United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Lok

Default Re: The Liverpool 4 Newcastle 3 game

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
FA Cup against Villa in 01/02 was a cracker. 2-0 15 minutes to go and Ruud ripped them to bits, £#%&!ing brilliant.
Forgot about that one. It's up there to be fair, excellent game.

Unread 22-09-2009, 04:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

I was waiting for it after the mentions of the villa-chelsea and west ham-spurs 'classics'. Gonna dig out the dvd of both of them beauties soon.
They were great games to watch, as good as the Liverpool vs. Newcastle game that is harped on about so much.

Unread 22-09-2009, 04:32 PM
J_RED

Obviously not a premier league game but one of the best i ever saw was in the World Cup Mexico 1986 Belgium 4-3 USSR (AET) better than all those games mentioned so far IMO

http://www.fifa.com/classicfootball/...32/report.html

Unread 22-09-2009, 04:32 PM
ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
The 3-2 at Maine Road post-Galatasary was better than Sunday.
Agree on that, as we were absolutely brilliant and 2 - 0 down, whereas on Sunday we were pretty average really.

Unread 22-09-2009, 04:54 PM
wee man

Sunday past was unforgettable but if truth be told it was only the 2nd half that was "classic". 1st half was pretty average.

Unread 22-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Zorg

One of my favourite matches ever was Romania 3 Argentina 2 in the 1994 World Cup. Belter.

Unread 22-09-2009, 05:21 PM
£#%&! KFC

when we beatt the Jawdies 6-2 our football was sensational...we declared after an hour though

Unread 22-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Caster Troy

I remember when thye bundled home the second we were worried about it coming down to goal difference

Unread 22-09-2009, 05:42 PM
taff

i think most of the hype for that liverpool-newcastle game came from sky, as though football only became exciting when they started showing it. they're the equivalent of some #@&%! mate who's always going "do you remember the time i did this?!" even though no-one gives two shits but him.

Unread 22-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I still say that 2-2 At Highbury is the tensest game of football ive ever watched, and the crowd was incredibly tense too, you could feel it from watching on tv. Even more so than Barca@Ot in April 08 for me. I was shitting it for days going into that Arsenal game, I loathed that team, and deep down a small part of me thought we were going to get 'found out' that night after our great run of results.
This is for me.

Unread 22-09-2009, 06:46 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Still one of my all time favourites was the 3-3 at Anfield in 88. Robbo's early goal, Whiteside on Mcmahon and little Gordon's cigar in front of the Kop.

Unread 22-09-2009, 06:50 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
me too. Everything dramatic that can happen in a football match happened in that game.

Prior to that the best game I ever seen was the Schumacher game in the 1982 world cup semi

Unread 22-09-2009, 07:31 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
me too. Everything dramatic that can happen in a football match happened in that game.

Prior to that the best game I ever seen was the Schumacher game in the 1982 world cup semi
YouTube - France Vs West Germany in World Cup 1982
Norn Ireland v Spain was better shurely?????

Unread 22-09-2009, 07:48 PM
The Watcher

The best domestic game I've seen is the 1999 FA Cup semi final. The two best teams in the land going head to head at their absolute peaks. On another day, Arsenal could have won that and gone on to clinch a second successive double. Truly epic stuff that night at Villa Park

The 1-1 at OT between the two sides earlier in the season was another great game. Rarely mentioned, but I remember it being real end to end stuff. Was gutted at the time, as I felt we should have won it in the 2nd half.

That scouse game doesn't even come remotely close, mainly because neither side was particularly good. But given how barren the Premier League era has been for the murderers, it's no wonder they always go on about - not that I'm £#%&!ed, it helped us win the Title back after all

Unread 22-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Flowers of Manchester

Im sure I heard on the radio that they said the game on Sunday was the best ever! Still £#%&!ing buzzing!

Thats what it's all about - the high the lows and then the amazing buzz at the end which keeps you going for days!

easily up there in the group of games as one of the best ever I attended.

I would put the Everton 4-2 up there in 2007 in one of the best games too when we were 2-0 down at Goodison and Chelsea winning at home in terms of drama too!

Unread 22-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
The best domestic game I've seen is the 1999 FA Cup semi final. The two best teams in the land going head to head at their absolute peaks. On another day, Arsenal could have won that and gone on to clinch a second successive double. Truly epic stuff that night at Villa Park

The 1-1 at OT between the two sides earlier in the season was another great game. Rarely mentioned, but I remember it being real end to end stuff. Was gutted at the time, as I felt we should have won it in the 2nd half.

That scouse game doesn't even come remotely close, mainly because neither side was particularly good. But given how barren the Premier League era has been for the murderers, it's no wonder they always go on about - not that I'm £#%&!ed, it helped us win the Title back after all
The fa cup semi replay still remains the best game of football i've ever seen.

Unread 22-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Sloppy

The scousers 3-2 win v city at the council ground was touted as the greatest comeback ever on something i watched.

Unread 22-09-2009, 08:51 PM
otbarney

It might just be cynical old me, but I don't think that 4-3 would have been lauded as the best ever game if the vermin had lost 4-3.

Unread 22-09-2009, 08:58 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers of Manchester
Im sure I heard on the radio that they said the game on Sunday was the best ever! Still £#%&!ing buzzing!

Thats what it's all about - the high the lows and then the amazing buzz at the end which keeps you going for days!

easily up there in the group of games as one of the best ever I attended.

I would put the Everton 4-2 up there in 2007 in one of the best games too when we were 2-0 down at Goodison and Chelsea winning at home in terms of drama too!
yep 4-2 Arsenal was up there as well in terms of gooning...still got the bruises

Unread 22-09-2009, 08:59 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
The scousers 3-2 win v city at the council ground was touted as the greatest comeback ever on something i watched.
I didn't knoww you had LFCTV mate
Closed Thread