United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2015, 06:38 PM
witter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Breaking: Robin van Persie has just left the Liberty Stadium on crutches & a plastic protective boot on the right foot.
Really?

Edit:

Unread 21-02-2015, 06:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
LvG is a stubborn bastard
He'll continue to play 2 up front even if we have to play Fellaini up there
He's changed systems a lot this season. On pre-season he said he could switch to 4-3-3, albeit that was before Falcao arrived. Changing it wouldn't represent a climbdown. I think he'd rather stay with the diamond atm to keep harmony, but the race for top four looks like being brutal. He may have no choice. Still think Wilson up top, or taking that @#%&! Fellaini out, would both make a big difference.

Surely Mata starts in Fellaini's place against Sunderland

Unread 21-02-2015, 06:50 PM
TheFatGoth

I said when we bought him, to much derision, we would only get one good season out of RVP.

Unread 21-02-2015, 06:50 PM
Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He's changed systems a lot this season. On pre-season he said he could switch to 4-3-3, albeit that was before Falcao arrived. Changing it wouldn't represent a climbdown. I think he'd rather stay with the diamond atm to keep harmony, but the race for top four looks like being brutal. He may have no choice. Still think Wilson up top, or taking that @#%&! Fellaini out, would both make a big difference.

Surely Mata starts in Fellaini's place against Sunderland
Well he's going to have to change something again because nothing is working. Nothing that requires 3 central forwards does anyway.

It's got to be one main forward with two wide forwards from now - and Carrick can't get back quick enough either, so we can get him, Blind and Herrera in the same midfield.

When you say 'take Fellaini out' do you mean shoot him? I'm all for that ... I'd even forgive Moyes a tiny bit if he'd buy the useless @#%&! again.

Unread 21-02-2015, 06:52 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
I said when we bought him, to much derision, we would only get one good season out of RVP.
More than dunk said.

Unread 21-02-2015, 06:58 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Partly because he was left with two highly-paid strikers that he had to fit in.

In the opening months of the season, every single member of this forum set their sides out with two strikers. It hasn't worked, but he had to try it. Falcao has been given enough rope to hang himself and nobody cares he doesn't start now. Should be the same with RvP.

Honestly think RvP's injury is a blessing atm.
More than a few were questioning the balance of the attack from the moment Falcao was signed, especially given Kagawa, Welbeck, Hernandez and Nani being binned at the same time, effectively taking the majority of the variation and pace from the attacking group.

Unread 21-02-2015, 07:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
Well he's going to have to change something again because nothing is working. Nothing that requires 3 central forwards does anyway.

It's got to be one main forward with two wide forwards from now - and Carrick can't get back quick enough either, so we can get him, Blind and Herrera in the same midfield.

When you say 'take Fellaini out' do you mean shoot him? I'm all for that ... I'd even forgive Moyes a tiny bit if he'd buy the useless @#%&! again.
Absolutely. Whatever it takes. I have never hated a United player, until this @#%&!. He's a virus of a footballer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
More than a few were questioning the balance of the attack from the moment Falcao was signed, especially given Kagawa, Welbeck, Hernandez and Nani being binned at the same time, effectively taking the majority of the variation and pace from the attacking group.
Oh indeed, but part of that problem was inherited. I even think having Nani and Kagawa might not make a huge difference. Scholes said recently he thinks you're only as good as your strikers. Having this static frontline has been a huge issue.

The signing of RvP, given that we have Rooney, has probably been a short-term masterstroke with a costly three-year payback.

Unread 21-02-2015, 07:05 PM
magic_cantona

Lets be honest - with Mata, Di Maria, Herrera, Rooney etc, creativity shouldn't be a problem.

It's the £#%&!ing unbalanced system. Di Maria on one wing, another (summer signing) on the other and we'll be a lot better but Di Maria is £#%&!ing central most of the time.

Unread 21-02-2015, 07:06 PM
saffers

The most annoying thing about fellaini is that his loan deal to Napoli was more or less sealed. £#%&!ing benitez...

Unread 21-02-2015, 07:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
The most annoying thing about fellaini is that his loan deal to Napoli was more or less sealed. £#%&!ing benitez...
Didn't he get a mysterious injury that scuppered the deal? Fellaini said LvG had practically told him to move.

I would have forgiven Benitez everything if he'd signed this @#%&!. We'd probably have got another midfielder

Unread 21-02-2015, 07:11 PM
magic_cantona

Rooney as a forward isn't a £#%&!ing problem.

Unread 21-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Absolutely. Whatever it takes. I have never hated a United player, until this @#%&!. He's a virus of a footballer.

Oh indeed, but part of that problem was inherited. I even think having Nani and Kagawa might not make a huge difference. Scholes said recently he thinks you're only as good as your strikers. Having this static frontline has been a huge issue.

The signing of RvP, given that we have Rooney, has probably been a short-term masterstroke with a costly three-year payback.
Absolutely agree with the RVP point. His signing killed the Utd career of Kagawa, created the situation where we have to include 2 big names strikers. Fergie left Moyes with the perfect out for that situation, he offered a 5 year contract to Rooney.

I was genuinely shocked that LVG signed off on Falcao, thought it could only exacerbate the existing problem.

Unread 21-02-2015, 07:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Absolutely agree with the RVP point. His signing killed the Utd career of Kagawa, created the situation where we have to include 2 big names strikers. Fergie left Moyes with the perfect out for that situation, he offered a 5 year contract to Rooney.

I was genuinely shocked that LVG signed off on Falcao, thought it could only exacerbate the existing problem.
Dodgy signing.

Mendes had promised Falcao he would only have to do one year at Monaco. You wonder what compromises, deals were made..

Unread 21-02-2015, 07:55 PM
red in cumbria

RvP this season has reminded some of us why we never used to like him.

Unread 21-02-2015, 07:58 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Wonder if Arsenal would be interested in having the @#%&! back, perhaps for Welbeck?

Unread 21-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Wonder if Arsenal would be interested in having the @#%&! back, perhaps for Welbeck?
Welbeck took a lot of stick but I'd happily have him back.

His movement and constant running made things happen.

We need that sort of water carrier in the team at the moment.

Unread 21-02-2015, 08:02 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Unread 21-02-2015, 08:04 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Mainly from the @#%&!s happy with the football being played now.

It was a shambles he was let go in the first place, and for the @#%&! to moan about the lack of pace up front since then.

He's exactly what this team need at the moment, movement, workrate, pace, intelligence. Yeah he was 50/50 in front of goal, but it'd be nice to actually have a striker get near the goal.

Unread 21-02-2015, 08:04 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

We need pace up front Nqat , but i would rather have someone that doesn't panic in front of goal

Unread 21-02-2015, 08:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Mainly from the @#%&!s happy with the football being played now.

It was a shambles he was let go in the first place, and for the @#%&! to moan about the lack of pace up front since then.

He's exactly what this team need at the moment, movement, workrate, pace, intelligence. Yeah he was 50/50 in front of goal, but it'd be nice to actually have a striker get near the goal.
Closed Thread