcao, RvP, Rooney, Mata

Past it and a bit shit..

Memphis, Januzaj, Martial, Lingard, Rashford..

Kids and potential.

Not to mention that not all were available at the same time.

£#%&! me you're dumb. And boring, £#%&!ing boring.

Unread 20-04-2018, 02:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Played his best football under Mou iirc?
Ancelotti tbf.

Like most of the Chelsea players

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:19 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Ancelotti tbf.

Like most of the Chelsea players
Ask any chelsea fan which side they preferred, 04-06 or 09-11.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Falcao, RvP, Rooney, Mata

Past it and a bit shit..

Memphis, Januzaj, Martial, Lingard, Rashford..

Kids and potential.

Not to mention that not all were available at the same time.

£#%&! me you're dumb. And boring, £#%&!ing boring.
Upset status confirmed. You lose the argument when you get angry like this. Pity to see.

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Upset status confirmed. You lose the argument when you get angry like this. Pity to see.
Lol.

Quote:
Dont forget when lvg sticks his manhood in your ear.

Sore ear.
Mess.

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:34 PM
saffers

Quote:
Lol.

Mess.
Not the same thing pal. Your post was key hammering rant. My post was simply factual and light hearted.

You are angry and ready for tomorrow. The sad thing is you will be wishing for a United loss because you sure as hell wouldn't enjoy another Mou triumph.

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Not the same thing pal. Your post was key hammering rant. My post was simply factual and light hearted.

You are angry and ready for tomorrow. The sad thing is you will be wishing for a United loss because you sure as hell wouldn't enjoy another Mou triumph.
wtf? You've always been unstable but are plumbing new depths recently Absolute mess.

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:41 PM
saffers

Quote:
wtf? You've always been unstable but are plumbing new depths recently Absolute mess.
A lot of projection packed into a very short post. Impressive work as ever pumpkinboy.

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
A lot of projection packed into a very short post. Impressive work as ever pumpkinboy.
Oh dear

Unread 20-04-2018, 07:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Ask any chelsea fan which side they preferred, 04-06 or 09-11.....
Oh no doubt, the first would be more special.

Ancelotti's Chelsea side are probably the only one since the takeover that actually played entertaining football though. Didn't they have the goals record until this season?

Unread 06-08-2018, 11:47 PM
saffers

Unread 07-08-2018, 09:10 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Fascinating.
Closed Thread