nft.

Unread 22-09-2009, 10:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Looking forward to Weds now vs Wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
no doubt Park will get a game.

nft.
Doubt it, Fergie seems to prefer him in bigger games than this.

I'd really like to see us play with two orthodox wingers, maybe Nani and Valencia. Or possibly Tosic. Think we need to get valencia more football at the club, tbh I can't really understand why he didn't start on Sunday.

Unread 22-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Doubt it, Fergie seems to prefer him in bigger games than this.

I'd really like to see us play with two orthodox wingers, maybe Nani and Valencia. Or possibly Tosic. Think we need to get valencia more football at the club, tbh I can't really understand why he didn't start on Sunday.
Park has proven he's a man for the big occasion. He gets through the workload of 2 players, when we're attacking he's there supporting. When we're defending he's always back covering. To be fair to him, he is also far more technically gifted then people give him credit for. His passing is sharp and quick, his movement is good and he's not too bad on the ball.

Valencia's time will come but it was a bit early in his united career to be starting a game like that.

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:42 AM
shadowplay

Manchester United (from): Kuszczak, Zieler, Amos, De Laet, Neville, Brown,J Evans, Dudgeon, Fabio, Tosic, Gibson, C Evans, Eikrem, Carrick, Scholes, Valencia, Nani, Owen, Welbeck, Macheda, King.

That would be my team, with Macheda, Tosic and King hopefully getting a run out at some stage.

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:51 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Park has proven he's a man for the big occasion. He gets through the workload of 2 players, when we're attacking he's there supporting. When we're defending he's always back covering. To be fair to him, he is also far more technically gifted then people give him credit for. His passing is sharp and quick, his movement is good and he's not too bad on the ball.

Unread 23-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Sloppy

Fergie wants youngsters' focus

Macheda and Welbeck set for first appearances of the season

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...577590,00.html

Unread 23-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Stickman

Oberan OUT!

Unread 23-09-2009, 01:10 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Oberan OUT!
the fairy.

Unread 23-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
the fairy.

lol

Titania might disagree

Unread 23-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Coracao

Team according to Partytown

Quote:

this is the team at it stands at the moment with the possible exeption of wellbeck for nani but remember its early so not set in stone

pole
neville
wes
evans
fabio
valencia
carrick
gibson
nani
owen
macheda

Unread 23-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Team according to Partytown
Is that the guy on RI who always gets it right hours before kick off?

Reasonably happy with that. Owen, Nani & Valencia all need minutes.

Unread 23-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Is that the guy on RI who always gets it right hours before kick off?

Reasonably happy with that. Owen, Nani & Valencia all need minutes.
Yes, that's the fella.

Unread 23-09-2009, 03:21 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Yes, that's the fella.
No tosic then, sure certain people are rubbing their hands and adding some noughts.

Unread 23-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Coracao

Quote:
No tosic then, sure certain people are rubbing their hands and adding some noughts.
If the team is correct, it does beg the question...

Unread 23-09-2009, 03:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
If the team is correct, it does beg the question...
That's the problem with the numbers in the squad. Too many players need games atm.

Unread 23-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That's the problem with the numbers in the squad. Too many players need games atm.
I wouldn't say Nani or Valencia particularly needed a game. I'd start them both at weekend.

I'm surprised at the complete lack of progress Tosic has made in regards to the first team. His exclusion from the Champions League squad on top of this, doesn't really bode well for the lad imo.

Unread 23-09-2009, 04:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
I wouldn't say Nani or Valencia particularly needed a game. I'd start them both at weekend.

I'm surprised at the complete lack of progress Tosic has made in regards to the first team. His exclusion from the Champions League squad on top of this, doesn't really bode well for the lad imo.
I agree with that, but I believe he struggled quite badly with the move, personally, certainly for the 1st 6 months or so.

I think Valencia and Nani both need games, they have been playing a touch intermittently recently and you want both to continue to get games, Nani hasn't started in the last 3 and Valencia has started just 1.

Unread 23-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I agree with that, but I believe he struggled quite badly with the move, personally, certainly for the 1st 6 months or so.

I think Valencia and Nani both need games, they have been playing a touch intermittently recently and you want both to continue to get games, Nani hasn't started in the last 3 and Valencia has started just 1.
Nani and Valencia both started last week against Besiktas.

I'd rather see them start against Stoke and Wolfsburg instead of tonight, when others could be given a go (who won't be involved vs Stoke or Wolfsburg).

Unread 23-09-2009, 04:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

I actually agree that Valencia and Nani need games so it's a tough one for Tosic.

Unread 23-09-2009, 05:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Nani and Valencia both started last week against Besiktas.

I'd rather see them start against Stoke and Wolfsburg instead of tonight, when others could be given a go (who won't be involved vs Stoke or Wolfsburg).
I forgot Nani started against Besiktas I don't think both will start Saturday or Wednesday, so today is a good opportunity to give them a game with a different level of expectation, improve fitness and confidence (hopefully). I hope Tosic is on the bench at least.

It's similar to the CM/CF situation, we all want to see the likes of Macheda, Welbeck, James, Eikrem, King and others get a start, but Carrick, Owen, Gibson and others need games so they will play.
Closed Thread