United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-07-2010, 12:00 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Default Re: top gear slam rooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
lerts be honest we love and actively seek ABUism. we're quite scouse in that respect.
Very good point. Yes John Terry's shocking defending was to blame for all of Germany's goals that I saw (I'd nipped out for a tab for one of them) and rooney simply didn't have a great game where he was but we do simply love to piss and moan about our players getting some stick.
You have to accept that during a world cup people who know nothiong about football will watch a bit of it and then pass comment as though they know something, its the nature of the beast. Just remain content ion the fact that they will stop talking about it in a couple of weeks and that will be the end of it.

Unread 05-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Sullingtons

Thumbs up Re: top gear slam rooney

Quote:
lerts be honest we love and actively seek ABUism. we're quite scouse in that respect.
Yup. Not everyone, but a lot do.

Unread 05-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Stickman

Quote:
so true

Unread 05-07-2010, 12:04 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
Love it if Rooney announced his retirement from international football.
It'd be fantastic, but he won't do it. He's got a £#%&!-off England tattoo on his arm for a start.
I really wish he would though, who needs the aggravation?

On one hand you have Torres, playing like a £#%&!ing drain for Spain (that rhymes) yet everyone & their dog are making excuses for him - despite the fact he's playing in a confident side made up of the likes of Villa, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas etc..
Rooney's poor World Cup has seen him take pretty much all the blame in the media & seen his reputation & standing in the game scrutinised & rubbished.

It's £#%&!ing embarrassing.
It would be absolutely priceless if he refused to be part of the next squad...& then went on to have another great season for us.

Unread 05-07-2010, 12:10 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
It'd be fantastic, but he won't do it. He's got a £#%&!-off England tattoo on his arm for a start.
I really wish he would though, who needs the aggravation?

On one hand you have Torres, playing like a £#%&!ing drain for Spain (that rhymes) yet everyone & their dog are making excuses for him - despite the fact he's playing in a confident side made up of the likes of Villa, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas etc..
Rooney's poor World Cup has seen him take pretty much all the blame in the media & seen his reputation & standing in the game scrutinised & rubbished.

It's £#%&!ing embarrassing.
It would be absolutely priceless if he refused to be part of the next squad...& then went on to have another great season for us.
And hopefully his value drop

Unread 05-07-2010, 12:13 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Agree with the first part, not the second.

Of course we love to get hot under the collar about 'ABUism' ...we all knew that if England had a shite World Cup, Wayne Rooney would get the blame - & that's exactly what's happened.
I think it's the predictability of ABUism that grates...the double-standards, the hypocrisy etc..

Having said that I don't think it's particuarly 'scouse-like' to react it. Scousers invent situations to make themselves feel like victims...they're £#%&!ing ghouls who wallow in self-pity.
ABUism exists, it isn't a self-fulfilling Prophecy on our part.

I think we all get riled by the tiresome anti-United shit in the Press & amongst non-United fans, but we also enjoy it too.

Unread 05-07-2010, 12:20 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yep a midfield that includes milner, lennon and barry is not exactly dripping with top class creative guile is it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
And hopefully his value drop

Always a bright side, from a utd point of view.

Unread 05-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Zorg

I'm acutely aware of the rampant ABU-ism in this country but even I'm surprised at the lack of criticism of John Terry. His performances were almost comically bad, absolutely £#%&!ing horrific in virtually every way, he undermined the captain and the manager by calling his own press conference to announce, erm, absolutely £#%&! all, yet where are the JT dartboards? Oh that's right, a) he's a cockney and b) he did that flying header tackle.

Unread 05-07-2010, 12:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I'm acutely aware of the rampant ABU-ism in this country but even I'm surprised at the lack of criticism of John Terry. His performances were almost comically bad, absolutely £#%&!ing horrific in virtually every way, he undermined the captain and the manager by calling his own press conference to announce, erm, absolutely £#%&! all, yet where are the JT dartboards? Oh that's right, a) he's a cockney and b) he did that flying header tackle.
You forgot c) he sings the Nashunal Anfem REALLY LOUD to prove his PASSION

Unread 05-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Sparky***

In the middle pages of the sun's football pullout today:

"Stars of the world cup - Players who have shone in South Africa"

David Villa - of course, scores for fun.
Mesut Ozil - a star is born.
Wesley Sneijder - fantastic player for holland, their star player.
thomas Muller - destroyed england, having a storming tournament.
Ashley Cole -
Diego Godin - like a rock at the ba...

Er, wait a minute....go back one..

Did I read that correctly?

Ashley Cole? Ashley £#%&!ing Cole?! Are they having a £#%&!ing laugh?!

Surely they've done that in an ironic way? They couldn't honestly be putting any of England's defenders forward as being a star of this tournament.

Unread 05-07-2010, 01:12 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Ashley Cole -

Surely they've done that in an ironic way? They couldn't honestly be putting any of England's defenders forward as being a star of this tournament.
he increased their circulation

Unread 05-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Clarkson was having pops at Rooney and his wife long before the World Cup too.

Unread 05-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Sullingtons

Clarkson should be Prime Minister imo

Unread 05-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You forgot c) he sings the Nashunal Anfem REALLY LOUD to prove his PASSION
Ah yes, of course.

Singing the national anthem dead loud >>>>>>> playing football properly

Unread 05-07-2010, 01:42 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Ashley Cole -

Whilst Ashley cole could probably win the accolade for least shit England player in this world cup he really hasn't made a tenth of the impact as 25 players I you could easily list.

Honda - Best Japaniese player since Nakata and maybe even ever.
Forlan - Showed the people of England that he isn;t the joke that he was made at United.
Kevin Prince Boatang - Showed that Portsmouth had a some genuine class last season.
Jonathan Mensah - Defended with real class for a lad of his age, one to watch for the future.
Bastion Schweinstiger - Broke up everything Ghana tried and has created a number of goals as well.

etc etc

Unread 05-07-2010, 01:48 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It helps that most of the mainstream football media are from the south or live in that part of the world, it's like a bubble.
Thats why they let the likes of terry and lampard off from the real scathing criticism their abject performances really deserve.

And olly holt a manc, writes as if he is the public relations guy for terry and f£#%&!.

Unread 05-07-2010, 01:53 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Whilst Ashley cole could probably win the accolade for least shit England player in this world cup he really hasn't made a tenth of the impact as 25 players I you could easily list.

Forlan - Showed the people of England that he isn;t the joke that he was made at United.
Kevin Prince Boatang - Showed that Portsmouth had a some genuine class last season.
Jonathan Mensah - Defended with real class for a lad of his age, one to watch for the future.
Bastion Schweinstiger - Broke up everything Ghana tried and has created a number of goals as well.

etc etc
Really impressed with that Anthony Annan of ghana as well and lugano of uruguay, tbh every single english player were £#%&!ing dogshit at this world cup, no exceptions really, but then so where the french and the italians..

Unread 05-07-2010, 01:55 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver

etc etc
He's a clever player

Unread 05-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Coracao

Portuguese left back looks decent too.

Unread 05-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Part 36 Offer

Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Müller & Ozil have been superb. All extremely impressive.

Annan & Gyan have had good tournaments and Prince Boateng has been very very good in the main. There is a player in there that's for sure.

Cheeky bid

A side point - Jeremy Clarkson is one of those people that makes me ashamed to be english. He is a pillock of the highest order. Chief pillock of the pillock police from pillocksville.

Complete @#%&!.
Closed Thread