United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-04-2018, 11:12 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Sad to see jemmers being utterly pulverised here tbh. Or perhaps not, as the case may be.

Unread 16-04-2018, 11:50 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Sad to see jemmers being utterly pulverised here tbh. Or perhaps not, as the case may be.
like being pulverised by a cheese slice.

Unread 17-04-2018, 06:44 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
How many times did Sanchez have Young overlapping him and not even look to play him in. The one full back in the squad that can actually cross a ball and he didn’t look up once. That’s not a system problem, it’s just £#%&!ing sloppy.
Youngs problem is that at LB he has to always come inside to cross & it makes it easy for decent defenders to stop.We need a quality left footed LB who can put in a decent delivery.

Tend to agree with jem on this one, so often Alexis created that bit of space & looked up to see nothing but Rom staring blankly at him feet planted 4 feet apart.

Unread 17-04-2018, 02:56 PM
browser

It's time to change the "Woke up this morning feeling fine" tune by now surely?

"Jose's playing the way that we knew he would..

No flair...

Woodward, sell these #@&%!s they're all £#%&!ing duds"

Unread 17-04-2018, 10:48 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
It's time to change the "Woke up this morning feeling fine" tune by now surely?

"Jose's playing the way that we knew he would..

No flair...

Woodward, sell these #@&%!s they're all f***ing duds"
God I hate that song with a passion. Have since day one. Vile in every way.

Unread 18-04-2018, 07:42 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
sanchez is a good player and he is putting in the effort. he's wriggled free and made space for himself plenty of times against west brom. the problem is he's doing it in a creative role and there's usually no one moving for him. he needs to be doing it further forward or we need intelligent players making themselves available when he finds space. if sanchez is a failure.... and he is largely ineffective.... it is a system failure. in the first half against city, he was invisible. lingard too. no idea what they were meant to be doing. that's the real problem. second half he contributed because others (pogba) came alive. mourinho got us a player we didn't need because he was available. what we need is a couple of dynamic midfielders. sanchez, lingard, mata, rashford, martial, pogba (!)... got plenty of those. and mou won't play sanchez instead of lukaku.

Agreed, I honestly don't think there was a need to sign Sanchez? I'm not doubting that he's a great player by the way jem, but his signing has quite obviously destabilized the team.

Unread 18-04-2018, 07:43 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
God I hate that song with a passion. Have since day one. Vile in every way.

it really is.
£#%&!ing rank.

Unread 18-04-2018, 09:37 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

Agreed, I honestly don't think there was a need to sign Sanchez? I'm not doubting that he's a great player by the way jem, but his signing has quite obviously destabilized the team.
Didn’t we all think there was? Mainly to solve the right side issue. Crazy playing him left when you have martial and rashford. I’m pretty sure we all expected more of an instant impact too.

Unread 18-04-2018, 11:03 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Didn’t we all think there was?
not really. if you can find your way between the piano playing, joy at stealing a city target and swapping mkhi, there are even comments about there being little chance of him playing on the right.

Unread 18-04-2018, 11:47 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Didn’t we all think there was? Mainly to solve the right side issue. Crazy playing him left when you have martial and rashford. I’m pretty sure we all expected more of an instant impact too.

Agreed, Sanchez on the right, Dodger.

Martial and Rashford were playing very well in the first part of the season because there was competition between the two of them. Since Sanchez has arrived Mourinho doesn't know where exactly to play both of them and they now have limited playing time because their style of play fits the left wing and that's appears to be Sanchez's position too now.

Unread 18-04-2018, 04:42 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Not like we were producing brilliant scintillating football on a regular basis before he arrived tbf........

Unread 18-04-2018, 05:30 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not like we were producing brilliant scintillating football on a regular basis before he arrived tbf........

That is true ric. Personally I'd like to see Sanchez given a go at playing just behind Lukaku or even as the main striker but as a wide player no, I much prefer martial and Rashford myself.

Unread 18-04-2018, 06:10 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

it really is.
£#%&!ing rank.
Says now bad it is when Andy Jacobs takes the piss out of it on talksport.

Unread 18-04-2018, 09:56 PM
sub three hours

Sanchez did a cracking job of impersonating one of those seated garden gnomes tonight.

Unread 21-04-2018, 07:29 PM
sub three hours

Credit where it's due Sanchez played his heart out today

Unread 21-04-2018, 07:32 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Never stopped today. Probing for openings, covering and was falling backwards when he scored with that header

Unread 21-04-2018, 07:33 PM
AK14

Thumbs up

Well, he came good today that’s for sure

Unread 21-04-2018, 07:34 PM
saffers

Will score in the final as well.

Anyone not rating him is mental. Will obviously come good soon.

Unread 21-04-2018, 07:35 PM
Kangared

Quote:
I have never seen him do anything less than that

Unread 21-04-2018, 07:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
He has since he arrived......