United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2012, 01:08 PM
The Mull

I have absolutely nothing of any sense to add to this thread, so in the MNIK theme:

Unread 28-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

I'm with MNIK and Ged

But...

City would say this wouldn't they, in the week it was revealed RvP turned them and an offer of £300k/week down. It's yet another example of city's piss-poor 'media relations' bullshit

Semolina

Unread 28-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
I have absolutely nothing of any sense to add to this thread, so in the MNIK theme:

Damn you .. I'll have that theme song playing in my mind for the rest of the day now!

Unread 28-10-2012, 01:35 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
Damn you .. I'll have that theme song playing in my mind for the rest of the day now!

Unread 28-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
hes a @#%&! irk, and a Bury @#%&! at that
specifically hes from north walshaw

we in south walshaw would only allow someone from north walshaw in our homes to unclog a drain or possibly service an appliance .

Unread 28-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Spiffy

I love how people are outraged at £300K per week just to play football but think that £100K per week is OK. They're both obscenely high. As long as punters will keep paying Sky, the value of each game will be high meaning players get ridiculous salaries. I don't blame the players. If me and 21 mates could charge millions to show the game on TV I'd want my share of the millions and not what's considered reasonable. In short, people who buy tickets and watch Sky are the reasons the salaries are so high. Would you prefer the money be kept by Murdoch and the Glazers?

Unread 28-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I love how people are outraged at £300K per week just to play football but think that £100K per week is OK. They're both obscenely high. As long as punters will keep paying Sky, the value of each game will be high meaning players get ridiculous salaries. I don't blame the players. If me and 21 mates could charge millions to show the game on TV I'd want my share of the millions and not what's considered reasonable. In short, people who buy tickets and watch Sky are the reasons the salaries are so high. Would you prefer the money be kept by Murdoch and the Glazers?
id prefer it to be kept by me

so i do ,

wont pay glazer or work for sky

Unread 28-10-2012, 01:56 PM
wonky no

Quote:
you have inspired a 'beat the intro' game between me and the girlfriend now ged. she cant remember the flumps though. which makes me feel old, so thanks for that

heres a hong kong phooey inspired rvn song as revenge.

rob van percy-
number one super guy
rob van percy
faster than the human eye.

Unread 28-10-2012, 01:59 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
you have inspired a 'beat the intro' game between me and the girlfriend now ged. she cant remember the flumps though. which makes me feel old, so thanks for that

heres a hong kong phooey inspired rvn song as revenge.

rob van percy-
number one super guy
rob van percy
faster than the human eye.
Subtle way on announcing to the forum that you are no longer single

Unread 28-10-2012, 02:00 PM
bobbledinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
That's it though, he's not paid to just play football. He's the sort of player sponsors want to be associated with and part of the reason we get obscenely large sponsorship deals. He's getting a cut. The whole 'sport' is now a lucrative industry. It's not Rooney's fault, nor players like him.

Unread 28-10-2012, 02:01 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Subtle way on announcing to the forum that you are no longer single
just letting the ladies of the forum down gently...

Unread 28-10-2012, 02:15 PM
The Mull

Quote:
just letting the ladies of the forum down gently...

Unread 28-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Cream

Quote:
Reckon I could pull in 300 quid by starting an over 40's club that played mostly 70's/80's kids tv tunes.

'I haven't danced in decades, but when Dj Reem dropped Roobarb and Custard...'

Unread 28-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

daniel taylor's (who?) information is that City's information is that Rooney's wages are the same as what Daniel Taylor's information is that Wenger's information is that City offered Robin van Persie then... great story that.

Rooney isn't on 300k a week. I don't know that, but let's face it, he isn't.

A reasonable wage for a footballer would be £1,000 a week after tax plus a free house, car, food and security. £1k pw after tax would be a reasonable wage for anybody, in fact.

Unread 28-10-2012, 03:13 PM
red in cumbria

So then, Daniel Taylor reporting an evidence-free claim from ciddy. Anybody else smell bullshit??

Unread 28-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:

Quote:

Potentially doomed relationship if you didn't watch the same era of programmes on Kids' TV

(Good luck btw )

Unread 28-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
So then, Daniel Taylor reporting an evidence-free claim from ciddy. Anybody else smell bullshit??
Man City, bitter? Whatever next.

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...s-wing-mirrors

football boils my piss in so many ways. the financial blood-sucking is outrageous.
City's sources? I'd be less inclined to believe the club who thought they had Rooney in the bag, only for him to do a u-turn and stay at United. Marwood was apparently convinced it was a done deal.

"Oh yeah, he only stayed because they gave him £300k a week" slightly takes the edge of the embarrassment.

Unread 28-10-2012, 10:03 PM
borsuk

Unread 28-10-2012, 10:12 PM
ziggyman17

oh the irony and why the £#%&! was he going to the bitters in the first place, for the money.. £#%&!ing bitter @#%&!s.. I hope a meteriod lands on their ground at 3.20 on their next home game..
Closed Thread