United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-04-2015, 10:56 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
city are the biggest bottlers in the league. this should be good news BUT conversely it means that they are capable of turning in a performance during an especially poor run. anything that removes all vestiges of pressure works to their advantage. it's how they won the league in 2012 and 2014; once expectation had all but died they strung a few wins together. failure is the only mindset they're truly comfortable with.

Unread 06-04-2015, 10:58 PM
moyescaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Still a bit worrying how we don't kill teams off. Never mind Liverpool, even Villa got back into it and it wasn't until late on we could really relax. Having said that, I think we'll sharpen up for this and put on a show.
We played well against villa after a two week international break.

Dominated possession and saved our legs.

This and city having two less full days rest should bear dividends on Sunday.

Unread 06-04-2015, 10:58 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
fair point

city have had a good go at it though.

Unread 06-04-2015, 11:03 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Still a bit worrying how we don't kill teams off. Never mind Liverpool, even Villa got back into it and it wasn't until late on we could really relax. Having said that, I think we'll sharpen up for this and put on a show.

they hardly gotr back into it ffs we dominated from start to finish they got a £#%&! goal and we just scored again and a lot of our players played internationals while virtually no Villa player did

Unread 06-04-2015, 11:05 PM
Cream

Really need the points, tough run in.

Draw at least.

Unread 06-04-2015, 11:12 PM
Sparky***

I'd hardly call a team that won the title last season 'bottlers'. They're not bottlers at all. What they are is a team of egos and slapped-arses who don't appear to have much faith in the manager. (cue Marlo coming out of the woodwork to tell me how they all love the manager and sing kumbaya at training)..

They don't look a very happy bunch at the moment but that's not to say they won't pull a performance out against us because as everyone on here should know - their entire £#%&!ing club is obsessed with United. Getting one over on us is practically the only thing the £#%&!ers care about right from the tea ladies up to the boardroom.

Unread 06-04-2015, 11:24 PM
Vedder

Yup, the very fact United fans were desperate for them to win the league over Liverpool has really soured their title win nobody, not even they seem to care they won it.

Unread 06-04-2015, 11:25 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'd hardly call a team that won the title last season 'bottlers'. They're not bottlers at all. What they are is a team of egos and slapped-arses who don't appear to have much faith in the manager. (cue Marlo coming out of the woodwork to tell me how they all love the manager and sing kumbaya at training)..

They don't look a very happy bunch at the moment but that's not to say they won't pull a performance out against us because as everyone on here should know - their entire £#%&!ing club is obsessed with United. Getting one over on us is practically the only thing the £#%&!ers care about right from the tea ladies up to the boardroom.
This applies to every team in the British Isles tbh.

Unread 06-04-2015, 11:34 PM
Szekely

Quote:

for the first time this season, we'll probably be favourites in a big game. I always fancy us more when we are underdogs.

We've every reason to feel optimistic with the way we're playing. its a reflection of how well the last few games have gone that we don't even need to win it. but if the last few weeks have taught us anything, it should be that it can all change very quickly. A couple of very conceivable narrow defeats in the next and it's right back in the mix again.

cautious optimism, but we're not going to @#%&! them. I expect a hugely improved city to turn up on Sunday. I'll be happy if we can keep the recent performance level up and avoid these soft goals and phases of switching off

Unread 06-04-2015, 11:54 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyescaust
We played well against villa after a two week international break.

Dominated possession and saved our legs.

This and city having two less full days rest should bear dividends on Sunday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

they hardly gotr back into it ffs we dominated from start to finish they got a £#%&! goal and we just scored again and a lot of our players played internationals while virtually no Villa player did
Of course we dominated, (and agree re internationals saving legs etc but we have previous with this) which what makes it so ridiculous that they could have snatched a draw, until we got a late goal to kill them off. Still too close for comfort, as it was at the dippers. We've thrown games away vs Swansea and Southampton etc through not finishing teams off. I know everyone can say similar but points thrown away when we've dominated this season would've seen us pushing the Chavs for the title.

Unread 06-04-2015, 11:57 PM
taff

Quote:
I'd hardly call a team that won the title last season 'bottlers'. They're not bottlers at all. What they are is a team of egos and slapped-arses who don't appear to have much faith in the manager.
but 'egos and slapped arses' implies they're mentally fragile either way.

they're @#%&!. they've shit themselves in two title run-ins and been bailed out by the ineptitude of others (one of whom was us), they've shit themselves in numerous CL groups and knockouts, they've shit themselves in a cup final against a relegated side managed by roberto £#%&!ing martinez of all people, and lo and behold they've shit themselves as soon as someone laid down a decent challenge this season (as they did with us in 2013). their only other trophies in that time have come against sunderland and stoke.

all that said, their general ability is not in question and expectation is now at a minimum, which is precisely why they're now more of a threat and we should guard against complacency. i have full faith in LVG on that front anyway.

Unread 06-04-2015, 11:58 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szekely
cautious optimism, but we're not going to @#%&! them. I expect a hugely improved city to turn up on Sunday.
pretty much sums it up.
Of course City will turn up on Sunday.

Every reason to be confident though. We're playing well & they're not.
We owe the @#%&!s but it doesn't work like that.

I think we'll win the League if we beat City on Sunday

Unread 07-04-2015, 12:02 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
pretty much sums it up.
Of course City will turn up on Sunday.

Every reason to be confident though. We're playing well & they're not.
We owe the @#%&!s but it doesn't work like that.

ffs MJ.

You do realise that if Chelsea win their game in hand that puts them 11 points clear of us with 7 games to play?

That means they'd have to lose 4 games out of 7?

Come on ffs.

Unread 07-04-2015, 12:02 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

no chance pal we're eight behind them and they have a game in hand....against Leicester

Unread 07-04-2015, 12:07 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
ffs MJ.

You do realise that if Chelsea win their game in hand that puts them 11 points clear of us with 7 games to play?

Come on ffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

no chance pal we're eight behind them and they have a game in hand....against Leicester
good points well made.

It's that bloody nice guy Mata dropping 'on bombs' all over the shop on his blog today. I got a bit carried away.

Unread 07-04-2015, 12:13 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
good points well made.

It's that bloody nice guy Mata dropping 'on bombs' all over the shop on his blog today. I got a bit carried away.

2nd will do me

champs next year

Unread 07-04-2015, 12:54 AM
Stickman

3-2 United. We'll be 2-1 down as well

Feeling a great day in my waters Sunday.

Unread 07-04-2015, 12:59 AM
Clarkie

Can't let them get 5 in a row.

That would be £#%&!ing ridiculous

Unread 07-04-2015, 01:11 AM
MagnificentSeven

be great to score yet another last minute winner against them. hope it's mata this time.

we're long overdue a win against them. well £#%&!, we're long overdue a win at home against them ffs. we've played against them around april time the past few seasons and it's always around that period that they've been going through some patchy form, much like they are now, only for us to gutlessly surrender to them and allow them to beat us convincingly, boosting their confidence for the rest of the season.

will take a shithouse 1-0 win now, fellaini header from a corner, with dave keeping us in it for the last 20 minutes.

Unread 07-04-2015, 01:12 AM
Ethers

Quote:
ffs MJ.

Come on ffs.
If we win our next 2 games we will be 5 points behind them, with their next game away at Arsenal.

Them's the facts.
Closed Thread