United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
So am I. Will they give £10k per match too?
youre not as nice as jamie.

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:10 AM
BulgarianSpectator

Souness and Gullit - £#%&! me, they don't hide their indiference for him, do they?

I liked the bit when Redknapp grabbed hold of Gullit's arm and said, "Ruud, don't you think....", Gullit didn't even turn around to look at him, just carried on with what he was going to say. If anything, I thought Ruud was going to slap Redknapp for having the audacity to touch him.

Perhaps Redknapp thinks he's got a shot at being a long-term presenter for Sky (perhaps replacing Keys) and is trying too hard to come across as the main man. Hopefully Sky won't go down the same road as the BBC did with Ian Wright and hire him.

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:15 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
youre not as nice as jamie.
I'll settle for £5k then

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:15 AM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
I saw that too : I was waiting for the caption ' Married to Louise ' to come up !

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:17 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
So am I. Will they give £10k per match too?
Do you have a cousin that plays for England and a dad who manages a Premiership club?

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Ginners

Quote:
I'll settle for £5k then
have you played at premiership level and is your dad one of the greatest english managers of the last 20 years? if so then i think 5k is doable

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:22 AM
koppas

He needs to buy a new suit. Always wears the same one.

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:27 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
have you played at premiership level and is your dad one of the greatest english managers of the last 20 years? if so then i think 5k is doable
Since when has my dad's prowess in his field been of any use to me or a prospective employer of me?

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Pop

He's only there to try and raise the female audience numbers. Sky literally said so in that daft advert before the PL started a season or two ago.

Anyone remember it? He appeared on screen and the voiceover said something like 'and for the ladies'

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Since when has my dad's prowess in his field been of any use to me or a prospective employer of me?

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Boney87

One phrase from his insight into the ronaldo goal stood out for me. He claimed "the ball literally exploded off his foot." Did it Jamie? Did it really? @#%&!.

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:55 AM
MrBishi

He doesn't seem to have a very good understanding of the word 'literally', does he? "Torres literally left him for dead" and "Ronaldo literally ran his legs off" are two other classics.

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:56 AM
armchair

Stick to the wii rednapp, leave the real football to a real footballer.

Unread 17-04-2009, 12:04 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
He doesn't seem to have a very good understanding of the word 'literally', does he? "Torres literally left him for dead" and "Ronaldo literally ran his legs off" are two other classics.
"That's literally cut him in half". Common pundit's mistake.

That bird on Newsnight once made the mistake of saying to Paxman "I was literally gobsmacked". "Literally?" replied Jeremy, looking as though he was about to correct her in the most literal terms..

Unread 17-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Boney87

Remeber one from a commentator last year; "Torres is literally on fire." I wish.

Unread 17-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

this is exciting

what else did they say?

Unread 17-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Redknapp always looks stressed out when he is on with Gullit and Souness. They are both relaxed, laid back, confident and assured in their analysis and opinions.

Redknapp seems under pressure to perform, anxious to make his mark and join in with 'grown-ups' conversation. I forget what was said on Wednesday but he was dismissed by Souness and the camera panned to show all 3 of them, and he seemed to be developing 'Arry's twitch and sat there, seething and going red, he didn't speak for ages, then when he joined in he said one thing and went off on a tangent talking absolute %@#$&!s. Like a child who knows £#%&! all about the subject but wants to be involved would.
Quote:
Souness and Gullit - £#%&! me, they don't hide their indiference for him, do they?

I liked the bit when Redknapp grabbed hold of Gullit's arm and said, "Ruud, don't you think....", Gullit didn't even turn around to look at him, just carried on with what he was going to say. If anything, I thought Ruud was going to slap Redknapp for having the audacity to touch him.

Perhaps Redknapp thinks he's got a shot at being a long-term presenter for Sky (perhaps replacing Keys) and is trying too hard to come across as the main man. Hopefully Sky won't go down the same road as the BBC did with Ian Wright and hire him.
There was one moment when Redknapp was speaking, Gullit had his hand to his mouth looking like he was trying to hide an amused smile, then he had to speak next & quickly had to regain a straight face

Unread 17-04-2009, 03:00 PM
ScarFace

Yes i love Jamie for comedy reasons too.

Mainly european games though as usually for the league, he has his equal in nothing players, next to him.

His mrs is still fit as £#%&! though, saw her doing some Wii add on tv on her own....WOOO GREAT TROTTERS TOO !

Unread 17-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Time For Heroes

I 'literally' hate the misuse of the word 'literally'.

Unread 09-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

There's 8minutes I'll never get back.
Closed Thread