United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-04-2018, 07:48 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Ferguson's last season undoubtedly salted the field for those that followed him in terms of expectations, but f*** me for the money we've spent and the alleged pedigree of our last two manager's our performance has been abject, this season has been better in terms of league position but our football is as bad as it's ever been, that's not an overreaction to Sunday, both Seville legs, Huddersfield away league, Stoke away, Burnley away, taking 84 minutes to score against Derby in the FA Cup, Spurs, Bournemouth and Brighton in the league were all f***ing awful.

Give Mourinho another season and Martial and possibly Rashford are likely gone or on the brink because of lack of games, ditto Herrera and Blind, Pogba will be on the outs and we'll likely have 6 international centre halves at the club. Matic will be wrong side of 30, The Scottish Player will still be an honest tryer.

You can say Herrera, Pogba and Blind are shitc***s and frauds but you're still spending big money just to stand still in terms of squad depth, if Martial and Rashford are gone or going you're relying on Sanchez being able to carry the same workload as he ticks over 30 as well as spending big to replace the teams future.

Matic sort of made sense as a bit of experience in the middle of the park, but Lindelof is ropey as f*** and Sanchez is a player you buy if Martial and Rashford are injured and you're fighting a close run title race, which we never were, so as it is he's a waste of £400k a week, he's basically a Latino Mkhitaryan except he runs down blind alleys more urgently and tries fancy flicks around the box for longer without losing heart.

Pochettino, Guardiola and Klopp have all taken on squads bought players to improve them, introduced a recognisable system of play and made the existing players better. Mourinho took over a squad, bought players that improved them on paper, appears to have no recognisable system of play and in a lot of cases appears to be making players worse.

Sean Dyche can make a team hard to beat, Manchester United should have loftier f***ing aims.
Aye but Utd have only won once in the last five home games against West Brom. Three defeats and a 0-0.

This is football heritage.

Unread 16-04-2018, 11:06 PM
red in cumbria

That is a staggering statistic tbh.

Unread 18-04-2018, 08:39 AM
RemisMoses

Just listened to Jose presser after the game

Jose said he brought Pogba off because he was in a 2 at weekend and it was too much of a risk as he had a yellow.

Yet when the same midfield turned out against Newcastle Jose insisted it was a 3 (lingard was the 3rd midfielder) so Pogba was playing in his preferred position.

Its almost as if Jose see's what he wants to see in order to fit his crappy agenda.

Unread 18-04-2018, 08:45 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses

Jose said he brought Pogba off because he was in a 2 at weekend and it was too much of a risk as he had a yellow.

Yet when the same midfield turned out against Newcastle Jose insisted it was a 3 (lingard was the 3rd midfielder) so Pogba was playing in his preferred position.

Its almost as if Jose see's what he wants to see in order to fit his crappy agenda.
He had already taken Herrera off.

He does say any old bullshit, true, but on This particular occasion it wasn't quite that flagrant. Still inexcusable obviously.

Unread 18-04-2018, 08:47 AM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

He does say any old bullshit, true, but on This particular occasion it wasn't quite that flagrant. Still inexcusable obviously.

He did and replaced him with Lingard just like he brought lingard on at Newcastle (For mata I think) But that matic.lingard and pogba was a 3 yet Sunday it was a 2. Lingard did not play anymore advanced on Sunday.

Unread 18-04-2018, 08:56 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Obviously

Unread 18-04-2018, 09:33 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses

He also said that he could smell that the players weren't up for it after saying in his pre-match presser that they were because he had changed the training routine. He also told us again how many titles he has won.
I don't like not liking the Utd managers, I stuck by Louis a lot longer than I should but I am finding more & more reasons to dislike Jose & I was delighted when we got him.
Still think we are heading in the right direction player wise, but unfortunately the guy who's choosing these players is also holding them back

Unread 18-04-2018, 10:22 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Still think we are heading in the right direction player wise

Unread 18-04-2018, 12:15 PM
sa7

Hats off to you lads still discussing this festival of spakkery. I don't know how you drum up the enthusiasm or energy.

Just thinking about Sunday's game sucks the life from me.

Unread 18-04-2018, 04:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
He also said that he could smell that the players weren't up for it after saying in his pre-match presser that they were because he had changed the training routine. He also told us again how many titles he has won
Tbf I'm not sure what he should have said instead there, really. He was clearly hoping for a better performance than the utterly lamentable showing that actually transpired.