nft.
And a couple against us! Great!

Unread 24-09-2009, 12:45 PM
borsuk

Default Re: Ronaldo starting to look the biz for Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Defence's are shit in Spain.
yep. teams also have a go more than in england, meaning they get spanked more often.

Unread 24-09-2009, 12:51 PM
marlo

how many goals have we scored against spainish teams in the last say...4 years?

Unread 24-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
How many Spanish teams have we played in the last four years who play open football.

Unread 24-09-2009, 12:54 PM
El Chalten

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
i think that's to do with fergie's negative tactics.

nft.

Unread 24-09-2009, 12:56 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
How many Spanish teams have we played in the last four years who play open football.
ok the defences are shit, we havent scored a reasonable amount against spanish teams but thats because the ones we play..dont play 'open football'

ok.

Unread 24-09-2009, 02:10 PM
borsuk

the only spanish teams we've played in the last few years are ones which have qualified for the champions league - i.e. the top 4.

much of the rest of the league is pretty open and defences are pretty poor, while matches are more open than in england. hence the likes of forlan scoring bucketloads of goals when he couldn't hit a barn door in england and kanoute becoming the leading player for a top six side when he was a mid-table striker in england.

Unread 24-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
made up for the lad. just hope he doesn't bite us in the arse this season.
I hope his #@&%! falls off.

Unread 24-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
made up for the lad. just hope he doesn't bite us in the arse this season.
one joke, so many punchlines...

Unread 24-09-2009, 02:54 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the only spanish teams we've played in the last few years are ones which have qualified for the champions league - i.e. the top 4.

much of the rest of the league is pretty open and defences are pretty poor, while matches are more open than in england. hence the likes of forlan scoring bucketloads of goals when he couldn't hit a barn door in england and kanoute becoming the leading player for a top six side when he was a mid-table striker in england.
stop talking sense. You will confuse them.

Unread 24-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Sparky***

I'm not surprised one bit that Ronaldo is looking good for madrid.

The league is set up for him to score about 40 goals this season. He won't have to worry about people kicking him to £#%&! every week and them getting away with it, because refs are more stringent on physical stuff in spain and he'll have all the room in the world to do as he wants.

Unread 24-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Ethers

Take it you didn't see some of the tackles he took last night then

Unread 24-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Harri Jaffa

Ronaldo has had the best possible set up for tearing up the Spanish league.

Hugely talented youngster at a club that allowed him to increase his skills and tricks while still staying a little under the radar and getting first team experience.

Moving to the top club in the UK for bring through young players. Working with the best players and managment team and plying his trade in europe, however working in a league where his style of play needs to be at its highest level to be most affected.

Working with a manager who would have not allowed him to sink mentally and to keep up his his standards into his 'peak years'

Moving to one of the top teams in Spain, (where the top 2 are head and shoulders above anyone else currently) in a league where his style of play is activly encouraged.

He'll breeze it there.

Unread 24-09-2009, 03:38 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Ronaldo has had the best possible set up for tearing up the Spanish league.

Hugely talented youngster at a club that allowed him to increase his skills and tricks while still staying a little under the radar and getting first team experience.

Moving to the top club in the UK for bring through young players. Working with the best players and managment team and plying his trade in europe, however working in a league where his style of play needs to be at its highest level to be most affected.

Working with a manager who would have not allowed him to sink mentally and to keep up his his standards into his 'peak years'

Moving to one of the top teams in Spain, (where the top 2 are head and shoulders above anyone else currently) in a league where his style of play is activly encouraged.

He'll breeze it there.
Exactly.

Seen him a couple of times already including last night, and everytime i've seen him it's too easy for him and he to me don't seem as motivated as he was at United.

Wish him all the best, deal was right for both sides and only god knows his future

Unread 24-09-2009, 03:41 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Hes easily the best player in the world for me.

He will score a record number of goals this season and probably lead madrid to the title and possibly champions league.
Messi is a great player but Ronaldo has so much more to his game.

Good luck to the lad and see you in 5 years

Unread 24-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up Re: Ronaldo starting to look the biz for Madrid

loved ronaldo for us, he was brilliant. good luck to him, imo.

Unread 24-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Take it you didn't see some of the tackles he took last night then
Difference is, the ref didn't wave 'play on' like over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Good luck to the lad and see you in 5 years
we'll see him at old trafford again before 5 years mate. in the white of real madrid.

Unread 24-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Tronics

am i the only one that doesn't give a s*** about him or madrid?

Unread 24-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
am i the only one that doesn't give a s*** about him or madrid?
Nope. I don't give a £#%&! either. As long as we've got Rooney I couldn't give a £#%&!. I wouldn't swap Rooney for Ronaldo.

Unread 24-09-2009, 06:01 PM
wonky no

teams in the . £#%&! knows why european cup apply different tactics than in their leagues
Closed Thread