United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:11 AM
irk

Default Interesting Snippet regarding Rooney's wages

Quote:
Rooney stayed and City's information now is that his salary was bumped up to – no kidding – £300,000 a week, rather than the £180,000 that was reported at the time.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...s-wing-mirrors

football boils my piss in so many ways. the financial blood-sucking is outrageous.

Quote:
What sticks in the craw, though, is the fat-cat mentality at the Emirates that leads to Gazidis getting a 35% pay rise, taking his annual salary to £1.36m, when the club's financial figures show an operating loss of £31m (pre-transfers), limited success when it comes to commercial revenue, sponsorship deals and a team that has gone seven years without a trophy. Add in a £675,000 bonus and another £100,000 in benefits and Gazidis is almost certainly the best-paid football executive in the country. Hill-Wood explained the rise on "an extremely good year" (how?) and pointed out that salaries are benchmarked against industry competitors.
What a shame for Wenger the club could not have done the same with his players. The real swizz here, though, is that Arsenal's supporters have to pay up to £126 for a match ticket at the Emirates. The cheapest season ticket is £985 and the most expensive a jaw-dropping £1,955. These are the most expensive seats in the Premier League by some distance

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Stretlow

Rooney is on 170k before bonuses... since we won £#%&! all last season he wont be getting anywhere near that

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:16 AM
no fun

its bonkers, but like the lemmings that we are we continue to fund it, and if I am honest its not something I will stop doing anytime soon

I know a footballer who played in the late 80s/early 90s and he was on £15k a week, and he used to say you just cant spend it

£#%&! knows how you make a dent in £300k a week

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:25 AM
My Name is Keith

Be interesting to hear what people think is an acceptable wage for someone like the roons or rvp etc. I honestly have no idea anymore.

I think football has found the point at which it can't really charge anymore through the gate. Look at city and united in the more bobbins matches this season. The arse is crazy and god knows why anyone would pay £80-90 a match to watch that shite.

Tv is the reason why wages will continue to inflate and that's a tougher nut to crack.

I'm now just saying things that I think sound good and I have no means of making a lasting point or concluding with anything thought provoking so I'm going to finish with the word, 'custard'.

There.

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:38 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Be interesting to hear what people think is an acceptable wage for someone like the roons or rvp etc. I honestly have no idea anymore.

I think football has found the point at which it can't really charge anymore through the gate. Look at city and united in the more bobbins matches this season. The arse is crazy and god knows why anyone would pay £80-90 a match to watch that shite.

Tv is the reason why wages will continue to inflate and that's a tougher nut to crack.

I'm now just saying things that I think sound good and I have no means of making a lasting point or concluding with anything thought provoking so I'm going to finish with the word, 'custard'.

There.
as I've nothing constructive to add either I'm going to pick holes in your post and point out that despite promising to finish with the word "custard" you, in fact, finished with the word "there" and in doing so broke your word and disappointed the whole forum.

and so it falls to me to show you how it's done.

custard.

not hard is it?

%@#$&!s.

custard

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:40 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
as I've nothing constructive to add either I'm going to pick holes in your post and point out that despite promising to finish with the word "custard" you, in fact, finished with the word "there" and in doing so broke your word and disappointed the whole forum.

and so it falls to me to show you how it's done.

custard.

not hard is it?

%@#$&!s.

custard
hes a @#%&! irk, and a Bury @#%&! at that

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:44 AM
armchair

I'd have to disagree with the previous posters when they imply that gastronomical wages are indeed just desserts.

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Withers

Couldn't give a £#%&! tbh.

His pocket or the Glazers. Lesser of two evils.

Footballers in the main became @#%&!s a long time ago. Wages would need to drop by about 90% to change that and that isn't going to happen.

Let them earn what they want as long as they win us something, and accept that you are hardly ever going to like any of them

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:45 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I'd have to disagree with the previous posters when they imply that gastronomical wages are indeed just desserts.

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Stickman

City would say that though. Highly doubt wed pay anyone 300k p/w.

Unread 28-10-2012, 10:07 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
City would say that though. Highly doubt wed pay anyone 300k p/w.
Rooney was on £110k a week or thereabouts before his renewal 2 years ago, anyone who thinks he nearly tripled his wages is deluded, especially after the stunt he and his agent pulled.

We are in no position to offer a single player £300k a week. If we were Ronnie would never have left.

Unread 28-10-2012, 10:15 AM
doudou

One of the most disgusting things about modern football is the secrecy surrounding its finances. It's scandalous that we tolerate this world of 'undisclosed' transfer fees, signing on fees and wages.

It's a @#%&!'s charter that shows (at best) the contempt in which football holds us, and leaves all sorts of room for sharp practice and dodgy payments of all kinds.

If the governing bodies really wanted to they could make playing in their competitions contingent on total financial transparency. Can't see FIFA, UEFA or the FA going for it though.

Unread 28-10-2012, 10:19 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Couldn't give a £#%&! tbh.

His pocket or the Glazers. Lesser of two evils.

Footballers in the main became @#%&!s a long time ago. Wages would need to drop by about 90% to change that and that isn't going to happen.

Let them earn what they want as long as they win us something, and accept that you are hardly ever going to like any of them

Hate to say it, but I agree with withers.

But I do like RvP lots.

Unread 28-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Rooney was on £110k a week or thereabouts before his renewal 2 years ago, anyone who thinks he nearly tripled his wages is deluded, especially after the stunt he and his agent pulled.

We are in no position to offer a single player £300k a week. If we were Ronnie would never have left.
Ronnie would have left regardless - he made it clear it was his dream to one day play for Madrid

I don't believe Rooney is on £300K doubt we could ever pay anyone that kind of money in our current state

But imagine for one minute he was? Would make his dire performances this season even harder to stomach and this place would combust!

Unread 28-10-2012, 10:24 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Yeah, 'cos his move to Madrid was solely due to cash.

Ffs, he'd said for 3 years that he'd 'dreamed of playing in Spain'.

Unread 28-10-2012, 10:51 AM
wonky no

no win
no win

we moan the club wont spend an obscene amout in transfere fees yet moan about them spending an obscene amout keeping top players happy.

Unread 28-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
no win
no win

we moan the club wont spend an obscene amout in transfere fees yet moan about them spending an obscene amout keeping top players happy.
300k isn't the going rate though is it?

Unread 28-10-2012, 11:09 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
300k isn't the going rate though is it?
neither are record transfer fees

Unread 28-10-2012, 11:13 AM
believe

those pesky glazers paying pur best player what he wants!!! ggrrrrrr

Unread 28-10-2012, 11:24 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

i had my "road to damascus" moment a long time ago......

sat there, having paid £40, to watch a couple of shit@#%&!s passing the ball back n forth along the back 4 .......£#%&! off !!

used to be home and away...then just home...now, sometimes i cant even be arsed watching it on the telly.........

bottom red me...ooer missus !!
Closed Thread