United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-07-2013, 01:33 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Bit early to be assuming a lot of those teams will get through.

It would be so much more interesting if it wasn't seeded.
We'd be out in the group stages every year

Unread 31-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I think we'll do well to get out the Group.
Moyes has zero experience at this level either as a player, coach or manager.
How will he handle those big European nights at Old Trafford if we get a half decent team or 2 in the Group?
It'll be a big learning curve this season.

I expect him to challenge for the Title. He's been working in the Premier League for over a decade now. No excuses. He's taking over a Title winning squad.

But we've been putrid in Europe since Barca pulled our pants down at Wembley.
Europe is definitely his biggest test & I think it'll take him a few seasons to come to terms with it.
You never know he may surprise us all and we may even beat a spanish team. Big step i know but it's been nearly 7 years since we scraped past barcelona so we may be due another victory over one in the next 3 years or so.

Unread 31-07-2013, 01:34 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Might actually fluke one straight away. DiMatteo did
Possibly, but that sort of thing doesn't seem to be in United's DNA where Europe is concerned.

I think it'll take him 2-3 seasons before we're realistically challenging for the European Cup..& even that's being optimistic given our inability in the transfer market.

Unread 31-07-2013, 01:35 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You never know he may surprise us all and we may even beat a spanish team. Big step i know but it's been nearly 7 years since we scraped past barcelona so we may be due another victory over one in the next 3 years or so.
We beat Valencia, Cheech scored. hth

Unread 31-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Rhodzy

At least it'll be something new with Moyes in charge.

Unread 31-07-2013, 01:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
No it hasn't

Unread 31-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
We beat Valencia, Cheech scored. hth
Yes i do apologise. That's 1 victory in 8 attempts against Spanish teams. If Moyes can better that staggeringly shite record he'll be going in the right direction.

Unread 31-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
No it hasn't
yes it has.

Unread 31-07-2013, 01:40 PM
andyroo

Quote:
yes it has.
It was March 2008. Five years and a bit is almost seven I suppose

Unread 31-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Mr Castro

The usual will happen, Arsenal will get a possible easy group before the shit@#%&!s turn up and get taken to school by a big team in the second day found. Chelsea will get through this year, fluke their way past teams and come close, we'll wait until matchday 6 to qualify then go out on away goals, and city will get a football lesson from a few teams.

Unread 31-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
It was March 2008. Five years and a bit is almost seven I suppose
Thankyou.

Unread 31-07-2013, 01:50 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Will Moyes be a lucky manager, or will he end up in his first season in the CL with a group of

PSG
Dortmund
Napoli

Would love that tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
How will he handle those big European nights at Old Trafford if we get a half decent team or 2 in the Group?
You obviously haven’t attended a group stage game at OT in recent years

They're horrible. Thousands of empty seats and sterile atmosphere, not helped by a tombolaed cluster £#%&! of a team shit@#%&!ing their way to a tedious win. Horrific affairs. I can barely muster the enthusiasm to watch them on tv tbh.

Unread 31-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Would love that tbh

You obviously haven’t attended a group stage game at OT in recent years

They're horrible. Thousands of empty seats and sterile atmosphere, not helped by a tombolaed cluster £#%&! of a team shit@#%&!ing their way to a tedious win. Horrific affairs. I can barely muster the enthusiasm to watch them on tv tbh.
"Would you believe it! FC Boogleshurn have taken the lead at Old Trafford! Who would have thought it?"

Everyone.

Unread 31-07-2013, 01:59 PM
saffers

Would much rather PSG/Atletico, Juve/Dortmund and Leverkusen/Napoli over the usual mediocre turkish team, benfica, celtic and some eastern european backwater.

Group stages have been utterly dull for ages so why not get a group of death; win and you have built up belief you can win the thing, lose and we can focus on the league. Win win. Would certainly prefer crashing out in a group of death as opposed to a group of shite ala 05/06 and 11/12.

Unread 31-07-2013, 02:01 PM
The Watcher

Napoli away in September would very

Unread 31-07-2013, 04:13 PM
saffers

Quote:
Napoli away in September would very
Stabby?

Unread 31-07-2013, 04:59 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

#@&%!s.

Unread 31-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

#@&%!s.

love that video......See something new every time..The female copper is cute aswell...

Unread 31-07-2013, 05:11 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

love that video......See something new every time..The female copper is cute aswell...
Love the way he's spreadeagled on the street.

Unread 31-07-2013, 05:24 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

"I'm videoing it."

"It's like fookin' Franco."

Love Madrid plod.
Closed Thread