United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-08-2022, 11:17 AM
ragnorak

Default Rooney has some advice for Ten Hag

Wayne dropping truth bombs aots, especially the bit at the end about Fergie dealing with defeat.

Times article text below

https://archive.ph/kG8OP

Unread 21-08-2022, 11:19 AM
windy waffles

Maybe use some of his own advice as his side got thumped 6-0 last night against Philadelphia.

Unread 21-08-2022, 11:24 AM
Dr Stranger

Well he did do an absolutely incredible job at Derby.

Unread 21-08-2022, 11:32 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Maybe use some of his own advice as his side got thumped 6-0 last night against Philadelphia.

Unread 21-08-2022, 11:33 AM
ragnorak

I did smile at him saying, 'coaches like me and Ten Hag...'

I reckon one of them gets dropped tomorrow, Rashford most likely. He has to make changes surely

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:11 PM
saffers

Red legend who has had an impressive coaching career so far.

He isnt slating ETH.

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Red legend who has had an impressive coaching career so far.

He isnt slating ETH.

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:16 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I wasn't joking actually.

What he did at Derby was mental.

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:19 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Say what you like about Rooney, but he never left the pitch wearing our shirt having given less than everything.

I reckon he knows a bluffer when he sees one, and it seems to me he sees plenty in our squad.

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:21 PM
Pop

"Harry Maguire will always try"

Stopped reading there.

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:24 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Say what you like about Rooney, but he never left the pitch wearing our shirt having given less than everything.

I reckon he knows a bluffer when he sees one, and it seems to me he sees plenty in our squad.
Utter nonsense.

He phoned it in the last 3 years.

Still though did an amazing job getting Derby relegated.

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:28 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Utter nonsense.

He didn’t phone it in, his legs were gone you £#%&!ing div. He’d spent 15 years running himself into the ground.

Tried to reinvent himself as a deep lying midfielder but didn’t have the time on the ball he needed in the Premier League due to other teams playing high pressing.

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:33 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Utter nonsense.

He’d been playing non stop since 16, I don’t think he phoned it in at all, I think the years had caught up with him. He played midfield for us at the end (shows how long we’ve been neglecting that area) and though we criticised him at the time, I’d kill to have him there over the likes of the Scottish player.

Still had a few great moments at the tail end of his career here too.

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I wasn't joking actually.

What he did at Derby was mental.
Yeah the way he took them from relegation certainties to just relegated really is one for the Grandchildren.

1. Derby, 22
2. Moscow, 08

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:37 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He’d been playing non stop since 16, I don’t think he phoned it in at all, I think the years had caught up with him. He played midfield for us at the end (shows how long we’ve been neglecting that area) and though we criticised him at the time, I’d kill to have him there over the likes of the Scottish player.

Here he is phoning it in against Palace in the cup final.

Just gone behind with not long left, the team on the floor and he thinks “nah £#%&! this, not having it” and grabs them by the scruff of the neck and drags them back into the game.

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:39 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
He didn’t phone it in, his legs were gone you f***ing div. He’d spent 15 years running himself into the ground.

Tried to reinvent himself as a deep lying midfielder but didn’t have the time on the ball he needed in the Premier League due to other teams playing high pressing.
He was a £#%&!ing joke. Utter dogshit in midfield and made the Scottish player look like £#%&!ing Roy Keane. Still again can't argue with what he did at Derby, never seen a team relegated in such glory.

Now we've got the silly alcoholic scouse @#%&! telling ETH how to run the club while his yank outfit are bottom of the league getting slapped 6 nil.

Quote:
Here he is phoning it in against Palace in the cup final.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-GLe0jtBwd8

Just gone behind with not long left, the team on the floor and he thinks “nah f*** this, not having it” and grabs them by the scruff of the neck and drags them back into the game.
He was literally the worst player on the pitch in that game

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

He didn’t phone it in at any point. He lost form and confidence and struggled to adapt to a different role once his legs went. When confidence goes, player lose that bit of bounce and aggression. For someone like Rooney who thrives off that, it’ll look very much like he’s phoning if they lose that bit of edge.

Quote:
He was a £#%&!ing joke. Utter dogshit in midfield and made the Scottish player look like £#%&!ing Roy Keane. Still again can't argue with what he did at Derby, never seen a team relegated in such glory.

Now we've got the silly alcoholic scouse @#%&! telling ETH how to run the club while his yank outfit are bottom of the league getting slapped 6 nil

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:46 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:

Now we've got the silly alcoholic scouse @#%&! telling ETH how to run the club while his yank outfit are bottom of the league getting slapped 6 nil.

Ah, so you’re an idiot. If you’d just told me that straight away I wouldn’t have bothered engaging.

You have yourself a cracking day.

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:49 PM
Joe Biden

The Scottish player > Rooney last year's.

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:52 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Awful way to talk about a club legend.
Closed Thread