United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:12 PM
Buck

Harry Mcguire

Looks like a £#%&!ing milkman who salivates to his own farts

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:12 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Nonsense, sorry
It’s not

LvG tried to get him to do the sweeper keeper role because of our high line but even then he was reluctant

Under Jose with how deep we defend he has gone back into his comfort zone

No idea how you can’t see this weakness in his game
It’s kinda obvious that he’s a stay on the line keeper

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:14 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They just keep finding new and more creative ways to disappoint you.
not even. same every time. just hoping the opposition don't get a lucky break at the end as we concede the intiative and let them pump ball after ball into the box.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:19 PM
MOE1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

you can't blame smalling for missing the cross for the equaliser, but what the f*** was he even doing there and why wasn't someone else covering? de gea could have come for it too.

but the last ten minutes has been a recurrent theme from mourinho. stupid substitutions. martial was killing them. lingard for herrera was negative. but it was three more or less like-for-like subs... which were pointless. then, when we needed a sub, none left. gutless dropping back instead of pressing and keeping a high line.. not taking the game to them when we had dominated for 90 minutes.

shameful. .
That sums it up.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:20 PM
LFOD

odd game , rom finding the perfect final ball and mata scoring the goals.

lack of composure in front of goal and very bad errors at the back and the manager not playing with 10 or moving mike to CF. i thought martial got hurt , if not bad sub.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:20 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Well, like i've been saying before for ages...the sort of stuff that gets you voted bedwetter of the year... if you want to give players like Rashford a free pass into your first team and ages to see if they're going to be any good or not....then expect shit like that to happen.

Rashford should be getting little cameos here and there at this stage of his career, not clocking up 100 odd appearances and being lauded as our best attacker when clearly he has neither the brains nor the composure for it.

Jesse Lingard is a squad player at best, at worst he's a f***ing Bournemouth player. The longer we're relying on him as our main attacking midfielder then we're not going to progress very quickly.

Martial could be so good but as alluded to by others, he's lazy and inconsistent. A current theme in this squad.

Are any of our back 4 getting into any other top team in our league or elsewhere? I'd be surprised if City let Smalling hand out the water bottles after training.

You want better results and performances then the manager needs better players. Cry and whinge about what's been spent all you f***ing like but the last manager wasted hundreds of millions on shite and allowed average dross to become regular starters and first team fixtures.

This squad is big on ego and short on personality. Lots of shouting, silly dance moves and selfies and not much intelligence. There is such a huge disconnect between our attackers i wonder what they work on every day in training. I honestly do, nobody seems to know where they are or what runs they should be making.

They just keep finding new and more creative ways to disappoint you. Not that it's any big impact on the league title - that was done when we again displayed shambolic defending and shite finishing. That's why City were lobbing confetti about in our changing rooms, that's done and dusted now. Any one who thought or expected any different is clueless.
Bad night to argue against the criticism of Martial, Rashford and Lingard. I thought Lingard played quite well tonight and at least he looked semi-competent when he hit the post, should score but the way he set it up looked right. Rashford's thought process for his chance was odd, just right foot to the bottom left, across the keeper, shape it back in, keep it simple.

Did you watch the Arsenal-Liverpool game? As frustrated as you might be with our defenders most of them would improve both of those sides.

We played some good football tonight, looked incisive, some proper interplay. In that manner it was a step forward as frustrating as the end result is.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:21 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Well, like i've been saying before for ages...the sort of stuff that gets you voted bedwetter of the year... if you want to give players like Rashford a free pass into your first team and ages to see if they're going to be any good or not....then expect shit like that to happen.

Rashford should be getting little cameos here and there at this stage of his career, not clocking up 100 odd appearances and being lauded as our best attacker when clearly he has neither the brains nor the composure for it.

Jesse Lingard is a squad player at best, at worst he's a £#%&!ing Bournemouth player. The longer we're relying on him as our main attacking midfielder then we're not going to progress very quickly.

Martial could be so good but as alluded to by others, he's lazy and inconsistent. A current theme in this squad.

Are any of our back 4 getting into any other top team in our league or elsewhere? I'd be surprised if City let Smalling hand out the water bottles after training.

You want better results and performances then the manager needs better players. Cry and whinge about what's been spent all you £#%&!ing like but the last manager wasted hundreds of millions on shite and allowed average dross to become regular starters and first team fixtures.

This squad is big on ego and short on personality. Lots of shouting, silly dance moves and selfies and not much intelligence. There is such a huge disconnect between our attackers i wonder what they work on every day in training. I honestly do, nobody seems to know where they are or what runs they should be making.

They just keep finding new and more creative ways to disappoint you. Not that it's any big impact on the league title - that was done when we again displayed shambolic defending and shite finishing. That's why City were lobbing confetti about in our changing rooms, that's done and dusted now. Any one who thought or expected any different is clueless.
£#%&!ing brutal.... not wrong though....

I'd rather see Rashford getting chances and learning from this.... but in this game at that time.... no need for him martial was doing well and is more composed, likely to take a chance if he got it.....

We needed leadership at the end.... nobody stood up.... all jutting around pointing away....

