United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 17-01-2010, 05:53 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Erm I think you'll find that earlier this week Hicks's son resigned from the board. They have had banners in the ground slating the owner's, we haven't. The scouse can co-ordinate support when they need to. Look at the support for Rafa, Shields and now their hatred of H+G. We can't even get a chant going about the Glazers.
Sad but true.

Unread 17-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the scouse are protesting because their team is doing shit. united supporters protested when we were at the crest of a wave. the scouse merrily bent over and took it up the arse because they thought they might be able to buy success. we protested murdoch (though he might well have invested) and we protested the glazers on principle, not because of a few shitty results. and we protested in ways no other club has managed before or since: boycotts, direct action (remember the paint, the targetting of the @#%&!s wherever they went), setting up an alternative team, imusa, must, the phoenix fund etc.

suggesting the scouse even come close is, frankly, £#%&!ing insulting to every genuine united fan, and shows no appreciation whatsoever of what was done.
A car got red paint thrown over it, woo. Rio had masked men knock on his door, none of the Glazers or the United board did so you have to ask why they were more prepared to confront Rio over his contract negotiations than they were to challenge people facilitating Glazer's take over.

The percentage of United fans who have been involved in any kind of protest will be less than the percentage of scouse fans.

I worked in Manchester when the take over happened, just round the corner from Rothschilds who arranged it. Nothing was ever done mount a protest against them, all that happened was that the Nike shop got some stick bombs let off.

When people were asked to miss the West Brom game as a protest, we had fellow United fans mocking the idea. If you think United fans can in anyway make themselves feel like victims and cry from the roof tops about their injustice as Liverpool can then you need to comeback over here, lots have changed since you've been away.

Unread 17-01-2010, 05:55 PM
red in cumbria

No it isn't Schlong, as others in this thread have already explained

Unread 17-01-2010, 05:56 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Take it you didn't watch the game yesterday then you £#%&!ing #@&%!.
A 3 minute chant. My cousin was ejected, his girlfriends little brother was ejected and so was his mate. What did the 1000's around them do when they seen this happening. £#%&!all.

Unread 17-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The phrase "having a Holocaust" doesn't begin to describe what Sniffer has achieved here
Why? Feel free to back your assertion up with quotes of mine that are untrue. OK I was unaware of yesterday but 1 protest doth not takeover make.

Unread 17-01-2010, 05:58 PM
borsuk

Thumbs down

Quote:
A car got red paint thrown over it, woo. Rio had masked men knock on his door, none of the Glazers or the United board did so you have to ask why they were more prepared to confront Rio over his contract negotiations than they were to challenge people facilitating Glazer's take over.

The percentage of United fans who have been involved in any kind of protest will be less than the percentage of scouse fans.

I worked in Manchester when the take over happened, just round the corner from Rothschilds who arranged it. Nothing was ever done mount a protest against them, all that happened was that the Nike shop got some stick bombs let off.

When people were asked to miss the West Brom game as a protest, we had fellow United fans mocking the idea. If you think United fans can in anyway make themselves feel like victims and cry from the roof tops about their injustice as Liverpool can then you need to comeback over here, lots have changed since you've been away.
everything the scouse have done has been as a response to shit performances on the pitch, not the ownership. comparing the two is simply ridiculous. how were the vermin's protests at the time of the takeover? or last season? that's what you should be comparing before you start suggesting we've done less than them.

ffs, embarrassed i even have to explain this tbh.

Unread 17-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Nice rewriting of history. Convenient how you're leaving out the marches, taking over the Megastore, the Glazers having to leave OT in a police van etc.

All done before they had taken over too. Whereas the scouse bent over and invited the Yanks in, and only started any kind of protests once the Fat Spanish Waiter began blaming his complete ineptitude on the owners.

Unread 17-01-2010, 05:59 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The phrase "having a Holocaust" doesn't begin to describe what Sniffer has achieved here
that's a given from the moment the @#%&! logs on

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Sloppy

Stink bombs.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:05 PM
roterteufel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I didn't even know this. Thick me thought it was a donation.
you can donate. or put your cash into a MUST account. you can also donate some of your time or if you have some serious skills such as hedge fund manager or assassin you can offer your services

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
A 3 minute chant. My cousin was ejected, his girlfriends little brother was ejected and so was his mate. What did the 1000's around them do when they seen this happening. £#%&!all.
See, this is why I miss going to OT like I miss the time I had piles.

What was the reason for them being chucked out? Loud noise?

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:06 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Stink bombs.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:07 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
See, this is why I miss going to OT like I miss the time I had piles.

What was the reason for them being chucked out? Loud noise?
Protesting against the glazers.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:09 PM
wonky no

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Ethers

Quote:
The fact is that a lot of this shit that is happening now is because of the performances on the pitch wether you or everybody else likes it or not.
I agree, the sudden wave of anti-Glazer feeling is definitely partly down to recent performances, and the feeling that we've got £#%&! all to spend. Which is why I think £#%&! all will come of them, again.

But there's no doubt our efforts pre-takeover were better than anything the scouse managed.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:11 PM
roterteufel

Quote:
Nice rewriting of history. Convenient how you're leaving out the marches, taking over the Megastore, the Glazers having to leave OT in a police van etc.

All done before they had taken over too. Whereas the scouse bent over and invited the Yanks in, and only started any kind of protests once the Fat Spanish Waiter began blaming his complete ineptitude on the owners.
the flash mob in the megastore was funny loads of people putting up brollys and kicking balls about, I got some photos somewhere, and I was there when they had to smuggle them out of OT aswell, £#%&!ing policedog nutted me in the knackers

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:12 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
I agree, the sudden wave of anti-Glazer feeling is definitely partly down to recent performances, and the feeling that we've got £#%&! all to spend. Which is why I think £#%&! all will come of them, again.

But there's no doubt our efforts pre-takeover were better than anything the scouse managed.
I agree pal. They will not £#%&!off though until they are hit where it hurts, in their £#%&!ing pockets.

I mean £#%&!ing look at us all on here, kicking off with each other ffs.

Its £#%&!ing over lads.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Protesting against the glazers.
That's what the stewards actually said?

Who are these @#%&!s they get to work as stewards? Getting chucked out for singing ffs.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Sparky***

We've sold our best player, actually THE best player, and seen that the money was used to basically stop the club from making a huge loss - despite the ticket increases year on year and all the other money being plowed into the club.

If this isn't enough to motivate people to do something then I don't know what will.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:19 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
That's what the stewards actually said?

Who are these @#%&!s they get to work as stewards? Getting chucked out for singing ffs.
Foul language was the reason they were given

Considering they were singing £#%&! off Glazer, and die die glazer £#%&!ing die, we all know the real reason. They wasn't the only ones either.