United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Why didn't Thiago Sign for United?
To join his ex Manager who is his agent's brother at the European Champions 37 59.68%
Because United refused to part with a penny over the clause fee 23 37.10%
United were never interested in signing him, it was just to sell season tickets 2 3.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 22-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Crumps

Default Thiago Poll

What do you reckon happened.

I am with Saffers all the way on this one. Am amazed at some of the other views tbh.

Unread 22-07-2013, 05:42 PM
dunk

United dithered thinking they were in pole position and could screw the price and got boned.

Unread 22-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
United dithered thinking they were in pole position and could screw the price and got boned.
Or he saw joining his old Manager at the European Champions as less of a risk to take when this year is all about him getting in to the World Cup team.

Unread 22-07-2013, 05:50 PM
dinger

He had a choice and picked the right one.

Unread 22-07-2013, 05:51 PM
den

£#%&! him, he's dead to me..

Unread 22-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Sparky***

%@#$&!s i clicked the wrong one.

Unread 22-07-2013, 05:52 PM
S/Side.Red

The link between Guardiola and Thiago was so strong, due to their history and the agent, that I can't help thinking it could have been done a lot earlier if they were always his first choice. I think there may be some truth in the idea that at some stage we were frontrunners.

It did feel like they capitalised on a breakdown elsewhere. But who knows!? Maybe he just took a long time to make his mind up on whether to leave.

Unread 22-07-2013, 05:54 PM
irk

is this graham's lad? glad we didn't get him.

Unread 22-07-2013, 05:56 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
He had a choice and picked the right one.
sadly, we all know this is true.

Unread 22-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The link between Guardiola and Thiago was so strong, due to their history and the agent, that I can't help thinking it could have been done a lot earlier if they were always his first choice. I think there may be some truth in the idea that at some stage we were frontrunners.

It did feel like they capitalised on a breakdown elsewhere. But who knows!? Maybe he just took a long time to make his mind up on whether to leave.
There were reports of Pep speaking to him as early as January/February innit?

Unread 22-07-2013, 06:01 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

My theory is it was Guardiola having to convince the Bayern board, they'd already spent a lot of money on Götze. It was only when they seemed to be stalling that we even came into it.

We've been pretty unlucky with the Fabregas situation truth be told, nobody could've predicted the precise timing of Vilanova's retirement. It's just a typical kick in the balls when it comes to us and midfielders. Both the ones we have and the ones we try to get.

Unread 22-07-2013, 06:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Or he saw joining his old Manager at the European Champions as less of a risk to take when this year is all about him getting in to the World Cup team.
If it makes you feel better.

Unread 22-07-2013, 06:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
There were reports of Pep speaking to him as early as January/February innit?
Well, that's kinda what I mean. Pep knows him. His agent is Pep's brother. There's a release clause. If Bayern was always his first choice, I'd have thought they would have banged the deal out a lot quicker, as they did with Goetze. We'd also not have got involved.

I dunno. United almost certainly were in talks. The fact that we went publicly for Fabregas the day after Thiago was confirmed by Bayern suggests perhaps a little flippancy on our part in terms of approach to the whole thing. My fear is the 'dithering Dave' possibility

Unread 22-07-2013, 06:07 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
My theory is it was Guardiola having to convince the Bayern board, they'd already spent a lot of money on Götze. It was only when they seemed to be stalling that we even came into it.

We've been pretty unlucky with the Fabregas situation truth be told, nobody could've predicted the precise timing of Vilanova's retirement. It's just a typical kick in the balls when it comes to us and midfielders. Both the ones we have and the ones we try to get.
Keane put a gypsy curse on the midfield.

Unread 22-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Crumps

Quote:
If it makes you feel better.
You could really do with a shot of testosterone.

Unread 22-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Keane put a gypsy curse on the midfield.
Pretty sure Carrick came after him.

Unread 22-07-2013, 07:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
You're the one looking for excuses

Unread 22-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:

Unread 22-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Crumps

Quote:
You're the one looking for excuses
Or the truth and none knee jerky doomy agenda driven top red %@#$&!s. If you honestly believe we missed out on signing a player of his calibre over a few million quid I pity you. Soy milk with your pizza, eh?

Unread 22-07-2013, 07:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Or the truth and none knee jerky doomy agenda driven top red %@#$&!s. If you honestly believe we missed out on signing a player of his calibre over a few million quid I pity you. Soy milk with your pizza, eh?
New to United pol? We have a long and proud history of scrimping at the wrong moments. Nothing knee jerk going on and most probably much closer to the truth than would be comfortable for you. Or were United not chasing him for 3 years and Mazinho wasn't in Manchester etc.
Closed Thread