Our penalty area at the end

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:22 PM
puressence

The incident around 87 mins on there box matic rashford and whoever else it was like a school playground I train 12 year old kids who don’t do that have absolutely no £#%&!ing clue what was going on there .. it wasn’t that we didn’t play well but one more chance the games dead City lpool spurs chelas would have run in 5 at least. There not bad players but £#%&! me take it hammer the £#%&!er. Football really can £#%&! off

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:22 PM
utd99

Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea all dropping points... £#%&!ing idiot @#%&!s!

I think I have an ulcer from that.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:23 PM
jem

shouldn't let pogba off the hook either. stupid long shots and one time he had the ball going forward, one of martial/lingard/rashford left... pogba plays it wide early instead of drawing the defenders to him and giving it to the player in space, so leicester just shuttled across and closed it down... and you're thinking that's such £#%&!ing basic football sense. sure, he might have played a couple of eye-of-the-needle passes (one to mata in the first half particularly), but he is just £#%&!ing stupid. the game should have been simple going forward, especially against ten men.... even 3 v 2 or 2 v 2, we had attacks where we had momentum and men making runs, but the player on the ball opts to put his foot on it. they are all £#%&!ing infuriating.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:23 PM
Buck

Rashford recently is looking too #@&%!y. The exuberance of youth is turning into selfishness. Constantly shooting - or should I say - attempting shots from range. Ignoring team mates when the pass is on.

The kid is a gem of a talent but the manager needs to step in and act if he's letting it all go to his head.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:24 PM
armchair

if he hadn't pointlessly taken martial off he would've been able to replace smalling.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:25 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
shouldn't let pogba off the hook either. stupid long shots and one time he had the ball going forward, one of martial/lingard/rashford left... pogba plays it wide early instead of drawing the defenders to him and giving it to the player in space, so leicester just shuttled across and closed it down... and you're thinking that's such £#%&!ing basic football sense. sure, he might have played a couple of eye-of-the-needle passes (one to mata in the first half particularly), but he is just £#%&!ing stupid. the game should have been simple going forward, especially against ten men.... even 3 v 2 or 2 v 2, we had attacks where we had momentum and men making runs, but the player on the ball opts to put his foot on it. they are all £#%&!ing infuriating.
It’s a theme Jem, you’re right, they’re idiots. Be honest, when Rashford was through were you confident? I wasn’t. How can that be?

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:25 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
if he hadn't pointlessly taken martial off he would've been able to replace smalling.
No need for that sub

Just seems to like giving one 70 minutes no matter what happens

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:26 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
it's what he does every £#%&!ing game. irrespective of the score, the performance, the dynamic of the game. management by £#%&!ing numbers. he does the same with mata, too.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:28 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s a theme Jem, you’re right, they’re idiots. Be honest, when Rashford was through were you confident? I wasn’t. How can that be?
Because he's 21.

He's scored a few recently. One on one v city and moscow. Don't know what ya gonna get though

Nothing wrong with that at his age but we need to know when to play him.

We were gonna get chances against ten. You want your best finishers on. So he takes Mata and Martial off.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:29 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I thought martial's chance was the most difficult of the three. rashford should have touched the ball to his right and shot, not tried to take the keeper on. I think maybe that is confidence, because anyone with any composure slots that (he wasn't even confident enough to win or claim a penalty). lingard hitting the post was just poor execution, but he had more or less done the right thing. every £#%&!ing one of those should have gone in, though.

I wouldn't have trusted lukaku to score any of them either.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:30 PM
MOE1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Rashford recently is looking too c**ky. The exuberance of youth is turning into selfishness. Constantly shooting - or should I say - attempting shots from range. Ignoring team mates when the pass is on.

The kid is a gem of a talent but the manager needs to step in and act if he's letting it all go to his head.

Started to do that last season, maybe why he gets less time this year.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Rashford recently is looking too #@&%!y. The exuberance of youth is turning into selfishness. Constantly shooting - or should I say - attempting shots from range. Ignoring team mates when the pass is on.

He's a decent young prospect but £#%&!ing hell people really do over do it with him. I'm not seeing this 'top class potential' everyone else does. In anything he does on the pitch. He's fast and can push the ball past someone and run, that's it. He doesn't show any intelligence or awareness beyond that one aspect to his game, when he had the ball infront of Schmeichel tonight honestly how many of you thought "oh this is in". I £#%&!ing didn't.

He should be £#%&!ing sent back to the reserves until he remembers that his place in manchester united's first team is a privilege not a right.

We stuck that free kick away tonight thank god, i dread to think what would have happened if rashford was on the pitch. Why is he taking set pieces any way? he's clearly not very good at them. Yet another example of how he's being given all this responsibility without the quality to back it up.

Get into the market in january and please add some quality to that lot. Christ we need it.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:33 PM
utd99

Who are these kids learning their trade from? Who are they watching, looking up to and trying to impress? The 92 crowd had Cantona, Bruce, Hughes and the rest. No nonsense winners who £#%&!ing told them what to do. Rooney and Ronaldo had Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Rio and the rest; perenial winners. Men.

Managers can only do so much. A young player learns his trade on the training pitch and on the field from the very players he wil one day replace.

Who are these kids learning from?