United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-11-2009, 05:54 PM
plopborsky

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Chelsea v United thread. (Teams, links + doom)

bring on the little scouse elf later on to win it nft

MUFC One Love

The referee has been a disgrace, he clearly doesn't have the bottle for it. We have bossed this match with the time and space we have had we should be winning. Our main issue with these big away games is how sloppy and complacent we are, you cannot simply give the ball away so easily when you're attacking 'cos you will concede at the other end within seconds in these big away games. Giggs and Evra have been the worse culprits.

It's also evident Carrick is on borrowed time tbh, I doubt he will be here next summer. His head has clearly gone imo.

Zorg

Saw 3.8 seconds of that half. United played well in two of those seconds.

Unread 08-11-2009, 05:55 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Would sub Obertan in for Valencia and Owen for Giggs.
Valencia has been one of our best players, he's got more joy from Cole than even Ronaldo did ffs. Cole hasn't had a kick today tbh. I would take Giggs off though.

ralph

Stick Obertan on last half hour, he looks more creative than any of our midfield five so far.

Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
*phew*

we got through that 1st half alright.

brown and evans doing really well, especially Brown, surprised me.

Rooney up top on his own, no support but we knew that already. playing alright though.

valencia needs to test a.cole a bit more though, looks scared to run him on the outside.
He's looked scared to take on a defender for the last few games. The one time he tried to take on a defender today, should have resulted in a penalty.

We're playing better than I expected to. The 5 man midfield is working well. Rooney does look a bit isolated but we're still getting a few half chances.

We need to stop Anelka though, he's the only player for them who's making things happen.

Unread 08-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
£#%&! sake Rooney. Greedy bastard.

How many more times will we get in such positions? Not many.
Quote:
Exactly, people like Ronnie, Lampard and Steven Gerrard have tons of shots on goal, im glad that Carrick is finally trying.

He will score more goals if he takes more chances, obviously.
Quote:
Giggsy might aswell wear blue for the last 10 minutes

These are just from this page of the thread. Far too unsubtle to be a good wum, sad @#%&!.

Unread 08-11-2009, 05:57 PM
History

Why isnt Valencia taking on Cole? Because cole is world class and is constantly not letting him down outside, where as Terry very rarely comes up against a winger, as soon as valencia sniffed the outside he was in.

When Ashley cole opens up he will get in.

Unread 08-11-2009, 05:58 PM
wonky no

£#%&!ing excellent half. the shit decision by the linesman in the first half cost us a goal. that apart i think evans, fletcher and valencia have been marvelous for us. we have had chelsea looking like they playing with a ball of larva.

carrick has gone mental! 4 shots at goal?!! its good to see but i can't help thinking that if it had been gibbo hitting them we'd have bagged 2.

ando is still giving too much time to essien in midfield, he needs to be tighter. rooney has been a menace around their box but andersons not been giving him an option quick enough. giggs should use his right foot more when playing centrally but that chance he hit over the bar was the right thing to do.

even game, evra is £#%&!ing brilliant.

hopkins

That's right Jamie, a definite penalty, first time you've ever made sense

rebelcountyred

Quote:
Would sub Obertan in for Valencia and Owen for Giggs.

MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Why isnt Valencia taking on Cole? Because cole is world class and is constantly not letting him down outside, where as Terry very rarely comes up against a winger, as soon as valencia sniffed the outside he was in.

Yep, are people forgetting Ronaldo always did £#%&! all against Cole?

Like I say, Valencia is playing well imo, he is keeping Cole occupied and Cole clearly don't fancy the physical battle with Valencia.

Rooney has been so sloppy again, he has done my £#%&!ing head in the last few weeks.

Unread 08-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If we had berbatov up front on his own we'd do so much better. Wayne is a worker but he cannot play up front on his own. Shame.
i disagree. cant remember the last time he played well up top on his own.

rooney is doing alright.

Unread 08-11-2009, 05:59 PM
borsuk

tremendous display first half, 55% possession, camped in their area for much of the time and looking dangerous up front. too many good performances to list them all really but the m/f three of anderson, carrick and especially fletcher is dominating the game.

i don't know about anderson and fabregas but fletcher shits on essien most times they meet. what a £#%&!ing player he has become. incredibly fast to close down, anticipates their passing, forcing mistakes all over the place. did he misplace a single pass?

good display from rooney as well. he is capable of playing the lone striker role provided he gets decent service from midfield. chelsea are struggling with his movement, very intelligent ways he's showing for the ball.

as per usual, penalty not given, offside wrongly given and chelsea getting away with a lot of shirt tugging and obstruction in and around their area.

more of the same please lads.

Unread 08-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Lok

Carrick has been excellent at breaking up play. He does seem a bit trigger happy with his shooting but it's the best I've seen him play this season.

Unread 08-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

you got a point there. Ronnie hardly ripped a.cole a new one whenever he come up against him.

valencia's tracking back has been pretty good though.

rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If we had berbatov up front on his own we'd do so much better. Wayne is a worker but he cannot play up front on his own. Shame.
yup shame it is. but we have to do with what we have. and i think we have done what we could have bar a goal. certainly miles better than anfailed.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
tremendous display first half, 55% possession, camped in their area for much of the time and looking dangerous up front. too many good performances to list them all really but the m/f three of anderson, carrick and especially fletcher is dominating the game.

i don't know about anderson and fabregas but fletcher shits on essien most times they meet. what a £#%&!ing player he has become. incredibly fast to close down, anticipates their passing, forcing mistakes all over the place. did he misplace a single pass?

good display from rooney as well. he is capable of playing the lone striker role provided he gets decent service from midfield. chelsea are struggling with his movement, very intelligent ways he's showing for the ball.

as per usual, penalty not given, offside wrongly given and chelsea getting away with a lot of shirt tugging and obstruction in and around their area.

I just hope we don't throw all this hard work away by going to sleep for a couple of seconds and allowing drogba or anelka a sniff.

BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

just saved me writing my own analysis, cheers borsukie

Tronics

yeah Carrick had a strong half. still needs to sharpen up on his shooting. although im glad he's even having a pop