United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-02-2014, 10:41 AM
irk

Default Lumsden's CV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Lumsden

it's like putting bellers in charge of building HS2 (although the charmed @#%&! will probably land an appointment)

Quote:
Playing career

He began his footballing career with Leeds United in 1964, he captained Leeds reserves however failed to make a lasting breakthrough into the first team, playing just four games before his transfer to Southend United in 1970. Over the next eight years he had spells with Greenock Morton, St. Mirren, Cork Hibernians, Clydebank and finally Celtic.
Having spent six years at Leeds United as a player in the 1960s, Lumsden returned to Elland Road as Assistant Manager to Eddie Gray between in the late 80s whilst the club languished in the middle reaches of the old Second Division.
Managerial career

Lumsden began his coaching career as Eddie Gray's assistant at Leeds, but was fired along with Gray in September 1985. After leaving Leeds he went to work in a Boarding School in Wetherby where he stayed for the next few years. He subsequently enjoyed management roles at both Bristol City and Rochdale before going back to the dressing room as First Team Coach at Preston, then in the Second Division, under the stewardship of David Moyes.
Quote:
Senior career* Years Team Apps† (Gls)† 1966–1970 Leeds United 4 (0) 1970–1971 Southend United 13 (0) 1971–1973 Morton 42 (3) 1973 St. Mirren 13 (1) 1973–1974 Cork Hibernians ? (3) 1974–1975 Morton 28 (2) 1975–1977 Clydebank 76 (3) Total
176+ (12)

Unread 10-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Harri Jaffa

Bellers would probably do a better job with HS2 tbf

Unread 10-02-2014, 10:46 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Bellers would probably do a better job with HS2 tbf
I think I'd prefer your version. Everyone high on speed on an electrified rail

Unread 10-02-2014, 10:48 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Lumsden

it's like putting bellers in charge of building HS2 (although the charmed @#%&! will probably land an appointment)
I think you're seriously underestimating Jimmy's achievements with the u14 Whetherby Girls School second 11 tbh.

Unread 10-02-2014, 10:50 AM
believe

what's HS2?

Unread 10-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Old Mathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I think you're seriously underestimating Jimmy's achievements with the u14 Whetherby Girls School second 11 tbh.
..and some will say that his cv wont command the respect of all the world class players that we are signing. Unbelievable.

Unread 10-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
what's HS2?

Something that is being done in ms project so you wouldn't get it

Unread 10-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Time For Heroes

The boarding scvhool cross country runs were where wee Jimmy probably got the idea from that running a lot was a good idea.

Unread 10-02-2014, 10:55 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Something that is being done in ms project so you wouldn't get it
Project king these days pal, it doesn't take long

I can't remember the last time I seen Lumsden fwiw.

Unread 10-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Child of Darkness

Wengers and Maureen's playing career are not much to write home about tbf .

Unread 10-02-2014, 12:13 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Wengers and Maureen's playing career are not much to write home about tbf .
True, but their coaching careers don't include spells at the dark days of Leeds in the 80's and a period when they gave it all up to be a PE teacher.

Get these £#%&!ing amateurs out of our club.

Unread 10-02-2014, 12:20 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Unread 10-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
True, but their coaching careers don't include spells at the dark days of Leeds in the 80's and a period when they gave it all up to be a PE teacher.

Get these £#%&!ing amateurs out of our club.
I think your underestimating wengers interest in youth

Unread 10-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Mr Castro

interests

In his spare time Jim loves watching tv quiz shows. His favourites include the chase, pointless and countdown. He lodged a complaint when channel 4 stopped showing 15 to 1 but nothing ever came of it. He used to go to the library but stopped when they introduced a digital card system. Hates new technology.

Unread 10-02-2014, 12:53 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

noticed 'Roundy' wasn't drawing pictures for the subs on sunday
just TV totally ignoring golum as he waited to come on

Unread 10-02-2014, 01:02 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Someone should write one of those "funny " open letters to united asking to be head groundsman as they've cut lawns or something... If they don't regard experience or competency necessary :-)

Unread 10-02-2014, 01:11 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
Someone should write one of those "funny " open letters to united asking to be head groundsman as they've cut lawns or something... If they don't regard experience or competency necessary :-)
new to having to replace the pitch mid season every season

Unread 10-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Pop

Wee Jimmy has been promised a job as a groundsman when he hangs up his hobnailed boots. Woodward is even having a little shed built for him round the back of old Trafford.

It'll be something to keep his mind active and cuts down on the risk of him being at home all day leaving the front door open or the gas on when he pops out for a pint of ale

Unread 10-02-2014, 03:27 PM
MJ Ramone

At some point the comedy value of Wee-little Lumsden, Pip Keenan, Rounders & Chris £#%&!ing Woods will wear off & will be replaced with searing anger.

I'm still finding it quite funny but there are cracks starting to show.

£#%&!ing Fergie racking up at the game every week with Mick Hucknall too..jesus £#%&!ing christ. Holidays with Russ Abbott.

I'm half expecting to get a shot of the Directors box at the Emirates on Wednesday & see Stu "I could crush a Grape" Francis & Jimmy Sommerville sitting between Fergie & Bobby.

£#%&!ing hell fire, it's like a bizarre Stella Street style joke.
wtf is going on?

Unread 10-02-2014, 03:30 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
At some point the comedy value of Wee-little Lumsden, Pip Keenan, Rounders & Chris £#%&!ing Woods will wear off & will be replaced with searing anger.

I'm still finding it quite funny but there are cracks starting to show.

£#%&!ing Fergie racking up at the game every week with Mick Hucknall too..jesus £#%&!ing christ. Holidays with Russ Abbott.

I'm half expecting to get a shot of the Directors box at the Emirates on Wednesday & see Stu "I could crush a Grape" Francis & Jimmy Sommerville sitting between Fergie & Bobby.

£#%&!ing hell fire, it's like a bizarre Stella Street style joke.
wtf is going on?
I thought of you yesterday babes. Watch rooney celebrate after that 2nd goal. He £#%&!ing loves it.
Closed Thread