United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2009, 09:02 AM
irk

Default Jamie "insight" redknapp

did you hear his contribution to the discussion of ronaldo's goal after the porto game?

was i pissed or did he actually say something along the lines of: "he swings his leg right through the ball - down onto it, and it explodes of his foot, and that is what gives it all of it's power, and it flies into the net"?

cheers for that you footballing sage - kicking the ball with your leg makes the ball go toward the goal, and the harder you do it the faster it goes - well, i'm wiser now thanks to you. he really makes you see the game in different ways.

wage thief.

Unread 17-04-2009, 09:06 AM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
did you hear his contribution to the discussion of ronaldo's goal after the porto game?

was i pissed or did he actually say something along the lines of: "he swings his leg right through the ball - down onto it, and it explodes of his foot, and that is what gives it all of it's power, and it flies into the net"?

cheers for that you footballing sage - kicking the ball with your leg makes the ball go toward the goal, and the harder you do it the faster it goes - well, i'm wiser now thanks to you. he really makes you see the game in different ways.

wage thief.

and then some

I'd like to break my knuckles on his face

Unread 17-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
wage thief.
Absolutely right. There are only a couple of pundits who aren't. You wonder how much some of them get paid for telling us that kicking the ball hard makes it go fast, the 'Germans will be well-organised Gary' and Rooney 'needs to work on his temperament'.

No wonder none of them are £#%&!ing managers.

Unread 17-04-2009, 09:18 AM
MakeBelieve

Made me laugh when Keys said something about Fergie managing the most Champions League games ever and asked the pundits if they could guess who was second. Jamie immediately pipes up 'Guus Hiddink' whilst Souness says Wenger. The top 10 table flashes up with no Hiddink and Wenger number 2..

It reminded me of The Office when Finchy goes up for the tie-breaker question:

'Macbeth.'
'Yes'
'No'
'...no'

Unread 17-04-2009, 09:20 AM
dunk

The best bit of Sky's coverage...

Graeme Souness
3 Times European Cup Winner

Ruud Gullit
2 Times European Cup Winner

Jamie Redknapp

Unread 17-04-2009, 09:30 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Absolutely right. There are only a couple of pundits who aren't. You wonder how much some of them get paid for telling us that kicking the ball hard makes it go fast, the 'Germans will be well-organised Gary' and Rooney 'needs to work on his temperament'.

No wonder none of them are £#%&!ing managers.

Shearer?

Unread 17-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Shearer?
Precisely

Unread 17-04-2009, 09:39 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Precisely

Unread 17-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Graeme Souness

Ruud Gullit

Jamie Redknapp

always makes me piss myself that. same as when souness says things like "when you've played in big games, and i'm talking big, big games, and won medals...." and redknapp just sits there looking uncomfortable.

Unread 17-04-2009, 09:58 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

always makes me piss myself that. same as when souness says things like "when you've played in big games, and i'm talking big, big games, and won medals...." and redknapp just sits there looking uncomfortable.
To be fair to him, he did wear a white suit as a losing FA Cup finalist.

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Graeme Souness

Ruud Gullit

Jamie Redknapp

I saw that too : I was waiting for the caption ' Married to Louise ' to come up !

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:15 AM
muotmc

What Redknapp actually said was that most professional players, when striking a ball from that distance, towards goal, their leg usually ends up about waist height with the follow through. Ronaldo, however, seems to hit the ball with very little follow through but the ball explodes off his foot.

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by muotmc
What Redknapp actually said was that most professional players, when striking a ball from that distance, towards goal, their leg usually ends up about waist height with the follow through. Ronaldo, however, seems to hit the ball with very little follow through but the ball explodes off his foot.
Don't try sticking up for him, no-one likes him and if everyone wants to give him stick whilst getting facts wrong or right then that's okay with me.

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:46 AM
koppas

I am a big fan of Souness. He is a closet red.

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:47 AM
dunk

Redknapp always looks stressed out when he is on with Gullit and Souness. They are both relaxed, laid back, confident and assured in their analysis and opinions.

Redknapp seems under pressure to perform, anxious to make his mark and join in with 'grown-ups' conversation. I forget what was said on Wednesday but he was dismissed by Souness and the camera panned to show all 3 of them, and he seemed to be developing 'Arry's twitch and sat there, seething and going red, he didn't speak for ages, then when he joined in he said one thing and went off on a tangent talking absolute %@#$&!s. Like a child who knows £#%&! all about the subject but wants to be involved would.

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:48 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Probably those tight shiny trousers

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Ginners

hes a really nice bloke jamie, but he doesnt half look like an idiot when sat next to souey and gullit

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:02 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I am a big fan of Souness. He is a closet red.
He's a closet something

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
To be fair to him, he did wear a white suit as a losing FA Cup finalist.

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:06 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
hes a really nice bloke jamie,
So am I. Will they give £10k per match too?
Closed Thread