Unread 29-07-2009, 02:17 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
vacuous status obsessed people do

some other people have very different ideals

you should know that being an active environmental campaigner
billy you cant believe that myth.

someone could just prefer to have a car that is abit higher on the road etc or people with kids.

i like 4 x 4s as they arent many good saloon cars left.

mercedes have let themselves go abit, ford are shit and im not a fan of the bmw 5 or 7 series.
the audi a5 is nice though

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

someone could just prefer to have a car that is abit higher on the road etc or people with kids.

mercedes have let themselves go abit, ford are shit and im not a fan of the bmw 5 or 7 series.
oh, should have said!

thats alright then

you big daft spasmadoink

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

you are right to an exetent. Also with the shit roads in this country driving a low-riding sports car with low-profile tyres and stiff suspension can make most mundane journeys bone-shudderingly £#%&!ing terrible.

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:21 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
you are right to an exetent. Also with the shit roads in this country driving a low-riding sports car with low-profile tyres and stiff suspension can make most mundane journeys bone-shudderingly £#%&!ing terrible.
my good mate has a porsche and its a nightmare being in it. so uncomfortable etc. its like a punishment being in it.

imagine having to drive it to manchester or somewhere long distance. £#%&!ing torture.

compare that to being in a spacious range rover or q7.

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:21 PM
forzagarza

Quote:

Love it when people say stuff like that. They usually go on to say you don't understand what it's like to have kids ignoring the fact that I was once one and my mum and dad had a VW Polo and Vauxhall Carlton and managed without a problem driving me and my sister plus everything else around.

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:

Very true, i feel every bump and pot hole on the roads when driving about.

Does my head in.

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:26 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Love it when people say stuff like that. They usually go on to say you don't understand what it's like to have kids ignoring the fact that I was once one and my mum and dad had a VW Polo and Vauxhall Carlton and managed without a problem driving me and my sister plus everything else around.
Dog on the parcel shelf ? .....add that and that was me as a nipper too, had an elegro but then updated to a shit vauxhall cant remember what model but you could get into the boot through the arm rest, superb journey in the boot of a car as a kid for some reason

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:27 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Which proves that anyone who does buy one of those cars is an idiot. The state of the roads are hardly a big secret.

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Albert Tatlock

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:29 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
Dog on the parcel shelf ? .....add that and that was me as a nipper too, had an elegro but then updated to a shit vauxhall cant remember what model but you could get into the boot through the arm rest, superb journey in the boot of a car as a kid for some reason
Ahem, Allegro. Or All-agro

Possibly the only car in history with a square steering wheel

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:30 PM
poppy

I actually look forward to going back to Blighty and driving on decent roads. They're a million times better than the shite we have to put up with over here.

n48

If the buffoons of top gear are to be believed then Ford Mondeo is actually a good car. Although mans aint interested in handling etc.

My Name is Keith

I have a large 4 x 4.

But I've got 3 young children all under the age of 8 and you simply can't get a saloon car that fits 3 child seats side by side. Now, in my day, like Forza is saying, we all used to cram in and didn't wear seatblets etc but times move on.

You can either ignore what's recommended for your childrens saftey or do something about it.

Saying that, I suppose I could have got a Renault Space Cruiser or one of those cars that looks like a boss-eyed fish but I'd rather eat my own shit than do that.

Goodbye.

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:35 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
go on. tell me a real mans car then.

bmw are easily the best car makers atm and the x6 is their 'favourite' child.

3.0 litre V6 engine, rear wheel drive with no fancy traction control etc (a real man should be able to handle that), no fancy add ons (a real man doesn't need electric everything), and needs a little maintenance now and again (a real man should be able to handle a spanner and know how engines work.

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:37 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I have a large 4 x 4.

But I've got 3 young children all under the age of 8 and you simply can't get a saloon car that fits 3 child seats side by side..
spermtastic

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:38 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81

3.0 litre V6 engine, rear wheel drive with no fancy traction control etc (a real man should be able to handle that), no fancy add ons (a real man doesn't need electric everything), and needs a little maintenance now and again (a real man should be able to handle a spanner and know how engines work.

i would rather get the coach to manchester sitting next to the toilet door than drive that thing up there.

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81

sorry mate - if I can't plug my ipod into it and work it off the steering wheel i ain't £#%&!ing interested.

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Skag Trendy

Iam not a fan of bigger cars tbh, i only have a 2 seater and its the way i like it as i dont need to taxi mates about etc.

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:40 PM
marlo

Thumbs up

Quote:
sorry mate - if I can't plug my ipod into it and work it off the steering wheel i ain't £#%&!ing interested.
the modern man

Unread 29-07-2009, 02:41 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
Iam not a fan of bigger cars tbh, i only have a 2 seater and its the way i like it as i dont need to taxi mates about etc.
what two seater you got mate?
Closed Thread