United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:34 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Had completely forgot Rojo plays for us.

it's been that kind of season hasn't it?

I genuinely keep forgetting we've got Falcao on the books.

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:35 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Smalling is a weird one, I am writing him off one game and commending him the next at the moment. However if that continues with shockers still being in the mix move him on.

Evans has got to be worth £10 mill to Sunderland et al so can see him going as another is brought in.
Got a Sunderland season ticket holder mate at work, he was unimpressed with JOS getting a new deal from them, I doubt we'll be able to stiff them for £10m for Evans. He's gone backwards imo and doesn't look the player he was and we loaned to them, with Vida & Rio going there was a huge opportunity for several players to claim a starting shirt for many years, out of all of them McNair has stated the strongest case, a good few of them want £#%&!ing off, Evans has the qualities but lacks the mentality for me, and he doesn't just drop the odd clanger he has the occasional grade A mare ( usually involving a generally average large black striker) , he may be better off trying to forge a career in a predominantly white league,

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Got a Sunderland season ticket holder mate at work, he was unimpressed with JOS getting a new deal from them, I doubt we'll be able to stiff them for £10m for Evans. He's gone backwards imo and doesn't look the player he was and we loaned to them, with Vida & Rio going there was a huge opportunity for several players to claim a starting shirt for many years, out of all of them McNair has stated the strongest case, a good few of them want £#%&!ing off, Evans has the qualities but lacks the mentality for me, and he doesn't just drop the odd clanger he has the occasional grade A mare ( usually involving a generally average large black striker) , he may be better off trying to forge a career in a predominantly white league,
Is a shame there's no money in Scotland any more. One of the Glasgow teams would have loved him, not sure what religion he is tbh.

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:41 PM
jem

jones will struggle to get in the team when everyone is fit. his only hope is 3-5-2 %@#$&!s.

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:55 PM
ZiggyStardust

It has to be said they were a bit all over the place yesterday and Smalling was clearly our best defender against Arsenal

I'm not sure either will make it long term but Blackett's got a much better chance imo as he's got better attributes like his size, athletism and speed
McNair's not the quickest and I don't think he will ever be the biggest which will make it more difficult for him to succeed long term

They are both good on the ball when they are confident but yesterday the distrubtion from both of them was shite

Here's a vid of Blackett away at Stamford Bridge in our last U21 match. He defended well but his passing out from the back really caught the eye. Needs to show this confidence more when playing in the first team

Unread 23-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Neo

Full credit to the kids for taking their chance, but also full credit to the boss for having faith in them.

I dread to think what defence Fergie would have put out yesterday. I think he'd have gone 4-5-1 with either Fletcher or Carrick partnering Smalling at centre-back.

Van Gaal is going to have a hugely positive impact on all these youngsters, whether they stay at United or not. Januzaj will be helped through his second-season syndrome, and Wilson could become a very special player IMO.

Wilson seems to have all the natural athleticism, blistering pace and excellent finishing ability for the top level. Also seems to be an intelligent lad - he ran the channels in an unorthodox role yesterday, and also was smart enough to take it into the corners to eat up time. Contrast with Fellaini who decided to have a strike from 35 yards when we were 2-1 up in injury time.

Unread 23-11-2014, 03:26 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I dread to think what defence Fergie would have put out yesterday. I think he'd have gone 4-5-1 with either Fletcher or Carrick partnering Smalling at centre-back.
no way. fletch and carrick. smalling right back. silly old @#%&!.

Unread 23-11-2014, 03:29 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Full credit to the kids for taking their chance, but also full credit to the boss for having faith in them.

really good point tbf

Unread 23-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

I dread to think what defence Fergie would have put out yesterday.
i dread to think what gollum would have done,

Unread 23-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
i dread to think what gollum would have done,
Mata and Kagawa at centre-back.

Unread 23-11-2014, 04:48 PM
MUFC One Love

McNair defends properly like a defender but can also play a bit. It's refreshing to see him just defending, look at Cahill and Terry they don't give a shit, first and main thing to do is to defend. Our defenders like Jones and Smalling think because they play for United they have to do things different. Just defend you #@&%!s.

Unread 23-11-2014, 05:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Is a shame there's no money in Scotland any more. One of the Glasgow teams would have loved him, not sure what religion he is tbh.
Well he is married to a Prod, which probably mean more in NI than most places.

Unread 23-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well he is married to a Prod, which probably mean more in NI than most places.
works for MUTV, doubt she wants to leave

Unread 23-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Sparky***

They got away with arsenal being abysmal finishers. The pair of them were all over the £#%&!ing place most of the game.

Unread 23-11-2014, 05:51 PM
no fun

Quote:
He's bad Irish, so rangers

Unread 23-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
He's bad Irish, so rangers
Should bin him just for that tbf.

Unread 23-11-2014, 06:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
really good point tbf

yeah, especially accounting for Ferguson winning 4 of his last 6 games at Arsenal and losing only 1 (and that between the 2 legs of a CL semi final)

Unread 23-11-2014, 06:40 PM
ChairmanMao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Van Gaal is going to have a hugely positive impact on all these youngsters, whether they stay at United or not. Januzaj will be helped through his second-season syndrome, and Wilson could become a very special player IMO.

Wilson seems to have all the natural athleticism, blistering pace and excellent finishing ability for the top level. Also seems to be an intelligent lad - he ran the channels in an unorthodox role yesterday, and also was smart enough to take it into the corners to eat up time. Contrast with Fellaini who decided to have a strike from 35 yards when we were 2-1 up in injury time.

The uncomfortable truth is though if Ferguson was still manager we wouldn't be 13 points behind Chelsea, Ferguson's team selections were forced by having to challenge every year and keep up with teams who started like Chelsea. For most of the 2000's the points we have at this stage of the season would have us about 8th.

LVG is giving them a shout and fair enough but he's also got the freedom of having literally no expectations of a league title.

Unread 23-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
The uncomfortable truth is though if Ferguson was still manager we wouldn't be 13 points behind Chelsea, Ferguson's team selections were forced by having to challenge every year and keep up with teams who started like Chelsea. For most of the 2000's the points we have at this stage of the season would have us about 8th.

LVG is giving them a shout and fair enough but he's also got the freedom of having literally no expectations of a league title.
truthbomber

Unread 23-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao

And RVP wouldn't play like depressed man that lost his wife and his dog in one go.
Closed Thread