United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
A lot of vitriol is spewed at reporters and journalists in the media by us football fans, every little slight our hyper acute sensibilities detect becomes an immediate grave insult, a person attack and slap in the face and it ends up with fans of every club unfairly and sometimes maliciously attacking men and women who are doing their jobs in a fair and even handed way.

Manys the time I've been on here and seen some comment by people about how every football journalist being banned from OT would be wonderful or how one writer or another on Sky's Sunday Supplement is a transparent united hating scoundrel who needs stabbing/filling in/shooting and I've just thought
"Really? Is he actually that bad in the grand scheme of things?"
In the case of Alan Green I clicked on this thread, with his name and a thumb up, in a hurry and am disappointed that he's been binned off by the BBC because I was hoping it would be telling me he'd died.
The man's excrement.

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:06 PM
ScarFace

2004: Censured by broadcasting regulator Ofcom after suggesting Cameroonian midfielder Eric Djemba-Djemba spoke in pidjin English. In an exchange with the referee, Green believed Djemba-Djemba said 'me no cheat' to the official.
Ofcom said: 'The suggestion that a black player was incapable of speaking grammatical English was inappropriate.'

Now thats bullshit. Nothing to do with him being £#%&!ing black, it's because English isn't his first language.

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:33 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
2004: Censured by broadcasting regulator Ofcom after suggesting Cameroonian midfielder Eric Djemba-Djemba spoke in pidjin English. In an exchange with the referee, Green believed Djemba-Djemba said 'me no cheat' to the official.
Ofcom said: 'The suggestion that a black player was incapable of speaking grammatical English was inappropriate.'

Now thats bullshit. Nothing to do with him being £#%&!ing black, it's because English isn't his first language.
He didn't have to mimic a baboon whilst making the statement though.:shakehead:

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:35 PM
dodger

I see there's no mention of him effectively getting Mark Saggers the sack after falling out with him in a very childish manner, refusing to speak to him and being generally un-professional on air. What a £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Stupid scouse fathead.

That looks like a normal sized face in a £#%&!in big fat head. I've never seen a head anything like that.

What an ugly £#%&!er he is

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:43 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
In the case of Alan Green I clicked on this thread, with his name and a thumb up, in a hurry and am disappointed that he's been binned off by the BBC because I was hoping it would be telling me he'd died.
Me too. I was hoping for death but cancer or Operation Yewtree would have also sufficed. Gutted if I'm honest.

Unread 11-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Harfynn Teuport

£#%&!ing hell - faces for radio

Unread 11-04-2013, 03:16 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harfynn Teuport

That £#%&!ing still gets me.

Unread 11-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
never listened to anything he's ever done.
this.

dont know why people listen to sports talkshows etc on the radio. put some music on ffs.

Unread 11-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Switching Off

This @#%&! is crying out for a Twitter parody.

Unread 11-04-2013, 03:49 PM
otbarney

Quote:

How the £#%&! did get a tie to fit him, unless he knotted two together.

Unread 11-04-2013, 04:08 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
this.

dont know why people listen to sports talkshows etc on the radio. put some music on ffs.
Handy for the match if you're not near a TV

Unread 11-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Handy for the match if you're not near a TV
you should be able to get it on your phone tbh?

Unread 11-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Jethro

Quote:

That £#%&!ing jacket

Unread 11-04-2013, 04:17 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
this.

Love a bit of Talk Radio tbf
TalkSport used to be very good until they went all 'White Van Man' /West Ham centric & bombed out all the actual radio presenters in favour of shit ex-Footballers.
5-Live is occasionally decent, if incredibly pro-Liverpool in general.

Unread 11-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Love a bit of Talk Radio tbf
TalkSport used to be very good until they went all 'White Van Man' /West Ham centric & bombed out all the actual radio presenters in favour of shit ex-Footballers.
5-Live is occasionally decent, if incredibly pro-Liverpool in general.
just dont get it personally.

i cant think of anything worse than hearing some #@&%!s opinion of a game etc.

then you get the phone ins and less eloquent #@&%!s ring up and give their opinion

Unread 11-04-2013, 04:23 PM
dodger

Quote:
you should be able to get it on your phone tbh?
Not on my phone. Not on a saturday. Nor do I have a Sky subscription. Also not a good idea while driving.

Edit: I enjoy listening to it burble away anyway. You'e right about the phone ins though.

Unread 11-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Zorg

The five live football programme is generally good until the phone-in, which is utterly tedious.

'Yeah hi, I just want to talk about England's prospe -" *off*

Unread 11-04-2013, 04:32 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
The five live football programme is generally good until the phone-in, which is utterly tedious.

Unread 11-04-2013, 04:32 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Yep, I like to hear (sensible) people discuss the game with no bias or agenda - because Football's a great talking point nqat
But once the phone lines are open it's carnage - "Tim's on the line, he's on his way back from Gillingham v Cheltenham, how was it today Tim?..." :slitwrists:
Closed Thread